PDA

View Full Version : Let's hope this is a gross exaggeration...

preetz16
05-09-2002, 06:40 PM
It looks like everyone over at morrowind.com forums (our PC friends who have the game), seem to think that the game is horribly unbalanced. They say it's too easy to do everything, I hope this is not really true and they're just complaining because they haven't played long enough to uncover new harder quests, but still a lot of people seem to think it. Of coarse this won't effect my decision at all, I'll keep my preorder thank you! And, just as I thought, enchant is an AWESOME skill. Some say it's like a thermo nuclear warhead...

RadRider
05-11-2002, 10:50 AM
That's exactly what I think! The game does seem very easy. But, that's not always the case. For instance, I dropped into this sewer in Vivec and saw an Orc. I went over to talk to him, but it turned out he was a foe, so I killed him right there. I entered the door he was guarding and an Orc necromancer and Orc warrior awaited me inside. It took me a good 4 or 5 tries (fight until I'm almost dead, exit room and heal, come back in then repeat) before I finally killed the pair. So then I took all of their goods, sold them upstairs, came back and stole some jewels around the altar only to have a necromancer appear and fight me.
And that's not the only case where that's happened. If you don't stick rigidly to quests that are handed to you, you'll often wander into a crypt with enemies that are several levels higher than you, or an Area that's the same way. These experiences, though really trying, are an excellent way to gain levels fast, and to develop a type of strategy for tomb-raiding.

Although the game does "seem" very easy, I think it's just an impression. And that impression didn't stop me from playing the game for a week straight!

ShannonX
05-11-2002, 12:03 PM
i dont think it beeing "easy" will deter me from accepting my preorder. Its definately going to be added to my very small library of games.

csoldier
05-11-2002, 01:47 PM
I agree- I don't care if it is easy, I'll keep my pre-order, too & add it to the measley 7 xbox games I own. besides I have two jobs & don't have unlimited hours to burn. Morrowind should keep me occupied until Project Ego comes out in any case.

Anonymous
05-14-2002, 06:39 PM
It all depends on the class you play and how you play the game.

I have the PC version (broke down and bought it). I made a custom redguard fighter. I find the game extremely easy. At level 6th, I was killing Daedric lords. At level 8, I had full suit of ebony armor. At level 14, I cleared out the entire last dungeon.

I have heard pure thief classes and caster classes having a hell of a time though.

The game is very combat orientated. You can do alot without fighting (bribing, stealing, sneaking etc), but it's tougher than just wailing on enemies with a powerful weapon and great suit of armor.

Calve
05-14-2002, 09:05 PM
**** man!!!!

this was my most anticipated game until i read reviews and got feedback from gamers!!! ill keep my pre-order but if i dont like the game im takin it back for hunter

peace

preetz16
05-14-2002, 09:16 PM
My thought is this: If you've ever played any of the old-fasion pen & paper roleplaying games, expect Morrowind to be a very entertaining, extremely fun game. If you're looking for a game in which you only care about leveling and long, drawn-out dungeon crawls, Morrowind will only keep you happy for about 40 hours. But if you actually PLAY they game....explore, learn, aquire, and experiment it will be a great experiance.

There are a couple simple things that you can do to make the game challenging. Go to the official morrowind forums for a complete list, but one of the major things was: Don't pay for training at the guilds! They increase you stats FAR too fast.

But the main thing that determines your experiance in the game is what you want to play the game like...I think people complaining og the easiness are those who know nothing about *true* RPGs.

frog11983
05-15-2002, 12:25 AM
I don't care! I just want the dang thing to come out!

Anonymous
05-17-2002, 12:32 PM
I've played D&D 2ed, Shadowrun, and Battletech for 3 years. I've been playing and DMing D&D 3ed since it's release. I've been playing CRPG since 1987. I think I know "RPGs". I've also participated in LARP and the SCA.

Role-playing in Morrowind and how EASY it is has NOTHING to do with each other. I've died only a handful of times. What am I supposed to do, stop clicking on the mouse button to let the monster get free hits? HOW is that role-playing???

Originally posted by preetz16
My thought is this: If you've ever played any of the old-fasion pen & paper roleplaying games, expect Morrowind to be a very entertaining, extremely fun game. If you're looking for a game in which you only care about leveling and long, drawn-out dungeon crawls, Morrowind will only keep you happy for about 40 hours. But if you actually PLAY they game....explore, learn, aquire, and experiment it will be a great experiance.

There are a couple simple things that you can do to make the game challenging. Go to the official morrowind forums for a complete list, but one of the major things was: Don't pay for training at the guilds! They increase you stats FAR too fast.

But the main thing that determines your experiance in the game is what you want to play the game like...I think people complaining og the easiness are those who know nothing about *true* RPGs.

RadRider
05-17-2002, 04:11 PM
Wander around the map more. If you walk around Red Mountain, and the far reaches of the map (the north and east regions), then you should encounter enemies that are tougher. I think it's fairly easy so far, but that's just a general impression. Most of the monsters I fight are easy, but I run into orcs here and there that really kick my ass several times before I can beat them. Just wander around more and find a challenging area, or download some addons.

Anonymous
05-17-2002, 06:11 PM
Oh, I'm not in a hurry to finish the game. At level 14, I cleaned out the entire Red Mountain region including all the dungeons. The only person I left alive is Dagoth Ur, and to actually finish the main quest.

Oh, and I have NOT done a single mod to the game.

RadRider
05-18-2002, 11:26 PM
You should try some mods. Tell me what they're like. :)
Have you actually seen Dagoth Ur? Dude seems freaky in the art handbook I got. The Ash zombies are creepy in game too, but I think they'd be creepier if they had light shining out of that gaping hole in their heads - like in the art handbook. :)

X-Ray
05-19-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by preetz16
It looks like everyone over at morrowind.com forums (our PC friends who have the game), seem to think that the game is horribly unbalanced. They say it's too easy to do everything, I hope this is not really true and they're just complaining because they haven't played long enough to uncover new harder quests, but still a lot of people seem to think it. Of coarse this won't effect my decision at all, I'll keep my preorder thank you! And, just as I thought, enchant is an AWESOME skill. Some say it's like a thermo nuclear warhead...

If there is a problem it will be fixed in the PC's patch. We won't get patches and that's why they're fixing it now for the X-Box.