PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman...What do you think???

Tigerbob4
05-10-2002, 08:39 PM
I just rented spiderman i have beaten the first levels. 30 minutes. THe 3rd level is hard but ill beat it. Anyway, i think the graphics are really great, and ya the controling is hard but not as bad as some people made it sound. The only thing i would improve on are the sound bites. Because i dont play that many 1 player games i think this is defientely the best one i have played and seen on xbox. For people who have gotten far in spiderman, i need to know if this game is worth buying. I cant decide. Thanks
Tiger
P.S. What are your opinions on the game:) :p :eek: ;)

DIGITAL
05-10-2002, 09:22 PM
i bought the game after i rented it even though my little brother beat it during the time we rented it.i still havent beaten it yet.i think the games amazing i love the lighting effects!an the sound kicks ass in dolby digital surrond sound

Donaldson
05-10-2002, 09:37 PM
I rented the game and thought it was a good rental. It seemed to me to be very repetitive. It was pretty much (note that I said pretty much and not exactly) the same thing with different backgrounds. In my opinion it didn't have too much replay value--and with dedication you could beat it in one rental. This is just my opinion.

chili325
05-10-2002, 10:01 PM
I own the game, and really enjoyed it. It isnt the longest game but the extra levels add a bit so its not to short. It depends on how much u r willing to spend on a few hours. A great game, but if uve already rented it, i would probably just rent it again and beat it.

darianX
05-11-2002, 01:44 AM
I have it too...I'm still playing it after beating it on normal difficulty. Unlock the bowling game...that's pretty funny. Give it a whirl on hero or superhero level after normal...it gets tough. I really enjoy that game quite a bit.

Dilr0y
05-11-2002, 01:56 AM
Well, I didn't play it, but I saw someone play it on a Gamecube. It looked.. rather.. ehh.. terrible. I don't know, it just didn't look any fun AT ALL. From what I saw, I wouldn't suggest it, but who knows HOW much better the Xbox version is. ^.^

HaVoK
05-11-2002, 01:59 AM
I thought it sucked.....but I'm no fan of spiderman

Dilr0y
05-11-2002, 02:05 AM
Yeah, neither am I. But ehh, what can ya do, ya know? I also heard that the movie is totally overrated.. like they thought it was going to be way better than it actually was. The movie did sell like the most box office sales in history or something. I donno, it's what I heard, and I hear a lot of things, like right now, a woman, calling my name, I must go.

(that last part was lame, but I am tired and bored.)

HaVoK
05-11-2002, 02:23 AM
yeah the movie did suck......but I'm no fan of spiderman
;)

Fya-Blaze
05-11-2002, 02:39 AM
I rented it and beat it on normal and am workin on superhero, I woulden't buy the game. Its to short and the camera angles were terrible.

makavelinkc
05-11-2002, 03:03 AM
Spiderman is cool as hell! The movie is dope and the game is
exciting with all the cool moves you can do. I hope x-box
continues in its excellence!
Peace out!

Xbox4ever
05-11-2002, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Dilr0y
Well, I didn't play it, but I saw someone play it on a Gamecube. It looked.. rather.. ehh.. terrible. I don't know, it just didn't look any fun AT ALL. From what I saw, I wouldn't suggest it, but who knows HOW much better the Xbox version is. ^.^

yea i agree

i was going to my aunts house and my little (little) cousin was playin gamecube (only little kids do) and it FOYALY SUX

Ninja Scroll
05-11-2002, 09:56 AM
I wish hte game was as good as the movie. :(

I feel the graphics and presentaion is very impressive. But the game is a little off balanced and th controls are horrible. And that's an understatement.

I bought the game the day it came out for Xbox and I have only put in a good hour and a half.
It's just not the attention getter I was hoping for.
But I need to put in more time in the game before I can completely judge it.:)

btw, You gotta love dat movie doe~!:cool:

Xtopia
05-11-2002, 11:36 AM
Well, I am glad most of you think it is a good rental, I might rent it today.:)

Tigerbob4
05-11-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by HaVoK
yeah the movie did suck......but I'm no fan of spiderman
;) I just saw the movie today and i thought it was great...i am not even a fan of spiderman...what did u think was wrong with the movie?

Anthony4sho
05-12-2002, 12:45 PM
Spider-Man is an awesome game but after you play for about 3 and a half hours straight, it getz boring, so i juss stop playin and continue where i left off the next day. The controls and camera view are also very annoying.

orristur
05-12-2002, 12:52 PM
Yeah, the game has no replay value, I rented it and beat it the first day I had it, so sadly it just sat there until I had to take it in. Just don't bother . . . .

-Will

darianX
05-13-2002, 12:29 AM
Boy it must be nice to sit and play through a game in one day. Oh to be a teenager again...sigh....

xtr0n187
05-13-2002, 06:05 AM
I like to pack my bong full of chronic and then take a few tokes and emerge myself into this game. I mean, how else could i web sling across lower manhattan and hear my spider sense tingling?

This game is the best out of the other 2 activision spidey games IMO. And the Movie rocked ..

The aerial combat sequences i enjoyed alot....it was like the comic story boards the motions and didnt miss a beat..

Its a Great rental a good buy and high on the fun-o-meter....If your a Webhead then pick this one up, no dissappointment here.

Until then Make mine Xbox!

Excelsior!

RadRider
05-18-2002, 10:18 AM
I've just gotta say that the movie was absolutely stunning. I thought it'd only be decent, with lots of liberties taken with the spiderman story, but they stayed far closer to the actual story than I'd have ever hoped for. The actors do an excellent job of portraying the comic book heroes. It's truly like watch a live-action version of the comic. Only, it's of a very high production value. This is easily the greatest movie I've seen this year. I'm soo going to buy it on DVD once it comes out.

Now, about the game. I've got the game for PC, but I never play it. The controls on PC are ridiculously bad, but the gameplay still remains fun for some reason. I'm almost at the first boss, but I haven't actually played him yet - the reason why I haven't played the game in a while, I'm afraid to fight the boss. :(

69expertgamer69
05-22-2002, 03:36 PM
I bought the game right when it came out. I think its wicked but I hate the level when your sneaking around Oozcorp. The best parts are the web slinging levels, and the secret in level 1 is wicked. I stumbled upon it when I was just swinging around for like 30 minutes.