PDA

View Full Version : Secret platformers at E3??

Splinter
05-11-2002, 03:32 PM
I've been poking around other forums and have come across many people talking about these two super-secret platformers in development. Said to be created by two well known foreign developers, these games have me excited. Does anybody know anything new???
They even said that one of them was going to be the official mascot for xbox!!! The other possibly a fur shaded experience revolving around a certain high speed cousin of Sonic the Hedghog!!! Can anybody confirm anything??? :eek:

MixMasta
05-11-2002, 03:39 PM
i havent heard anything yet

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-11-2002, 03:40 PM
have'nt heard anything like that either i bet you they were just bluffing!

Virtuoso
05-11-2002, 03:54 PM
Well Please don't make me go into a long speech on how or why I have this info...;)

But while working as a hired gun for a certain 1st party Big "M" game you get a extra tidbit of info now and then. But not to compromise NDA's or my ethics I will just say look for a XBOX platformer made by 1st party Microsoft. A very large undertaking and from what I have seen in info from gameplay to eye-candy Mario has company and then some.

I cannot wait to see more in game and hopefully playable versions at E3. But yes there is one very large Platformer coming. As for two I have not heard of this, 1st party wise. So with Malice the XBOX secret platformer, and Core along with Vexx XBOX seems to be taking care of the Platformers cravings. More details when I get to E3 with some xxxclusive info and shots, if I can smuggle them out. Just Joking...;) :)

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-11-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Virtuoso
Well Please don't make me go into a long speech on how or why I have this info...;)

But while working as a hired gun for a certain 1st party Big "M" game you get a extra tidbit of info now and then. But not to compromise NDA's or my ethics I will just say look for a XBOX platformer made by 1st party Microsoft. A very large undertaking and from what I have seen in info from gameplay to eye-candy Mario has company and then some.

I cannot wait to see more in game and hopefully playable versions at E3. But yes there is one very large Platformer coming. As for two I have not heard of this, 1st party wise. So with Malice the XBOX secret platformer, and Core along with Vexx XBOX seems to be taking care of the Platformers cravings. More details when I get to E3 with some xxxclusive info and shots, if I can smuggle them out. Just Joking...;) :)
c'mon dude it is in oxm!

Splinter
05-11-2002, 03:59 PM
Mario has some company?
I knew I heard something somewhere about a "Mario-stomper".
Is that the platformer your refering to Virtch?

Virtuoso
05-11-2002, 03:59 PM
Well of course it's in OXM. But I have seen a little more than that, just giving out my side. I work as a CG artist as a freelancer from time to time and get some extra facts.

So E3 will show us some nice things, you can count on that. ;) :)

Virtuoso
05-11-2002, 04:01 PM
Splinter...........You been spending some time over at Cloudchaser Huh??? What was your name there if so?

Let's let E3 show what I already know, and leave it at that.;) :)

Splinter
05-11-2002, 04:30 PM
I drop into xbox365, teamxbox, and yes cloudchaser/xengamers.
I'm not registered at the xen forums yet. will soon though.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-11-2002, 04:34 PM
just stay here any other place aint worth it!

CoMATOSE
05-11-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Splinter
The other possibly a fur shaded experience revolving around a certain high speed cousin of Sonic the Hedghog!!! Can anybody confirm anything??? :eek:

does any1 remember an old 2-d game that played around this mouse type thingy with boosters not unlike that in gun valkyrie?.......i forget wot its called:confused: anyway it would be cool to see it resurected

DIGITAL
05-11-2002, 09:12 PM
i hope they make that goth chick Moria from unseen the xbox mascot ,the more dark an disturbed the xbox is the better,thats why im hoping hellraiser the game is based offf the movies

aneep
05-12-2002, 06:28 AM
Project Mario Stomp

hehe must be me posting in the comment section (news on Yeti Entertainment) at TeamXbox (rarely go there BTW, and i can't post in the forum there for some reason)

and the credit about that goes to Virtuoso as usual, he knows more about this :)

and another platformer (maybe 1st party, maybe not) is supposedly coming from Artoon, a Japanese company formed by former Sega employees

they have been talking about that last year, then silence
(they aim to make a platformer that will become the face of Xbox in Japan, an Xbox mascot so to speak)

enjoy

-aneep-

OEM Alien
05-12-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Splinter
I've been poking around other forums and have come across many people talking about these two super-secret platformers in development. Said to be created by two well known foreign developers, these games have me excited. Does anybody know anything new???
They even said that one of them was going to be the official mascot for xbox!!! The other possibly a fur shaded experience revolving around a certain high speed cousin of Sonic the Hedghog!!! Can anybody confirm anything??? :eek: I know for a fact that one of the platformers is going to be... DINO CRISIS 3. yep, you heard right. dino crisis 3 is going to be a platformer. and i think that idea kinda sucks. :confused: :mad:

GRAVEDIGGER
05-13-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
i hope they make that goth chick Moria from unseen the xbox mascot ,the more dark an disturbed the xbox is the better,thats why im hoping hellraiser the game is based offf the movies

Precisely DIGITAL, this is the way i feel, XBOX is a great step away from boring oldshcool gaming reality. ANd its a massive leap away from anything all mario sunshiny. And of course i too cant wait for the Hellraiser game.

Untill next time...:mad: