PDA

View Full Version : All about Morrowind, GTA3, etc...read plz.

EHWfedPres
05-12-2002, 01:09 PM
The other day, me and my friend went to EB because he was going to get Morrowing for the PC...but he also had to pick something up at Sears, so he gave me the money to buy the game while he was getting what he needed.

Anyway, I went to EB, bought the game, and started talking to the employees, who I know pretty well. Here's what was discussed...

I asked when Morrowind will be coming out on the Xbox. I was told the shipping date was the 28th, but I was also told that another delay was on the way, guranteed. He also told me that we might see it by the end of this month, but thats just a wild guess.

So then I asked him about GTA3 for the Xbox...He said that Xbox MIGHT see it by the end of this year. He also said that Snoy is paying for the GTA3 advertisments on TV, so as long as people fromt he companies keep their mouth shut, then there is a better chance that the Xbox will see GTA3.

Anyway, after we went to my friends house, we installed Morrowind and started playing...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

This game is amazing. You start out on a boat, and are released onto the island of Morrowind. I dont want to give anything away, but when creating your character, you have about 6 or 8 character races to choose from. You can customize his skills, stats, birth sign (like a Zodiac, and each gives you skill additions, etc). You can pick up about 97% of all small objects, from candles, pots, flasks, etc. As long as nobody sees you, you get away with it. Then you can sell the things you stole for money.

The weather in the game is breath-taking. The lightning is real enough to believe. Small bolts streak across the sky while larger ones light up the entire screen for a split second...followed by thunderous booms...which was so incredible because it sounded so real...

Anyway, I cant wait for this game...me and my friend both think it's an amazing game, and we didnt so shyt in it yet...:)

sinizuh
05-12-2002, 01:40 PM
Don't believe EB employees...

Toast
05-12-2002, 01:50 PM
thats not good for morrowind. wasnt it supposed to be out by april

kornavs19
05-12-2002, 01:52 PM
now tosomething more positive,,,,, good thread. thanks

Dukefan22
05-12-2002, 01:57 PM
Nope, official word out of Bethesday has always either been Spring then May. So as long as it comes out sometime in May, they were keeping their word, and I won't complaing. Now if it comes out later, I'll be complaining along side everyone else

FuNkY mOnK
05-13-2002, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
The weather in the game is breath-taking. The lightning is real enough to believe. Small bolts streak across the sky while larger ones light up the entire screen for a split second...followed by thunderous booms...which was so incredible because it sounded so real...
What kind of system where you running this on and what was the resolution settings? Also does this splendor look to be a chore for the xbox ?

EHWfedPres
05-13-2002, 06:11 PM
I dont know what sound system my friend has on his PC...but he has a Voodoo 5 graphics card, and everything looked amazing. The sound during the lightning storms is so realistic, I cant even explain.

preetz16
05-13-2002, 06:17 PM
Oh, I hope sooooo badly that this is not another delay!

But the one thing that gives me hope is that it came from EB.

wweomaniac
05-13-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by sinizuh
Don't believe EB employees...
i do, they told me May 16th before any site had that date. The only exceptiong would be amazon.com with may 20. So they were right on the dot.

Nerrad529
05-14-2002, 01:11 AM
All I know is I can't wait for elders scrolls 3: morrowind to come out. I need a good rpg game to add to the collection. I just hope it isn't impossible, oh well probally have to buy the strategy guide too. Late