PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting a brown powdery substance coming from the left thumbstick on controller

guitargod711
05-10-2002, 09:22 PM
Has anybody else noticed this problem. I don't use 3rd party controllers, only microsoft licensed controllers. I also keep my controllers very clean,along with my xbox. I have 4 controllers and 2 I hardly even use and i still get the brown stuff coming out. Can you guys take a look at your controllers and see if it's happening to you? the controllers work fine, it's just weird.

DIGITAL
05-10-2002, 09:24 PM
its must likely dust,even if you dust your controllers you still get dust an dirt under the toogles

gula
05-10-2002, 09:26 PM
Well I have a white sticky substance coming from my right analog stick...PROTEIN STAINS!
Heh, not really.

But no, I never heard of this stuff going on...this is odd...

Master Gracey
05-10-2002, 09:31 PM
"Do not eat the green jello"

HaVoK
05-10-2002, 09:34 PM
it's called dead skin...

wweomaniac
05-10-2002, 10:06 PM
yep... dead skin. Just wipe it off. That crap appears on all my controllers. Comes from the natural friction of your thumb rubbing your thumbstick.

guitargod711
05-10-2002, 10:08 PM
Well, if it's dead skin, then a ghost is playing my xbox.I don't even use one of the controllers. I think it might have been used once briefly. SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKY

sinizuh
05-10-2002, 10:31 PM
i get a white powder from my tumbsticks... it's from the weardown of friction between the stick and the side of the ... chamber thingy?

wulff
05-11-2002, 02:57 AM
It's anthrax slowly being released from inside the controller.
It's, timed capsule has given out and is slowly expeling the airborne virus.
Flip controller over and see where's it's made.
Report this too your local authorities right away.

Dont eat the brown acid.

Mr Blonde
05-11-2002, 03:03 AM
One of my thumbsticks started squeaking badly so I sorta pull the stick out slightly and it made a crack noise, as if it crushed something inside. The all this dry gritty stuff came out from around the base of the stick. I'd only used it about twice, dunno if something got in there or was in there to start with. I exchanged it anyway.

stewy_gt
05-11-2002, 11:03 AM
Well the Xbox is so good that even the ghosts come out to play. Never seen any brown stuff, and I don't even try to clean my Xbox. Mind me, it won't be filled with dust.

chili325
05-11-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Motoko S9

STEP AWAY FROM THE DOA3.

:D

Thats funny, i just got it

NomadLLama
05-11-2002, 11:58 AM
it matters how much you play it, but the brown substance next to ur analog sticks is just dead skin. its there after about 4 hours of play continously. its easy to get rid of, just rub off. now if u wanna see something sick, look of the side of ur controller and there is a long crack that is the space between where the two plates (front and back). now take a nail and follow through the crack with the nail in it. you should see all of this crap on ur nail. its sweat and dead skin. its nasty. now look at a Kiosk at an electronics store and do the same. its even scarier. just make sure you wash ur hands after doing that at the kiosk.

Snoopy7548
05-11-2002, 12:46 PM
i dont know why, but i get a white, liquid substance on my controller. its sticky too, i dont know what its from. it just like appears there after i play doa3. lol:D :D

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-11-2002, 03:54 PM
c'mon guys are u guys kidding or really all that weird stuff is happening!if it is u gotta contact a priest to perform an exorcism!
p.s:dont let any of the kids in ur household go near the priest!

Snoopy7548
05-11-2002, 06:43 PM
lol, oohhhhhhh! so thats what i need to do!;)

kornavs19
05-11-2002, 07:46 PM
Well then start using the female characters.
No offense snoopy.... but that was pretty funny... lol...

MixMasta
05-11-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by stewy_gt
Well the Xbox is so good that even the ghosts come out to play. Never seen any brown stuff, and I don't even try to clean my Xbox. Mind me, it won't be filled with dust.

woa!! the xbox is a gamers and ghoulies choice!!

Hugh_Jass
05-11-2002, 11:14 PM
I suggest washing your hands after taking a dump.

OEM Alien
05-12-2002, 08:50 AM
hahaha! it's dried ass crust.

GRAVEDIGGER
05-13-2002, 07:20 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Read that sentence out loud to yourself, it's funny sounding.

:D

LoL Mokoto

CodeMonkey
05-13-2002, 07:49 PM
i wear rubber gloves while playing my xbox in a high vacumed area (i get gaming amd kinky pleasure at the same time)...when i finish a place the controller in a sealed platic bag, ready for next time....

oh the joy..

monkeyman
05-13-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey
"Do not eat the green jello"

oh ****.......

Plewis
05-13-2002, 08:58 PM

Well then start using the female characters.

OOOOH SNOOPY GOT SHUTDOWN! :D

LMAO! OMG! That is the funniest thing I have heard today... thanks moto for making my day worth it:) :D

Plewis
05-13-2002, 09:02 PM
sorry for the double post... but yeah I got that brown stuff on my analog stick. and I tried that nail in the side crack thing.... Gross:( . But I dont play my xbox for more than an hour at a time... except that one 8 hours straight of halo goodness. I think it is dead skin, but its like underneath the actual stick, where I dont put my thumb:confused:

Nerrad529
05-14-2002, 12:36 AM
Never had problems with that but my system freezes every now and then no big deal though

melon
05-14-2002, 02:44 AM
yeah i get something on my analog sticks, i don't know what the hell it is, it looks like the plastic is wearing down.....

ftyards
05-14-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by sinizuh
i get a white powder from my tumbsticks... it's from the weardown of friction between the stick and the side of the ... chamber thingy?
I get the same thing just from friction

Spaztic
05-14-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by guitargod711
Has anybody else noticed this problem. I don't use 3rd party controllers, only microsoft licensed controllers. I also keep my controllers very clean,along with my xbox. I have 4 controllers and 2 I hardly even use and i still get the brown stuff coming out. Can you guys take a look at your controllers and see if it's happening to you? the controllers work fine, it's just weird.

A person I knew had this problem....then he removed the controller from his ass. :rolleyes:

CALzinger
05-14-2002, 04:14 PM
its probably a lubricant or something so that the thumbstick moves smoothly, otherwise, the controller would be hard to move and would make noise like u had athritis in ur bones, but brown stuff? thats just wierd, i think i have it in mine, but it doesn't gush out, just stays put and steady, not gushin