PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happend to Phantasy Star Online for XBOX?

HaVoK
05-09-2002, 09:07 PM
...anyone got some info? I had heard it was comming to GC and XB now I just hear about it for GC...whats up with that?

Plewis
05-09-2002, 09:11 PM
i was really looking forward to this title till I heard it was coming out on xbox like a YEAR after it comes out on GCN:mad: I wouldnt hold my breath on this title for chance you would suffocate before it comes out

HaVoK
05-09-2002, 09:15 PM
I really hope it comes out some time in the future...... Phantasy star online was fun ad hell on the dreamcast

aneep
05-10-2002, 12:03 AM
PSO for Xbox will be released after the GC version is released in summer (this is for Japan)

this is because Yuji Naka publicly promised in a press conference in Korea(at the launch of PSO for PC there) that he will release the GC version 1st

i'm under the impression PSO for Xbox won't be an XboxLive launch title

but i don't think we have anything to worry about, i'm sure Sega have several more online games ready at that time

and longer development times for PSO XB = more features (areas, characters, items, etc)

-aneep-

Dilr0y
05-10-2002, 12:13 AM
Do you think you could be a kind gentleman and post the URL where it says that it is coming to Xbox? Thanks. :D

aneep
05-10-2002, 12:25 AM
do i have to?

i mean
the game is in the preview section of every xbox sites

it was announced at TGS last year (or was it last 2 year?) along with Shenmue 2 for Xbox

the Yuji Naka promise was early this year, personally i think Nintendo pressured them to do that because they want game to launch with their online plans in summer

in an interview at CVG, Yuji Naka have said that they have to delay the GC version (and this of course also means the Xbox version since he made that promise) because Nintendo didn't want to release their modem earlier

and because they have nothing to do during the delay, they decided to add more features to the GC and Xbox version (GC version had new levels, new enemies, etc)

thanks to Virtuoso for pointing out the interview for me :)

-aneep-

Dilr0y
05-10-2002, 02:40 AM
Okay, thank you. That was good enough. :)

OEM Alien
05-10-2002, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by HaVoK
I really hope it comes out some time in the future...... Phantasy star online was fun ad hell on the dreamcast i agree, that game was baddass, on dc! looked even better than a pc game with a vga adapter / monitor.