PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid for XBox confirmed!

SnOoPy
05-09-2002, 01:08 PM
Check out this article from http://www.computerandvideogames.com

XBOX AND PC METAL GEAR PLUS Z.O.E 2 REVEALED!

Double bok! A financial statement from KCEJ has pre-empted E3 revealing Metal Gear Solid Substance and Z.O.E 2: The 2nd Runner for next-gen hardware!

16:20 Whoops! A prime example of inter-office global synergy was delivered with cataclysmic poignancy earlier today, as first KCET announced Contra and Silent Hill 3 via a financial report, then KCEJ confirmed Metal Gear Solid Substance for Xbox and PC and Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner via exactly the same medium. All of which ostensibly completely undermines the US arm of the company's attempts to make a big splash at this month's E3. Ta-da!
Metal Gear X was official confirmed months and months ago until all went suspiciously quiet in the run up to MGS2 releasing on PS2, but now Xbox owners and PC stealth fans have just cause for celebration as a new game, tentatively known as Metal Gear Solid Substance, is on its way to their respective formats. No official details regarding content have been released, but it is strongly suspected the title will be an enhanced version of Metal Gear Solid 2.

Furthermore, a sequel to the visually astounding PS2 mech title Z.O.E was confirmed, titled Z.O.E 2: The 2nd Runner. Although no format was revealed, we'll eat one of our deputy editor's three pairs of pants if it doesn't come out on PS2.

With Silent Hill 3, Contra, Z.O.E 2 and Metal Gear Solid Substance, Konami is gearing up for one hell of an E3. Even if we do know all about it now. A spokesperson for Konami of Europe refused to comment ahead of the show. More very soon.

kidrock
05-09-2002, 01:10 PM
IGN is supposed to have some news on it too in about 10minutes

kidrock
05-09-2002, 01:18 PM
yep... IGN just confirmed it too... here you go....
May 09, 2002 - Konami JPN, like Konami TYO yesterday, released its financial report for the recently-concluded period today. Included in the release is news of major new titles, including "a second and third original title to follow on our Metal Gear Solid series," and "new original titles" bearing the Z.O.E brand.
Titles derived from the Metal Gear Solid series are to be released for multiple platforms, although the release seems to distinguish between "sequels" and "derivative titles." New sequels in the series are to be released every two years. Meanwhile, new games in the Z.O.E franchise are being developed with worldwide release expressly in mind.

Impress Game Watch specifically reports that the new MGS game will be entitled Metal Gear Solid Substance, and be developed for PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC. Meanwhile, the Z.O.E sequel is to be entitled Zone of the Enders 2: The Second Runner -- Konami expects improvements on the original game to produce a million-selling title.

Aside from those major announcements, the release indicates plans to continue Konami JPN's successful exploitation of character-based franchises, including Konami's own Yu-Gi-Oh franchise and anime licenses such as Hikaru no Go and Tennis no Oji-sama, to produce titles for Gamecube, PlayStation, and Game Boy Advance. Altogether, the company plans to release 49 titles in the fiscal year beginning March 2003.

Look forward to further news on Konami JPN's future plans, particularly new Metal Gear Solid and Z.O.E games, at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo.

DZNUTZ
05-09-2002, 01:18 PM
LOL...
i remember buying Z.O.E. for the metal gear solid demo

i never finished Z.O.E...in fact i think i only played it a couple times

i bought MGS the day it came out..

i think i might be half way done

LOL..DAMN U XBOX!!

Crazy Joe
05-09-2002, 01:21 PM
sweet, it's about time we have heard something about this game. Now we just need to see GTA3 at E3 and all will be perfect.

Ninja Scroll
05-09-2002, 01:22 PM
What the hell kinda name is MGS Substance?

Whatever happened to MGSX's title?

This title cant be official! I'll wait until those roody poo's ove rat gamespot post something.
This title is hard to believe.

Oh, and btw, who cares about Z.O.E. ? Im more like ZOE WHO?!:eek:

:D

kidrock
05-09-2002, 01:24 PM
its supposed to be MGS1, VR missions, & MGS2 using MGS2's engine....

l Maximus l
05-09-2002, 01:25 PM
Great news, Snoop!! Man, the XBox is definately demonstrating that it is a major player in the gaming industry with news like this :)

~~xBoX pRYdE!!!~~

OppiumNitrates
05-09-2002, 01:30 PM
Ninja who cars about the name?

as long as the game is like the other metal gear games and it comes in a green case it will rock. . .

kidrock
05-09-2002, 01:50 PM
ign has it on there xbox site www.ignxbox.com and also gamers
http://www.gamers.com/news/1145584

CoMATOSE
05-09-2002, 02:21 PM
thats clinched it, the xbox is with out a doubt the greatest console ever.............ok!

