PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 at E3- BS?

Veno
05-10-2002, 11:58 AM
True or False? Worth 10 points. Get it wrong and fail the quiz and flunk out of highschool.

l Maximus l
05-10-2002, 12:00 PM
I believe that Halo 2 will be announced at E3 and won't arrive until the days marching up to this Christmas :)

Do I get extra credit if I'm right? :D

JJaX
05-10-2002, 12:02 PM
An annoucment is better then nothing!

Veno
05-10-2002, 12:03 PM
Mr. Maximus, I wanted an answer, not an opinion. Now write me an essay why it's important not to give false answers or childish opinions. :(

DZNUTZ
05-10-2002, 12:05 PM
k..i'm guessing it will be released on jan 1 of 2003....i eXpect 1.00 sent to me from every xba ..if i guess the date correct.

l Maximus l
05-10-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Veno
Mr. Maximus, I wanted an answer, not an opinion. Now write me an essay why it's important not to give false answers or childish opinions. :(

That came across a little too direct, therefore, let me pick your statement apart :D

You stated "Mr. Maximus, I wanted an answer, not an opinion."

My reaction: First, it's "Sir Maximus" and show me in your original statement that you wanted an answer. Also, does a legitimate answer exist? Short answer: no. But, to even go deeper, my reply was not an opinion...it was a prediction. Let's get your terminology straight.

Then you stated "Now write me an essay why it's important not to give false answers or childish opinions."

My reaction: First, you need to work on your grammar. For someone requesting an essay, I would hope that you could write a sentence that sounds a little more complete. The sentence should have said "Now, write me an essay ON why it's important not to give false answers or childish opinions." (emphasis mine...also, notice the comma after the word "Now".

Another reaction of the second sentence: For what legitimate reason can you request an essay? Also, to clarify my "false answers or childish opinions", once again, I gave a prediction, therefore, you have no idea what you are talking about.

;)

Veno
05-10-2002, 12:16 PM
I've failed you, Sir Maximus :rolleyes:

l Maximus l
05-10-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Veno
I've failed you, Sir Maximus :rolleyes:

hehe...Sweet! :D

**Max inserts another Exlax into the teacher's coffee and sneaks away**

Dre
05-10-2002, 12:33 PM
lol, what the heck is this thread about?? Veno's a teacher, Max is picking apart english sentences and my bro Jjax makes me think of the kid in the back of class :)

Anyhoo..a prequel to Halo would be cool to have. Find out where the master chief comes from and all that stuff. No flood only convenant I suppose, but if they introduced new covenant species it could be really cool. One thing I wish they had in Halo was one or two super kickass huge monsters.. I dunno why but I love the feeling I get when I pump a monster 5 times my size full of lead.

On a sidenote: I saw for the first-time yesterday a Hunter standing up straight.. those guys are REALLY tall! To bad they never stand up once they've seen you.. it would be awesome to see that thing running towards you...

DZNUTZ
05-10-2002, 12:33 PM
i'm serious about that dollar everybody!!

Dre
05-10-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
i'm serious about that dollar everybody!!

I just sent the check in the mail ;)

Anyhoo.. I think this is my 500th post! W00T!

I'm also happy because its friday and in 30 minutes the company I work for [www.meriton.com] is cracking open the traditional "4h30 friday beer keg"!

I'm actually a coop student doing my last term here, and second time with this company.. hopefully this will lead to a job when I graduate from computer engineering in december.

Dilr0y
05-11-2002, 02:02 AM
Well, I am rather confident that the game will be brought up. But, if they are going to have anything playable there? Most likely not. I heard that they are going to have an extensive online version play too, which would own. Who knows, but I myself cannot wait 'til E3!

Figment
05-11-2002, 06:27 PM
Dre,

Have you read the book "Halo: The Fall of Reach" by Eric Nylund? It is all about the beginning of the SPARTAN II project and leaves off right at the beginning of Halo: Combat Evolved. That book is pretty sweet, it is a must read for any halo fan.

Splinter
05-11-2002, 06:39 PM
Halo 2 will be at E3. BCD though.

Dre
05-12-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Figment
Dre,

Have you read the book "Halo: The Fall of Reach" by Eric Nylund? It is all about the beginning of the SPARTAN II project and leaves off right at the beginning of Halo: Combat Evolved. That book is pretty sweet, it is a must read for any halo fan.

No I haven't read it. I'm kind of hesitant to purchase a book based on a videogame. I heard good things from younger gamers about the book, but the older ones warned me to stay away from it.

CALzinger
05-12-2002, 11:14 AM
Halo 2 at E3? i doubt it, they will probably announce somethign about it, but not even be out till next summer of 2003