PDA

View Full Version : Does HALO really deserved to be rated M ?

xbrion
05-11-2002, 07:20 PM
When I knew about the Xbox, The game that I must wanted was HALO, only by 2 reasons;

1.People said it was the edge of FPS (First Person Shooters)
2.All the screenshots I saw made this game look better than what it really looks.

Well the point here is, why to rate "M" a game where you kill strange aliens and you see their blue blood coming out, when in games like "killer Instinct" that was rated "T", you actually fight and made their final moves which are more agressive and with more gore, than any sequence at Halo.

I knew there are voice outtakes from Halo containing some cursing, this could made the game looked more suitable for that rating, but no, the ESRB system is a little weird rating games.

So that´s why we have to worry how this system rate the games, our games, cause probably in the future games containing animated violence like a mouse hittin´ a cat with a chainsaw can teach the kids that it is good, the games are for entertaining, so please dont rate games, eventhought I have saw kids buying "M" rated games and their parents don´t give a ....look to what their childs are buying. But that is now, I knew that they are goin´to start sellin "T" and "M" games to persons showing their ID´s, so they can prove they have the age needed to play those games, so watch out you little punks (kids with 8 years old playing Resident Evil, come on, that can´t happen).

Laxeph
05-11-2002, 07:29 PM
When I decided to get Xbox, I knew that I wanted to get Halo. When I saw previews they all said "Teen". That was good for me cuz my mom doesn't let me have Mature game. It's dumb because I am 15 and they aren't going to currupt me. But then they changes the rating to Mature. That ticked me off. But, I just bought the game and locked case in my cash box. I don't think that she has caught on to me. And, for the record, I don't think Halo deserves to be rated Mature.

mtbaird5687
05-11-2002, 07:29 PM
Well it was origianally going to be rated T but after 9/11 they decided to make it M. The only reason i can see for its M is the language they use sometime. The violence isnt that bad

EDIT: You said the T thing right before me

MixMasta
05-11-2002, 07:47 PM
the most violence ive seen in halo is when u go on a rampage and kill all of ur troops, there is no limbs or heads flying off but there is alot of blood when u kill ur troops.

Xtopia
05-11-2002, 10:33 PM
I definetily think Halo should have been rated Teen! I dont get it...why did 9/11 change the rating? I mean 9/11 has nothing to do w/fighting aliens on a far off ring world!!!!!:eek:

squid413
05-11-2002, 11:35 PM
dude ok i just wanted to say that when i got halo the dude at target said that if the cops caught me playing this game i would go straight to juvi and he said this to my parents but they let me get it anyway. He also said that it had sex scenes in it and that they would take down my moms drivers license. but they didn't take down her drivers license.

Crazy Joe
05-12-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by squid413
dude ok i just wanted to say that when i got halo the dude at target said that if the cops caught me playing this game i would go straight to juvi and he said this to my parents but they let me get it anyway. He also said that it had sex scenes in it and that they would take down my moms drivers license. but they didn't take down her drivers license.

lol, you have got to be joking, that is hard to believe. they can't stop you from playing a game if your parents allow it they can only stop you from buying it.

These new ID rules won't mean anything anyway, it'll be the same as booze and cigarettes, except worse. Half of the stores probably won't enforce it and those that do, I guarantee it won't be too hard to find someone to buy the game for you if you toss 'em an extra $5 or something. So, youngin's don't worry too much, unless your parents check out your games.

squid413
05-12-2002, 12:57 AM
Originaly posted by Gortholomew

lol, you have got to be joking, that is hard to believe. they can't stop you from playing a game if your parents allow it they can only stop you from buying it.

The funny thing is the guy told it to my mom and she didn't care. Then we had to go to best buy and asked them if this was true and they said they had never heard of it.:confused:

Kooster
05-12-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by squid413
dude ok i just wanted to say that when i got halo the dude at target said that if the cops caught me playing this game i would go straight to juvi and he said this to my parents but they let me get it anyway. He also said that it had sex scenes in it and that they would take down my moms drivers license. but they didn't take down her drivers license. Thats such BS. Which store was this?

faceoff508
05-12-2002, 10:39 AM
no

squid413
05-12-2002, 10:39 AM
Thats such BS. Which store was this?

The store was Target.

CALzinger
05-12-2002, 11:12 AM
well lets face it, there is shooting, curses, and blood [fake as hell], but think about it, would it be fair to rate it as E?

Xbox Owner
05-12-2002, 11:28 AM
LoL, they took blood out of WW*E* RAW because they wanted to keep the Teen Rating!

Well anyway

1. Guns
2. Blood
3. They swear

IMO, that is why it is rated mature.

Strider_32002
05-12-2002, 11:51 AM
ooh ooh i got one! could it be cuz some grunts say "F*CK YOU!"
or, some flood that u shoot, their limps fly off their body, and when they are dead u can go over to them and shoot limbs off. OR "M" games are more appealing to older people, im 14 and the only game i cant have is blood omen 2, witch i dont care about anymore. (she saw kain ripping a guys heart out)so their gonna start checking ID for "M" games now? Thats ***, good thing my mom or dad or someone is always with me when i buy games.

xbaaddict
05-12-2002, 12:03 PM
I'm 14 and me and my friend went to Best Buy (he is also 14) i picked up blood omen 2 asked an employee if it was any good this is what he stated "Blood omen 2 is pretty awsome I myself bought it 2 days ago. You can do different moves like rip your oponents hearts out and suck their blood, it is by far the most gory game ever but is cool as hell." so i said,"cool sounds awsome to me, would you check me out?" He went to the counter and checked me out didn't ask my age or anything. I guess you just have to find somone really cool that just don't give a damn what you buy....

ShannonX
05-12-2002, 06:31 PM
personally, i think having to show an ID to get a mature rated game is just one more step to loosing more of our freedoms. Sure, its only a "game", but whats next? If a kid wants to get it and the parents let him/her, then its the parents fault, not the stores. If a parent cant teach his or her kids whats right and wrong, then they deserve to have a kid that runs around being violent and destructive. Oh well, i am very opnionated when it comes to that matter so i'll stop now.

Innotech
05-12-2002, 08:45 PM
They should have rated it teen from what I played. an M rating is good for Resident Evil, but Halo is fantasy, and about as gory as James Bond games. Just another bit of hype that didnt pan out. Very good quality game, but it wont exactly make you a man for playing it. :rolleyes:

Frostberg
05-12-2002, 10:12 PM
guns, anamated violence, first persion realistic action, marines arent good role models...M rating

Uhhh, why do we care what games are rated? Lets care if they are good or not!

NightCapper
05-21-2002, 06:25 PM
There is never enough violence in games today. Halo is more like a PG-13 game than M. I want to see guts splashing on the wall and wigs split open with brains all over the floor. Bullit holes in people and blood everywhere. People screeming and being tourtured. Dead bodies that dont dissapper. If u make a game with guns there should be the gore to chase it up like a good beer chases a hard shot of booze.:mad:

hook-worm J
05-24-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by NightCapper
Dead bodies that dont dissapper.

In halo, they dont disappear, right?

NightCapper
05-25-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by hook-worm J

In halo, they dont disappear, right?
In the multiplayer they do but i guess the game needs the memory for other things. I just like a hardcore game that looks and playes so real u might forget that is a game. .LOL. . .dont get me wrong Halo is a brilliant game and i am sure that Halo 2 will surpass it in every aspect.