PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft deal of the Century

ddr-9
01-09-2001, 08:43 AM
Man.

ok. let's take a look at the marketing for Microsoft.

If Microsoft could put $500 Millions in Marketing, (for a console of $250 US Starting by exemple), why they don't give us 2 Millions Console for Free (2 Millions x $250 = $500 Millions). ????????????

This could be "the marketing of the Century".. Just think about it, 2 Millions consoles for free in store!!! Each Person pre-order the console, and they give 2 Millions for free in random!!!!!!!

Man, everybody would be in the street, the store would be FULL **** TV, Media, everybody would talk about the XBOX!!!!!

Think about it.

500 Millions for marketing? Or 500 Millions for 2 Millions free console?

DDR-9
dark_sahuagin@yahoo.com
Marketing Supervisor
txb2k1

Underdog
01-09-2001, 10:30 AM
That's a hell of an idea! I like the way you think, ddr-9!

Sham365
01-09-2001, 11:09 AM
Hell yeah!

But then again - how do you expect Microsoft to publicize that they are giving away the Xboxs? That would be marketing.

Tom
01-09-2001, 03:41 PM
the whole advertising/sales thing has always been out of proportion if you ask me. ;) I used to work in the retail industry, and was often confused at the whole spending 100 million dollars of advertising to sell 100 million dollars of product. (Which, is generally the case, believe it or not.) But, most companies (especially game manufacturers) rely on that "hit" or "hot" item, to market for 100 million dollars and sell 900 million in product. But hey, I'm all with the idea for something free! Although, nothing ever is! (Except for the wonderfull plastic toys in cracker jacks, and hey, one day those things could save your life!)