PDA

View Full Version : Lookin' for DOA3 pros!

Hooligan!
05-12-2002, 03:36 PM
Hi everybody!

I just want to know 2 things:

1. In DOA3, when you do the exercises in Sparring mode, how to activate the BLACK arrow? I don't know wich button to press! :(

2. How can you do 10 hits and + combos ? Is there a special trick? Something? please tell me :D

Thanks for the help!

Hooligan!
05-12-2002, 03:37 PM
btw, how do I change the "admitee" under my nickname on the left side? ;)

Ukyo
05-12-2002, 03:43 PM
The black arrow means you have to hold that direction down before executing the following commands.

And there's a secret to big combos...Play Ayane. ;)

Liquid Gears
05-12-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Hooligan!
btw, how do I change the "admitee" under my nickname on the left side? ;)

xboxaddict.com -> Forums -> User Cp (top of page) -> Edit Profile

Liquid Gears
05-12-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Hooligan!
Hi everybody!

I just want to know 2 things:

1. In DOA3, when you do the exercises in Sparring mode, how to activate the BLACK arrow? I don't know wich button to press! :(

2. How can you do 10 hits and + combos ? Is there a special trick? Something? please tell me :D

Thanks for the help!

The only special trick in the game, is Hayabusa multi-throw. He's the best guy in the game, well.....I think.:cool:

X-Ray
05-18-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

The only special trick in the game, is Hayabusa multi-throw. He's the best guy in the game, well.....I think.:cool:

Who is the best fighter in the game?

Liquid Gears
05-19-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by X-Ray

Who is the best fighter in the game?

Hayabusa!!:cool:

Yannie Boy
05-20-2002, 03:49 PM
um sorry but no. habusya isn't the best.

RadRider
05-21-2002, 12:28 AM
Brad Wong. Drunken boxer style is the best, and the only reason I rented, and had any enjoyment at all from DOA3. Well, the graphics helped too.

Spaztic
05-22-2002, 11:51 AM
well I have pretty much mastered all the characters and my favorite is Leon or Tina. habusya is the first person I began with he has some awsome moves! I prefer the people that have good grab combos! Brad Wong is good for people that are playing more advanced players since his timing can throw people off.

y2kash_14
05-23-2002, 03:16 AM
I have mastered Leon, i am unstoppable with him. In most games being faster usually gets you the win. But in DoA the Strong guy seems to win every fight.

Tkf5000
05-30-2002, 03:30 PM
I like Jahn Lee because i get people on the walls a lot and my favorite level it the cage level and i never lose with J

Tkf5000
05-30-2002, 03:31 PM
I like Jahn Lee because i get people on the walls a lot and my favorite level it the cage level and i never lose with Jahn Lee in that level.

NomadLLama
06-15-2002, 11:49 PM
the secret to 10+ hit combos?! easy do a combo that knocks someone down, but before they really do fall down, you can hit them a bunch of times. with Jann Lee, i have gotten a 12 hit combo. but most of the time, you will never be able to pull these off. if you are playing an experienced player, they can track your combos, play you twice, learn your fighting style, and then break your combos with reversals. after thaT you are dead. and even worse, they can play with your fighting style and then you may not be able to beat it. (i.e develop many different fighting ways of doing combos, stringing them together differently each time, and learn all of the moves for everyone! from there, you may be able to reverse lots combos that may decide your fate! learn to counter your own way of playing.) id say develop at least 3 different ways of playing each person. oh, and playing with a person that uses a Chi-gong based art (gen fu, Leifang, helena and some others, i cannot remember at the moment), once they can land one good combo starter (gen fu's "white button") you cannot reverse the following moves. so thus, everyone is good. not the strongest, or fastest. its how you play that matters.

TheCovenant
06-21-2002, 07:15 PM
10+ hits? is that all? i can do a combo with Tina thats 17 hits but it only records thirteen cause i use a bunch of moves that you cant get out of but they dont really connect. Leifangs long legs allows her to keep kicking while your in the air. And she has a special trick. If you hold the kick and punch button and forward she does a lightning quick jab that stuns , so press regualr punch regular punch ( so they block it ) and and right asfter do that move and if the keep blocking do her triple axe kick but dont let it sweep, if they duck to counter the last sweep kick, do the down grab and from their you can connect the triple kick. Leifangs is awsome, but tina is unstoppable. she has grabs that link to other grab and although you can reverse grabs it proves difficult, especially with her down-stun move. then you can do her down-back grab and from there you can connect her trigger kick, right after you do the triple punch into the knee the do her trigger kick again ( and this is all while theyre in the air) then do a regular low kick then grab again. she does a spinning powerbomb, after do her backwards summersault (while they're on the ground) if you miss and they get up doing a high kick that should make you land in the position where you can do a grab-get up. If they already know about this, they will give you room to get up regularly, or else grab them ( its unblockabe and the only way out of it is if they move into the background) if they do move into the background do her low drop kick and roll backward into safety and start all over. Ironically, as long as this combo is, if you get every move in and they fall for everything, it only takes a little more than half of you life. TINA AND LEIFANG TAG TEAM ARE YOUR NIGHTMARE! im not telling anyone about the combos with tine and leifang, until they actually play me and see me do it.

