PDA

View Full Version : Burnout?

Liquid Gears
05-12-2002, 04:17 PM
Hey, has anyone played Burnout yet? If you have ,what did you think about it? Cause some of the gamer sites out on the web have given this game some bad reviews and some like it. I thought the game was great!! It has some pretty exciting moments in that game. But on the the down side, I thought it was way to short and easy. I mean, I beat the game the day I rented it. I'm lucky I never bought it. But still, this game was fun to go through. What do you think?

faceoff508
05-12-2002, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I thought it was too short too...

ScorpionX
05-12-2002, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I agree this is a good game to rent, but not to buy. The crash sequences in the game are really cool but is is easy. I recommend renting it because you'll probably beat the game.

Laxeph
05-12-2002, 04:53 PM
I don't know that much about this game. From the way you guys talk about it it sounds like Wreckless. Is that true.

Kamshaft
05-12-2002, 04:56 PM
You might want to check out the reviews on this site...I think there is only 3 of them...if I remember they got a good score.

Liquid Gears
05-12-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Laxeph
I don't know that much about this game. From the way you guys talk about it it sounds like Wreckless. Is that true.

Sorta. I think Wreckless has better traffic. No, I think this game is more like the San Francisco Rush series. The thing is, soon the Xbox company will be releasing Test Drive. This game is going to be a mix between Need for Speed & San Francisco Rush. I think this game will be the Halo of Racing games for the Xbox. PGR, Wrecless, and Burnout will be no challenge to Test Drive. This game I know will be a good buyer, that's for sure.

LynxFX
05-12-2002, 07:40 PM
Plus Test Drive looks to still be rumored to support HD which Burnout did too and even says on the box, but it doesn't. :( :mad:

Liquid Gears
05-12-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Plus Test Drive looks to still be rumored to support HD which Burnout did too and even says on the box, but it doesn't. :( :mad:

HD??? What does that stand for Hard Drive or somethin'?:confused:

LynxFX
05-12-2002, 10:35 PM
High Definition like 720p and 1080i resolutions playable on HD capable tv's and projectors.

Right now all Xbox games have an affective resolution of 720x480 or 640x480. With an HD game it would raise that to 1280x720 or 1920x1080. Much higher resolution, fewer jaggies and a much sharper and detailed picture.

sinizuh
05-15-2002, 12:46 PM
I rented this game yesterday and man, is it fun! one of the funnest games i've played on xbox... going burnout (boost) on on-coming traffic on rush hour is great :D

my best crash was a 4-5 car pile up (all of the racers and a semi-truck) which costed like $120,000 :)

Tkf5000
05-15-2002, 08:03 PM
short.fun.feels a lot the days of the older test drives where u knocked the other players into traffic or u hit em in the perfect spot and they would go all over the place crashing inot everything. rent this game dont buy it.cool theres a new little alien head and a sleeping guy and a purple face for the message icons.

Liquid Gears
05-15-2002, 11:15 PM
Common Man!! I've been waiting over a year for Test Drive. I'm gonna pre-order this game!!

Shiz_96
05-16-2002, 06:11 PM
This game is no Wreckless by a long shot. The graphics are PS2 quality. It's supposed to be a crash game but the crashes and action in Wreckless are way more wow-inducing. Also, it gets old fast when you have to sit and watch a Double replay of every single crash and there's no way to turn it off when you can't take it any more.

Tkf5000
05-16-2002, 06:18 PM
Another bad thing is it takes like 5 minutes to show the replays. Best crashes in a game, yea right! Wreckless is better. When your car gets beat up it doesnt stay like that either! It just gets beat up in replays.