PDA

View Full Version : XBox Problems

bluace98
05-11-2002, 11:26 AM
Hey guys, I was just wondering, does anybody else have functional problems with their Xbox. I don't know what is wrong with my Xbox, but whenever I play games they all don't work completely. Madden 2k2, keeps saying something is wrong with the disc but I went to get a new one and the same problems occur. Also on Genma, the game freezes. Have u guys experienced any of these problems, and if so, do you guys have any remedies?

Ninja Scroll
05-11-2002, 11:33 AM
Hmmmm, one post complaints?
Sounds to me liked a Sony undercover MS hater!

Hell naw aint nobody having those d@mn problems with our Xbox's.
Dont get us confused with your old ass dated PoS2!:rolleyes:

CoMATOSE
05-11-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

hehe....it IS highly suspicous isn't it......... if ur really got issues contact microsoft or ask ur ps2 buddies:rolleyes:

Dilr0y
05-11-2002, 04:40 PM
PoS2, not bad. But yeah, go away you Anit-Microsoft person!

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-11-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by bluace98
Hey guys, I was just wondering, does anybody else have functional problems with their Xbox. I don't know what is wrong with my Xbox, but whenever I play games they all don't work completely. Madden 2k2, keeps saying something is wrong with the disc but I went to get a new one and the same problems occur. Also on Genma, the game freezes. Have u guys experienced any of these problems, and if so, do you guys have any remedies?
Die Ps2 Fanboy!

xbrion
05-11-2002, 05:12 PM
well dudes, when i bought halo and jet set my xbox didn´t have any problem, but when i adquired project gotham racing sometimes it saids it isn´t a "xbox" cd, so i check the diisk and it doesnt have any scratch and its very clean, that has happen 2 times in a week, and one time i only select a song from the music manager ("the way you like it" - EDEMA), i selected the radio option and tuned the "digital fm" station and at the beginning the radio guy spoke and then the song (the EDEMA one) was the the only 1 being played. So in a certain way the xbox has some troubles but they are minor, and i dont believe what this guy said about that when he plays madden it get stuck,.

Donaldson
05-11-2002, 06:11 PM
Don't worry about it if you aren't a fanboy. My first post here was about problems I was having and I got the same replies. I had a problem with the game freezing and found a solution. Make sure the disc is clean, unplug everything from you Xbox except one standard controller (the one it came with) make sure EVERYTHING is unplugged including the DVD kit. Take the disc out and then turn of the power, leave it off for 20 seconds and then turn it back on with no disc in. Then put in the disc and it should be okay. At least it was for me, mine kept freezing in the same exact spot and that is what finally solved the problem. Hope this helps--and if you aren't a fanboy welcome to the site and good luck getting stuff fixed.

kornavs19
05-11-2002, 07:50 PM
notice there both admitees..... da da da.... yo and the guy from Mexico.... Adema is spelt A DEMA not E DEMA..
They're my fav. band so dont spell the name wrong... capish...

bluace98
05-11-2002, 09:09 PM
I am far from being a PS2 fan, i don't own a PS2 and I bought Xbox with MY HARD EARNED MONEY!!!!!!!! I was just asking the question because it does happen from time to time. All ya'll HATERS, i have no idea why you would jump on someone who owns, Madden2k2, Sega NBA2k2, Genma, DOA3, NHL Hitz, TonyHawk2x,3, Halo(best game ever), and prob. one more that i can't remember right now. If this is Xbox addict, you guys should learn to show more love to a fellow XboxAddict!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanx for the help though, ill try the procedure and see if it works!!!!!!!!!

bluace98

Casper
05-13-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Wow, so much for welcoming the newbie! So the kid has a problem that a few other ppl in here have complained about, no reason to be a hater!

Welcome to XBA bluace98, don't mind some of the hostility in here, they don't treat the newbies that good:rolleyes:

As far as the problem that your having, check around some of the forums, or some web-sites. If your still under warranty, I advise that you bring it back ASAP, don't wait til it expires.

Nerrad529
05-14-2002, 01:55 AM
I'am not sure how to help you but I would take it back if you can and get a new one. Maybe someone dropped it where you bought it from. The only problem I have is my xbox freezes sometimes. Gets annoying when I'am in the middle of a game. Late

melon
05-14-2002, 02:52 AM
There is definitely a lot of topics about some of these "disc read" error problems....

GokuX
05-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Welcome to the forums. Don't be frightened.:cool:

UltimateAg
05-14-2002, 05:20 PM
I've only had 1 single game give me probs and that was NFL Fever, it occasionally locks up. I still can't figure why, no scratches on the disk that I can see. But I could care less as long as I've got HALO.

Boomer
05-14-2002, 06:06 PM
There *might* be a bad batch of xbox's.... just recently mine's started to have a read error box come up. Hopefully it's just because the cd's have a little dust on them.

l Maximus l
05-14-2002, 06:07 PM
Hey, Bluace...just so you know, the main reason why you've gotton a little flack is because we have received many posts like this coming from spamming PS2 fanboys...so, if everyone has been wrong about this, please accept our apologies.

Stick around, you'll love this place!

As for your problems, it is probably not a hardware problem...it's likely that it's a software problem. So, simply return your game and exchange it for a new one and try it out. That should take care of ya :)

DIGITAL
05-14-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by bluace98
I am far from being a PS2 fan, i don't own a PS2 and I bought Xbox with MY HARD EARNED MONEY!!!!!!!! I was just asking the question because it does happen from time to time. All ya'll HATERS, i have no idea why you would jump on someone who owns, Madden2k2, Sega NBA2k2, Genma, DOA3, NHL Hitz, TonyHawk2x,3, Halo(best game ever), and prob. one more that i can't remember right now. If this is Xbox addict, you guys should learn to show more love to a fellow XboxAddict!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanx for the help though, ill try the procedure and see if it works!!!!!!!!!

bluace98 im sorry for the rest of the guys but the only time someone ever says they have a problem they only have a couple of post,not sure what to tell you