PDA

View Full Version : Project Ego

AppoX
05-11-2002, 02:23 PM
when is this game set to be released?

RadRider
05-11-2002, 02:45 PM
Tomorrow!
Fall 2002 officially, but probably spring 2003 realistically.

AppoX
05-11-2002, 02:55 PM
well they have been working on it for a while. it could quite posibly b out in fall 2002, well hopefully at least =/

Dilr0y
05-11-2002, 03:57 PM
Spring 2003? NOS! That is WAY too far away! This game needs to come out as soon as possible. I cannot wait for this game to come out, ahh, it makes me mad just knowing that it's coming out in such a long time!

bjones7259
05-18-2002, 03:16 PM
i dont know if its true but from what i heard its already almost done but they dont want if full of bugs (like morrowind) so they are testing and testing and testing, and thats what will take so long

RadRider
05-18-2002, 04:20 PM
Full of bugs like Morrowind? You mean Daggerfall. Have you played Morrowind even? There's not that many bugs. If you combine all the bugs across all the hardware configurations, there's probably quite a few, but I doubt there'd even be 30 total.
They said that the core gameplay and design is done for Project Ego. They're working on tweaking the controls for different aspects, like fighting and stuff. And also tweaking game balance and day-night time shifts. Small stuff. They're trying to completely balance the game.

bjones7259
05-18-2002, 05:08 PM
i saw a poll of the people who own the comp version and some said it crashed every hour some said its never crashed, thats what i mean and they can't have the x box version doing things like that

RadRider
05-18-2002, 05:53 PM
Probably not. The people who've had it crash every hour - I garantee they're running it on lower end systems, or unrecommended video cards. With the Xbox version, it's one static hardware configuration that never changes. So while Bethesda were tweaking the code to get Morrowind working on other hardware configurations, they were likely smoothing out the Xbox version. Plus, when it's done, they have to send it to Microsoft testing. The PC version has no testing to go through, it simply ships when the publisher wants. On the Xbox, Microsoft has to go through a rigorous testing process and once they're sure the game is suitable, they release it.

Don't always believe everything you read. But, it is essential to remember that every single game has bugs in it. There's no way to make a game 100% bug free, the mere though is ridiculous in and of itself. Morrowind isn't nearly the bug ridden mess that you're making it out to be, at least not in my experience. I don't mean to talk down to you, it's just that it sounds like you're saying Morrowind is washed up, when you haven't tried it yourself yet.

Marc
05-18-2002, 06:48 PM
Morrowind will be fine. Don't believe the bull $hit you read about it crashing.

69expertgamer69
05-22-2002, 03:43 PM
What is it with xbox games?? There always released late... anywayz I can't wait till Project Ego comes out. I'm not one for RPG's but this game looks cool.