PDA

View Full Version : morrowind delayed to june 11?!

Spaztic
05-10-2002, 03:00 PM
got this from txb forums
some kid got the game preordered from wal-mart and he got a notice that the game was pushed back to june 11, anyone know anything about this? To be honest I wouldn't be suprised. The game from what a heard is kinda buggy! Image that, from the same people that made daggerfall the most buggy rpg to date!

Customer Service at Walmart.com
http://www.walmart.com

============================================================
You ordered this on : 19 FEB 2002 11:35 AM
Your order number is: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

DESCRIPTION
------------------------------------------------------
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Xbox
Original release date : 16 MAY 2002
New release date : 11 JUN 2002
Selected Shipping Method : Standard

We apologize for any inconveniences this delay may cause.

Here's how you can cancel your order:
1. Go to www.walmart.com and click "Your Account."
2. Sign in using your email address and your Walmart.com
password.
3. Click "Purchase History." Find the number of the
order you want to cancel and click "View Order
Details" for that order.
4. When your order details are displayed, click "Cancel."

These items can be cancelled online if you're a Registered
Walmart.com customer. If you didn't register, the remaining
Items can be cancelled by contact Customer Service.
======================================================================

OppiumNitrates
05-10-2002, 03:03 PM
no thats ****in bull****. . .i already waited long enough maybe its just walmart. . .

l Maximus l
05-10-2002, 03:08 PM
Oh man...if Morrowind gets delayed again until June 11th, this forum will be irate! lol

Sorry for laughing, but, you heard it here first and it's definately going to be heated around here!!! :eek:

Plewis
05-10-2002, 03:10 PM
yes oppium if you really want it it must come out:rolleyes:

Dre
05-10-2002, 03:11 PM
Yes.. this really sucks. If its true, I think Xbox will lose ALOT more customers for this. I'll buy Hunter on the 21st or 22nd or whenever its coming and Morrowind I guess will wait. I've got a comp. more than capable of handling it and I don't find it fair that I have to wait while PC users are "beta-testing" for me.

If they are worried about the game being too buggy, I am very happy that they are holding it because I believe this title deserves to stay in-shop as long as it takes. But I want to play it damn it! And for a long time the developers had been stating a simultaneous Xbox and PC release. Now the initial delay of a few weeks was ok, since thats supposedly due to MS QA. But to have to wait till June 11th is more than 6 weeks difference between both releases. Not all that simultaneous if you ask me.

I wish Bethesda would make a statement regarding the Xbox version.. I'm sick of waiting and basing my opinions on release dates from EB.com and crap like that.

l Maximus l
05-10-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Yes.. this really sucks. If its true, I think Xbox will lose ALOT more customers for this. I'll buy Hunter on the 21st or 22nd or whenever its coming and Morrowind I guess will wait. I've got a comp. more than capable of handling it and I don't find it fair that I have to wait while PC users are "beta-testing" for me.

If they are worried about the game being too buggy, I am very happy that they are holding it because I believe this title deserves to stay in-shop as long as it takes. But I want to play it damn it! And for a long time the developers had been stating a simultaneous Xbox and PC release. Now the initial delay of a few weeks was ok, since thats supposedly due to MS QA. But to have to wait till June 11th is more than 6 weeks difference between both releases. Not all that simultaneous if you ask me.

I wish Bethesda would make a statement regarding the Xbox version.. I'm sick of waiting and basing my opinions on release dates from EB.com and crap like that.

lol, dude...just be patient. You, of all people, know that delays are just part of the industry :) Just keep cool, dude...like DZNUTZ always states: Better things happen for those who wait :D

Spaztic
05-10-2002, 03:19 PM
dudes go out to the morrowind forum....if they did push it back I definatly know why. It is filled with bugs, NPC's getting stuck to were you can't finish missions, Npc's using the wrong name of people you are supposed to talk to and when you do find the right person nothing happens. This delay, if it is true, is probably a good thing. Don't feel to bad, I honestly could say I was expecting this from morrowind. I hope they take there time and realease a quality game w/o bugs to the xbox! Anyway to get you all off the possible bad news here is a link of awsome things that people encountered while playing this game.....It was pretty cool, check it out!

Cool things in Morrowind (http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=380132&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=)

DZNUTZ
05-10-2002, 03:19 PM
yea..and i better be right max....cuz i'm not gonna settle for an ok t.v.

i've decided to wait till i can afford the biggest baddest t.v. around ( or realalisticly).

Dukefan22
05-10-2002, 03:21 PM
I think it might just be Wal-Mart. I don't know about other people, but I do know that the Wal-Mart's around me get things late, like 1-2 weeks after they are released. I'll wait till I get my email from EBgames until I start complaining

Dre
05-10-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
yea..and i better be right max....cuz i'm not gonna settle for an ok t.v.

i've decided to wait till i can afford the biggest baddest t.v. around ( or realalisticly).

Check out the Sony XBR's. They are "affordable".. but I guess thats all relative to where you are coming from and IMHO have amazing picture quality. Very nice tvs.. I am probably going to be picking myself up this model Sony XBR 40" KV-40XBR700 when I finally graduate.

JJaX
05-10-2002, 03:24 PM
*JJaX Sprints into traffic...........