Unreal
05-09-2002, 04:25 PM
Very good news indeed. I always wanted to play MGS but I do not own a PS2. Now it looks like all that will change :D

faceoff508
05-09-2002, 04:29 PM
Now what are the PS2 fanboys going to say! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Devil May Cry
05-09-2002, 06:05 PM
A moral victory for xbox i suppose.

BUt not the highly touted MGSX with exclusive features only on Xbox.

l Maximus l
05-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Devil May Cry

hehe...just wait and see ;)

FuNkY mOnK
05-09-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Now what are the PS2 fanboys going to say! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!
I all ready got a taste of it; most claim that this is old stains on their underwear.

HaVoK
05-09-2002, 08:23 PM
Woo Hoo!!!! it's about time!

MaxgamerX24
05-09-2002, 08:29 PM
Thats one ps2 excuse gone. By the way Havok how did you make that sweet banner.

HaVoK
05-09-2002, 08:34 PM
everyone keeps asking me that...... and to them I reply....time and luck.

but I can tell ya I did it in photoshop.;)

MaxgamerX24
05-09-2002, 08:39 PM
HaHaHa, I might have to get you to make me one.

Crazy Joe
05-09-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Devil May Cry

well i guarantee it will have something more that MGS2, or else they would have just called it MGS2 or MGS2X or something, not a whole new name.

E-Vader
05-10-2002, 07:33 AM
MGS2 awsome game when one can play it

:mad: GET RID OF THOSE DAMN CUT SCENES :mad:

Nuff said:D

Ninja Scroll
05-10-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
Ninja who cars about the name?

as long as the game is like the other metal gear games and it comes in a green case it will rock. . .

I guess your right their Oppium, I cant really complain since it is coming to own beloved Xbox regardless.:o

Ninja Scroll
05-10-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by E-Vader
MGS2 awsome game when one can play it

:mad: GET RID OF THOSE DAMN CUT SCENES :mad:

Nuff said:D

I actually look forward to cut scenes in videogams. Like Shenmue I & II.
One thing I noticed is the diehard Final Fantasy fans dont like the newer versions because they feel the cut scenes make th game look and feel more of a movie than an RPG.
I feel differently from those fellas.:)

btw, the first MGS's cut scenes were things that helped to story progress. Maybe it's just me?

E-Vader
05-10-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

One thing I noticed is the diehard Final Fantasy fans dont like the newer versions because they feel the cut scenes make th game look and feel more of a movie than an RPG.

btw, the first MGS's cut scenes were things that helped to story progress. Maybe it's just me?

Cut scenes are ok but its just in MGS2 theres too many and there far too long, You have got time to roll a smoke go to the toilet make a coffee go on a fun run, It would have been better if the cut scenes were in built into the game sort Deus Ex style.

MageOfTheMatrix
05-11-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

You'll change your mind once you play MGS2.

Like the previous post said, the cutscenes are too long and there are too many of them. They don't give enough gameplay in between. It's OK if I play for an hour and then watch a 5min cut scene but really bad if I play for 5 minutes and then have to watch another 20 minute cutscene.

Another bad part of MGS2 is that you have those communicator conversations that you can't skip. So even after you know the story you have to press A many many times to skip them. It's good practice for those resist the torture sections.

In RPGs you expect a long storyline and perhaps many cutscences but this is an ACTION game.

The first MGS actually had a story line. This one starts out good but then goes in a really weird direction. And I don't mean interesting weird. It goes from that spy fighting terrorists theme of MGS to Japanese style RPG life philosophy/soap opera crap. By the end the story totaly kills the game.

Dilr0y
05-11-2002, 01:39 AM
Well, once GTA3 is confirmed for Xbox I will be a HAPPY man. :)

Devil May Cry
05-11-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

well i guarantee it will have something more that MGS2, or else they would have just called it MGS2 or MGS2X or something, not a whole new name.

Wel of course it will but it will not have exclusive features that the PS2 version doesnt have.

Its coming for PS2 also, just a rehash to make more oney.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-11-2002, 03:53 PM
when is it being released!
what???
that's too late!
cant wait for this one!
i will need some serious cash to buy all these cool games that are coming out for the xbox!