PDA

View Full Version : Stealth games for the xbox?

Fanobills
05-10-2002, 05:36 PM
Does any one know if there are any Stealth games coming to the Xbox anytime soon? I would love to see a tenchu title, and an MGS title. But if the Xbox really wants to conquer the Genre, they'd get a hold of Lucas Arts, and make a stealth based game in the star wars universe where one can assume the role of Boba Fett, who must use stealth time and time again to capture people.

Just my opinion.

Also, if they make a halo part two, they need to include a jetpack for the Master Chief so that he can fly for a limited amount of time, and he should be able to fly as fast or faster then a banshee. Xbox would surely dominate then.

wulff
05-10-2002, 07:53 PM
No man the only true stealth game we need is Thief3.
The thief series is among the best out there.It's too bad looking glass studios went for a ****.
I did hear that Eidos has the rights to the thief series because of publishers license.
BUT it was the looking glass studios innovation on these games.

Virtuoso
05-11-2002, 01:00 AM
You are in luck.............. many games coming are a mix of genres, a blur of the deviding lines of what games are. A little action mixed with adventure, exploration, puzzle solving, and RPG sprinkled in.

As for "Stealth"........... Well MGS2 the real king of stealth will be coming to XBOX in a XBOX enhanced version. But better yet..............the Offspring of MGS are coming. Duality, Strident, Matrix, all cyberpunk games are promising alot of stealth. Splintercell is another, Ninja gaiden too promises to be full of Stealth. Not yet announced but everyone shall soon hear quite alot about this title.

Brute force too promises tons of Stealth as an option with your squad of 4. And well I can assure you many more of the true next gen titles will have some form of stealth, as it is just another great addition to the overall gameplay aspects of all games. Games will give options of all out action or stealth, more open-ended gameplay and choices is where it's at.

As for Star wars Kotor the upcoming RPG act title will have loads of stealth, I have seen real time video of in game action and have seen tons of stealth that went hand in hand with the action, oh yes stealth is a hot thing these days now that the power of consoles allow more options for the dev's.

By the time E3 hits you will see that Stealth will be one of the hot topics. With the much higher leve;l of A.I. and in game scripting the games will be much more open to all options, one of them being stealth.

:) ;)