PDA

View Full Version : Checkie ThIs OuTz!

DOOM
10-03-2001, 08:38 PM
Mad People try to claim that Flipper is the ultimate graphical architecture. NVidia's GPU easily outdoes Flipper, for a detailed investigation of Effective Texture Bandwidth on both platforms, read this: http://www.segatech.com/technical/consolecompare2/index.html

Dan Livingston
10-03-2001, 08:55 PM
Thanks doom, but i thougt the dvd's were 9.something GBs

Aaron
10-03-2001, 09:00 PM
Nosa, they are 8.5 gigabytes. DVD-9 Format.

Koopa
10-03-2001, 09:24 PM
:confused:

if I knew what all that techno stuff meant I'd respond...sorry:D

Heyyoudvd
10-03-2001, 10:04 PM
I didn't read most of it, but one think that really ****es me off about Microsoft is how they keep bragging about the XBox's CPU.

XBox may be better than GCN is some ways, but its CPU is not faster.

it's Pentium 3 based, whereas the Gekko (GCN's cpu) is PowerPc-based.

A 485 mhz PowerPC would absolutely destroy a 733 Mhx intel Pentium 3.

tests have shown that G3 400 mhz are faster than P3 1 gigahertz, so imagine how much faster a 485 powerPC would be than a 733 Pentium 3.

The reason for this is that Intels are CISC, while PowerPC's use RISC processors, which are a lot faster.

I don't know which system is faster overall, but the CPU alone, of the GCN is a lot faster than the XBox's CPU, and it ****es me off how Microsoft tries to show off with their higher numbers.

cvking
10-03-2001, 10:07 PM
hey i have a question to ask you...WHY ARE YOU HERE IF YOU AREN" BEHIND XBOX!!!!.....since your a gc fan why don't you go and find a forum...O wait there is no GC forums....:D

Koopa
10-03-2001, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by cvking
hey i have a question to ask you...WHY ARE YOU HERE IF YOU AREN" BEHIND XBOX!!!!.....since your a gc fan why don't you go and find a forum...O wait there is no GC forums....:D

um....

I think they're waiting for the debate forum to come up...

*looks at mods*
*nudge nudge nudge*

sinizuh
10-03-2001, 11:12 PM
so...

Gamecube = Macintosh of consoles
xbox = Winbox of consoles
ps2 = a sony trinitron Wega television (i dunno!)

heyyoudvd, i don't think it was a powerpc chip that was faster than PIII chip. it was a G4 400 that was faster than a PIII 900 (or something like that), but i know it's G4 and not powerpc.

Aaron
10-03-2001, 11:33 PM
Pftttttttt you contradicted yourself again.

of the GCN is a lot faster than the XBox's CPU, and it ****es me off how Microsoft tries to show off with their higher numbers.

wait, doesnt higher numbers mean its better....