PDA

View Full Version : HALO tournament

Pakkratt
05-12-2002, 12:54 PM
I was thinking that there could be an On-Line Halo tournament between XBA members. We could use these forums for matchups and standings. There could be different categories also, like Free for all slayer, Team slayer, and CTF. We could also use XBconnect for all the games. THey let you put a password on the games so only XBA members could join. No outsiders would be able to join our tournament. I don't know, what do you guys think?

Azazel
05-12-2002, 01:48 PM
That idea has already come through these forums. Im not sure why, but I know most people didnt go for it. I think many want to wait for xbox live. Then I think there will definetly be an xba tourney.

Azazel
05-12-2002, 04:07 PM
Huh, I guess I must have missed it. Why did you say silvertrace won of course? Is he suppose to be the best on Xba? I thought it was suppose to be JJax? Anyways, Id be down for a tourney. I can host 3 boxes anywhere in the US with no lag.

Gamespy ID: Azazel
I dont like xboxconnect.

silvertrace
05-12-2002, 04:11 PM
yep, lethal did a stellar job with the last tourney, and maxy was talking to me about setting up a team slayer tourney but i think lag would become a serious issue.........even with programs like xbconnect, having someone host 4 total boxes would create lag and the tourney wouldn't be very fair........look at how much trouble a 1v1 tourney was..............:(

also xboxlive will not support system link games so the only way to play halo online is thru xbconnect or lagspy:rolleyes:

**silvertrace circles HALO 2 on his list of wants to Santa.............. ;)

silvertrace
05-12-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Azazel
Huh, I guess I must have missed it. Why did you say silvertrace won of course? Is he suppose to be the best on Xba? I thought it was suppose to be JJax? Anyways, Id be down for a tourney. I can host 3 boxes anywhere in the US with no lag.

Gamespy ID: Azazel
I dont like xboxconnect.

psssttt.... i beat JJax on his server, and i don't lose when i host.......so if u want to see how halo is played drop me a line on xbc..................:eek:

JJaX
05-13-2002, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by silvertrace

psssttt.... i beat JJax on his server, and i don't lose when i host.......so if u want to see how halo is played drop me a line on xbc..................:eek:

BWhahahahaah you beat me in a FFA by 3 frags. You had your own screen, thats a big advantage. And dont say its not, cause we do it all the time on our LAN.

silvertrace
05-13-2002, 10:19 AM
first off, u had host advantage........(thats 1).........then u had the ability to look at ur friends screen when i killed them to find out where i was....(thats 2)...........and i remember and open invitation by me for a 1v1 anytime that u haven't accepted....(well hmmmmmmmmm guess thats 3)

anytime dude.........alternating hosts..............its ok if u are afraid........most are......;)

for the record.........i waxed your azz when i hosted 25, 13, 12

and u lost when u hosted.........a win is a win no matter how u look at it...............:eek:

Xtopia
05-13-2002, 11:40 AM
Oh, and by the way, I got second place in the tourney! Just though I would share that.;)

JJaX
05-13-2002, 12:05 PM
first off, u had host advantage........(thats 1).........then u had the ability to look at ur friends screen when i killed them to find out where i was....(thats 2)...........and i remember and open invitation by me for a 1v1 anytime that u haven't accepted....(well hmmmmmmmmm guess thats 3)

anytime dude.........alternating hosts..............its ok if u are afraid........most are......;)

for the record.........i waxed your azz when i hosted 25, 13, 12

and u lost when u hosted.........a win is a win no matter how u look at it...............:eek:

Dude, When in a FFA your at a Disadvantage when everyone can see where you are. ALl you had to do was sit back and finish us off.

Silver, Im not saying your not a good player. Dont jusify that your a better person cause you won in a FFA. And dont think your better than me cause i lost to xtopia when i was pinging over 300.

So dont talk big game like you beat me in a 1 on 1. CAuse it never happened..................

silvertrace
05-13-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Dude, When in a FFA your at a Disadvantage when everyone can see where you are. ALl you had to do was sit back and finish us off.

Silver, Im not saying your not a good player. Dont jusify that your a better person cause you won in a FFA. And dont think your better than me cause i lost to xtopia when i was pinging over 300.

So dont talk big game like you beat me in a 1 on 1. CAuse it never happened..................

i'll play u whenever u want man......i got no problem playing u, but i take offense to someone making excuses for losing PERIOD...

i could care less if it was a FFA, u hosted, u shoulda won, and anyone who has played online will know that host has supreme advantage, so losing on ur own server is unexcusable......

and like i said in my earlier posts, i offered a 1v1 from day 1 and u haven't made an effort to play me.........:(

JJaX
05-13-2002, 02:09 PM

and like i said in my earlier posts, i offered a 1v1 from day 1 and u haven't made an effort to play me.........:(

Next time i go on ill look you up.............
No need to get heated Jabroni......

Huckleberry
05-13-2002, 02:35 PM
you all just need to pile in your cars/minivans/school buses and head over here to chicago. i've got room enough for 2 full 16 player lan games, so we could have two 4 on 4 games going on at once. we are in the process of organizing a real tournament in the chi area, but heck...just pick a weekend and bring your peeps. i can have 5 teams of 4 players just from who shows up here every monday night to play.

JJaX
05-13-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Huckleberry
you all just need to pile in your cars/minivans/school buses and head over here to chicago. i've got room enough for 2 full 16 player lan games, so we could have two 4 on 4 games going on at once. we are in the process of organizing a real tournament in the chi area, but heck...just pick a weekend and bring your peeps. i can have 5 teams of 4 players just from who shows up here every monday night to play.

you know what Huckleberry! Your awesome for being so friendly and inviting people over. So if you have a Tourney for a weekend sometime this summer, i might drive up and have some fun.

Chicago, Hmmm thats about a 8-10 hour drive i think :eek:

The Reverend
05-13-2002, 05:56 PM
We would love to have all sorts come out and play. it is an open invite at my house too......though Huck's is the better abode.

xboxman_1
05-13-2002, 08:48 PM
::: wishes he could drive :::
I'm probably the closest one here to chicago too....but no one I know would ever drive 3 1/2 hours to play a halo LAN.