PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates made 3.3 billion dollars off the economies 300 Point boost YESTERDAY!!

DouXXX
05-09-2002, 09:48 PM
holy cat poop!! :eek: :eek: i was having a chit chat w/ a professor @ emory U about business. I told him bout the xbox price cut possibility in USA. He was like well it seems to me MS wants to lose money. Also it's intentional.. so they're looking for a lawsuit. well the SEC has certain protections. if you intentionally drop prices at risk of your own money and it attracts alot of people. SEC's going to come after your ass for that. There are laws that protects other business from being eliminated so fast. Walmart did this a couple months ago.. They made washers so cheap at the expense of their money and they got the SEC after their ass. Walmart had to pay a certain percentage of their profits to the competiters!! that fricking sucks man!!!

that's all i have to say

XBOX ownz j0000000000!!!

jvpunk21
05-09-2002, 10:00 PM
Otherwise known as predatory pricing. Microsoft already is in trouble for that same idea for giving internet explorer away with windows. You cannot get in trouble for that unless they can prove your intent is to put others out of business. That is a hard thing to do.

OEM Alien
05-09-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by jvpunk21
Otherwise known as predatory pricing. Microsoft already is in trouble for that same idea for giving internet explorer away with windows. You cannot get in trouble for that unless they can prove your intent is to put others out of business. That is a hard thing to do. that's the biggest buch of poop ever! people trying to say that the browser "should not" be part of a windows packaged os. i mean, wtf are you supposed to use to get you online when you get youre pc up and online?? how can you be online with no browser?!
ei explorer is the best anyways, i wouldn't want that nutscape crapigator anyways, i downloaded it once and it changed all the icons in my system to little boat steering wheels. I WILL NEVER USE IT AGAIN!
screw the clintons lawsuit!!!!!!!!! :mad:

MidniteArrow
05-09-2002, 11:15 PM
I think the problem with Internet Explorer was not that Microsoft ware providing it "with" the OS, it was they were providing it "Integrated" with the OS. I'm not sure on this, but I think they were also preventing Netscape from making their browser integrate with the OS. If this is what the issue was, then it would be sort of like Ford making a car with wheels that GoodYear could not make tires for - and then making their own Tires - and making you buy them with the car - and not letting GoodYear engineer a tire that would fit on the car. One of the concepts in our country is the concept of fair competition in business. We, as the end consumers, benefit from this. Microsoft putting Netscape out of business is not a good thing for the end consumer - competition drives invention.

This is just my random, stream of consciousness rambling, but it makes sense to me.

LynxFX
05-10-2002, 12:47 AM
Integrating the browser into the OS was the best innovation MS has done to date. Plus since IE3, Netscape has been going downhill. Now if IE as it stands today sucked and it was integrated then there would be reason to get ****ed. Otherwise I'm all for 'instant' browser access from any spot I am at in my computer.

I don't think anyone will be after MS with lawsuits because of the pricedrop. They are staying competitive and matching what Nintendo already is at, and what the PS2 is going to. There is nothing wrong with that.