OppiumNitrates
05-10-2002, 03:57 PM
i was talkin posting in the elder scrolls fourms for some answers
click the link

Morrowind thread (http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=388510&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=)

looks like worse then we thought

ebgames.com does say 5/20

SkoalMint
05-10-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Dukefan22
I think it might just be Wal-Mart. I don't know about other people, but I do know that the Wal-Mart's around me get things late, like 1-2 weeks after they are released. I'll wait till I get my email from EBgames until I start complaining

I hope you're right. I have the same problems with my Wal-Mart. I guess we will just have to see.

*SkoalMint afraid to check his e-mail hoping there is nothing from EB....

l Maximus l
05-10-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
i was talkin posting in the elder scrolls fourms for some answers
click the link

Morrowind thread (http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=388510&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=)

looks like worse then we thought

ebgames.com does say 5/20

Interesting thread that you posted from the Elderscrolls forum. I think they make a great point, EB games is extremely reliable and Walmart is pretty notorius for being late. So, I guess we'll see :)

monkeyman
05-10-2002, 04:56 PM
it could just be that store cause this shopko by me hasnt even got their ps2 yet

Spaztic
05-10-2002, 05:04 PM
I have no idea, but if this game has bugs and they push is out the door to make all you stop *****ing I am going to be ****ed. From what I heard it has a few glitches that should be fixed and if the game gets pushed back to fix them.....that is a good thing! Simmer down people its all going to be good! Remember what happened last time a game got pushed back a few times and finally seemed like it got release prematurely....we got WWF RAW!

xbaaddict
05-10-2002, 05:36 PM
*swears for 10 minutes*(takes a deep breath) "ok" *swears for another 10 minutes*

E-Xbox
05-10-2002, 07:44 PM
this sux ass!!!!!

peace

Marc
05-11-2002, 05:18 AM
The gamestop I went to today had the release of Morrowind as May 24.

OEM Alien
05-11-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Dre

I wish Bethesda would make a statement regarding the Xbox version.. I'm sick of waiting and basing my opinions on release dates from EB.com and crap like that. hehe, i don't care either way. i think both morrowind and hunter are going to suck. (morrowind for pc is cool though). anyways, i'm getting WSB2K3 instead of those other 2 piece of trash games.

Dukefan22
05-11-2002, 09:57 AM
What the hell is the difference between Morrowind on the PC, and Morrowind on the Xbox?? As far as talking with the devs in the Morrowind IRC room, there is no difference besides the editor and slightly improved graphics with the best GeForce 4 card out there. So how can you say Morrowind on the Xbox is gonna suck and on the PC it's cool? And if you say the editor makes one version cool over another, I'll get a nice chuckle out of that.

Dre
05-11-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by OEM Alien
hehe, i don't care either way. i think both morrowind and hunter are going to suck. (morrowind for pc is cool though). anyways, i'm getting WSB2K3 instead of those other 2 piece of trash games.

ummm... ok?

xbaaddict
05-11-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by OEM Alien
hehe, i don't care either way. i think both morrowind and hunter are going to suck. (morrowind for pc is cool though). anyways, i'm getting WSB2K3 instead of those other 2 piece of trash games.

Then you go do that...i actually think trash is cool if you think we should refer to it in that manner, you could always just say games.

Morrowind at my local software etc. was put back untill May 24th 2004. I don't care how long it takes as long as they get the bugs out you know what i mean i dont want to have to be like the pc gamers were you have to download damn patches all the time.

Woocifer
05-11-2002, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I'm not knockin the game because I'm waiting for it too...but this wave of pushbacks is making me a little anxious so I think what I'll do is just transfer my order to Hunter and then see how Morrowind is when it comes out.

If there aren't any severe probs then I will get it...otherwise I'll just wait till I get a GeForce 4mx I'm gettin for free hehe :)

Highlite23
05-11-2002, 10:47 AM
I would rather have the PC guys be the gunee pigs. Let them get it right for us, thats fine with me.:D

chili325
05-11-2002, 11:22 AM
Amazon is the official xbox sales sight and they still have it down as the 20th. Im going by them and hopefully they r right.

CoMATOSE
05-11-2002, 11:30 AM
hay u think u got it bad......we in europe will have to wait even longer:(

Xtopia
05-11-2002, 11:39 AM
hay u think u got it bad......we in europe will have to wait even longer

How long do you guys have to wait?

CoMATOSE
05-11-2002, 11:40 AM
not sure really....but it will definatly be after u get it

frog11983
05-11-2002, 12:42 PM
I don't really mind the few extra days to wait, I would rather have a smooth playing Morrowind than a buggy one... Take your time Bethesda! But kinda hurry, heh heh.......

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-11-2002, 04:38 PM
they are smart people!

datalink7
05-11-2002, 04:42 PM
Might just have to get it for the PC anyway...

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-11-2002, 04:43 PM
wait u might be stunned!

Dukefan22
05-11-2002, 09:41 PM
Europe gets the Xbox version in August I believe and the PC version pretty soon actually.

Hugh_Jass
05-11-2002, 11:27 PM
I called it!

01-28-2002 12:36 PM

They told me it wouldn't be out until March. I think that is optimistic. I bet we won't see it until June.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6032&highlight=elder+and+june