NomadLLama
06-21-2002, 11:21 PM
hey, covenant, just as i said, all an expert needs to do would be to watch your combo twice at most to know what's in it and how to counter or reverse it. and techinically, its not ONE combo if you knock them down and start hitting them when they get up.

Neo1
06-27-2002, 01:15 AM
your search for a DOA3 pro is over, I am him!:cool:

X-Factor
06-27-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Neo1
your search for a DOA3 pro is over, I am him!:cool: Wow, someone sure is conceited! ;)

maneatingcow
06-30-2002, 08:18 PM
IMO, Ein is an AMAZING fighter, when used right. Like most fighting games, practice makes perfect. Just run through sparring Vs. the computer on all of the difficulty levels to build up your skill.

Waffle.

X-Factor
07-02-2002, 03:12 AM
I love your new signature, MEC. :D

It compliments your discernment, and is quite funny. ;)

You think you could make me a Matrix signature, MEC? :confused:
BTW, why does it say that you ONLY have 4 posts??? Because I know you have more than that, MEC. :)

cityson
07-02-2002, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by X-Factor
I love your new signature, MEC. :D

It compliments your discernment, and is quite funny. ;)

You think you could make me a Matrix signature, MEC? :confused:
BTW, why does it say that you ONLY have 4 posts??? Because I know you have more than that, MEC. :)

Yea, the sig. is indeed funny! ;) I buy DOAx volleyball not because I like volleyball (obviously).....its cuz I like the "BALLS"....The bouncy ones...

X-Factor
07-03-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by cityson

Yea, the sig. is indeed funny! ;) I buy DOAx volleyball not because I like volleyball (obviously).....its cuz I like the "BALLS"....The bouncy ones... Bouncy balls, huh? Yeah, I suppose volleyballs are pretty bouncy. I hope you weren't talking about the "OTHER" balls...;)

Spaztic
07-05-2002, 12:03 PM
isn't doa volleyball supposed to have a topless mode as well? If it does I will be the first in line!

Master coder
07-17-2002, 11:43 AM
FAVE CHARAQCTER EIN YES IM GETTING AN XBOX TOMMOROW

Tkf5000
07-17-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
isn't doa volleyball supposed to have a topless mode as well? If it does I will be the first in line!
whered u hear that at? the maker would have to hide it or make ita code or it would be like rated AO.

Master coder
07-17-2002, 01:05 PM
is doa3 4 players or 3 and when u chose tag mode is it u and your friend against two other friends or is it 3 [people on screen or 4 people on screen

Tkf5000
07-17-2002, 01:08 PM
only 2 onscreen at a time. but the dum thing is u can hit the button to tag when your friend is fighting. its really annoying when they just wanna fight and decide to hit the button.

Neo1
07-18-2002, 11:15 AM
how many people do you think are going to buy DOAx vollyball for just the "vollyball?" My guess....0.:D

Tkf5000
07-18-2002, 03:36 PM
how many people do you think are going to buy DOAx vollyball for just the "vollyball?" My guess....0.:D
good guess. i think the same thing.

X-Factor
07-18-2002, 11:59 PM
how many people do you think are going to buy DOAx vollyball for just the "vollyball?" My guess....0.:D Just check out maneatingcow's signature, my friend...;)

NomadLLama
07-24-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Tkf5000

whered u hear that at? the maker would have to hide it or make ita code or it would be like rated AO.

nope. the guy from tecmo said that if there is no "penetration" or "intercourse" in the game, they can only rate it "M" for mature sexual themes.

Tkf5000
07-24-2002, 09:46 AM
the games gunna be rated m? man i can image me in the store buying a volleyball game rated m and my mom seeing it lol. and on the back it says like new toppless mode!

Neo1
07-24-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
the games gunna be rated m? man i can image me in the store buying a volleyball game rated m and my mom seeing it lol. and on the back it says like new toppless mode!

If my mom saw something like that she would totally freak, and be like: "RETURN THAT GAME RIGHT NOW YOUNG MAN!!"

Man, that would be helarious;)

X-Factor
07-25-2002, 12:39 AM
My mother would be all like, "What kind of game features scantily-clad women playing volleyball together?" "I bet after you beat the game you can unlock orgy-mode or something."

Naw, she wouldn't really say something like that, but the thought of it is just too funny! :D

cityson
07-25-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by X-Factor
My mother would be all like, "What kind of game features scantily-clad women playing volleyball together?" "I bet after you beat the game you can unlock orgy-mode or something."

Naw, she wouldn't really say something like that, but the thought of it is just too funny! :D

What will your father said??? I am sure it's wouldn't be funny....

rickybee
07-31-2002, 11:31 AM
A true D.O.A. player knows everybody is equal. Hayabusa'a multi throw is not the best multi throw but is quickest to execute. Bass and Leons multi throws are alot stronger. Everybody has strong and weak points so spar with everybody and see who fits your style best. Get really good with countering because it makes all the difference in a fight. If anybody went to XBOX Unleashed, I was the undefeated player for DOA3. I was only able to pull this off because I understand the characters. Once you understand everybody you will be great competition for all your friends.Hehe, I always win a 3 to 5 team battle. Im great!