PDA

View Full Version : EA unveils James Bond 007: NightFire

faceoff508
05-09-2002, 05:13 PM
The next Bond action game will feature an original storyline that takes players from the bottom of the South Pacific to outer space.

Electronic Arts has unveiled James Bond 007: NightFire, its upcoming action game featuring the famous secret agent. The game will include an all-new storyline written exclusively for the game that borrows from more than 40 years of 007 stories. Players will assume the role of Bond as they try to stop Rafael Drake, an evil criminal mastermind who is trying to take over the world.
The adventure will take players to more than 10 exotic locations including the Austrian Alps, the far reaches of outer space, and the depths of the South Pacific. The game's missions will feature huge 3D environments, and they will challenge players to choose the best way to accomplish their objectives--through sheer firepower, using high-tech gadgets, or sneaking their way past enemies. Players will experience the game primarily through a first-person perspective, but the game will switch to a dynamic third-person perspective during some certain game sequences or heroic actions.

James Bond 007: NightFire is in development for the PC, Sony PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube, and the Microsoft Xbox, and it is scheduled for release in late 2002. The console versions, which are in development at Eurocom Entertainment Software, will include special driving levels created by the Need for Speed development team that feature exotic vehicles such as the Aston Martin Vanquish equipped with weapons and gadgets. The PC version of the game, in development at Gearbox Software, will include exclusive single-player levels and multiplayer support

From Gamespot

faceoff508
05-09-2002, 05:16 PM
Before DZNUtz yells at me, I know that there was a small thread called New Bond Game! But htis takes it a step further and tells what it will be about!

DZNUTZ
05-09-2002, 05:26 PM
if it wasn't for oxm hyping this title...i would totally brush it off.

the james bond franchise can't ride goldeneyes tailcoats forever.

l Maximus l
05-09-2002, 05:27 PM
I agree with DZNUTZ...I really wish RARE made this game and not EA :(

Xtopia
05-10-2002, 04:32 PM
I agree. I probably won't even rent the new 007 game. I was very dissapointed w/agent uder fire.

MixMasta
05-11-2002, 03:41 PM
i hope this is better than auf

Alien
05-12-2002, 08:38 AM
How come most James Bond stuff is a Evil guy trying to take over the world or deystroy it or something that is really important?

GRAVEDIGGER
05-12-2002, 10:58 PM
Curses...i wish RARE would somehow regain the 007 License!
And as many others i doubt that i'll even put another EA 007 game in my precious XBOX.

Untill next time...:mad:

studepaber
05-13-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER

And as many others i doubt that i'll even put another EA 007 game in my precious XBOX.

EA's concept of a good FPS bewilders me, can you say major control issues?????

RadRider
05-18-2002, 10:27 AM
Except for Lord of the Rings, I probably won't ever put an EA game in my Xbox. Eww, EA.

I heard that Agent Under Fire was a terrible game; I heard this from my PS2 owning brother - after he played it on the system the game was made for! Good thing I didn't rent it after all. I doubt Nightfall will be any different. EA are just publishing whores. They take a name, then grind it into the dirt with crappy games.

X-Ray
05-19-2002, 01:55 AM
Another great title from EA :rolleyes:

My wishlist:

1. Rare goes multi-platform (if it isn't already) or better yet X-Box second party

2. Rare purchase James Bond license

3. EA goes out of business.

Xtopia
05-19-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by X-Ray
Another great title from EA :rolleyes:

My wishlist:

1. Rare goes multi-platform (if it isn't already) or better yet X-Box second party

2. Rare purchase James Bond license

3. EA goes out of business.

Why do you want EA to go out of business? Their Bond games suck, but they also publish the MOH series (all great games) and they are working on Battlefield 1942, a soon to be system seller.
Also, EA sets records for the amount of copies of sports games they sell, and thus they are very important to the XBoxes success!

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia

Why do you want EA to go out of business? Their Bond games suck, but they also publish the MOH series (all great games) and they are working on Battlefield 1942, a soon to be system seller.
Also, EA sets records for the amount of copies of sports games they sell, and thus they are very important to the XBoxes success!

I want EA to go out of business because when they do (which will NEVER happen) the rights to games like MOH and Battlefield 1942 will be sold to competent corps--Like M$. Plus I hear a rumor that EA won't even make their games for X-Box on-line compatible. I don't know the truth of this rumor but if it is true than that's one more reason to hate EA.