PDA

View Full Version : NTSC to PAL Converter Question

MOlsen
05-10-2002, 01:37 PM
OK folks, I have a question. I have a nice, pampered American purchased Xbox. It is my understanding that it outputs signal that is compatable with American TV's, which I guess is called NTSC. The problem is, I'm going to be going on vacation to the Philippines. Most TV's in the Philippines I suspect are imported from Japan, which I think is PAL. Naturally, I would like to take my Xbox with me, and play games on the TV's that I encounter.

I *think* that I will need a NTSC to PAL converter, but I'm not sure. Can anybody point me toward a vendor or information? Perhaps if I just understood the difference a little better, I could ask an intelligent question of Philippine TV vendors, to help solve the problem. Thanks!

Dre
05-10-2002, 01:45 PM
Check this (http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/news.php?artc=2489) out. Hope it helps.

Afro Aura
05-11-2002, 07:34 AM
well MOIsen I'm not quite sure where your from, I've got myself an imported US XBOX and I have no problem with my TV what you really need to know is if the TV has an NTSC input/output mostly this is through a scart socket at the back of a TV, I think now all new TVs over here have 2 scart sockets if the TV does not take a NTSC signal the picture will be black and white you'll also need a step-down to regulate the voltage from US to UK

Hugh_Jass
05-11-2002, 10:42 PM
Japan uses NTSC.