PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Hacked Video #3

Kooster
05-12-2002, 08:18 PM
Cick here to see it. (http://users.pandora.be/freakyswifty/x%20box%20mod%20chip.WMV)

This one isnt too great. I think its a different person than the last two.

Liquid Gears
05-12-2002, 09:51 PM
I still wish I could burn games.

smashnp934
05-12-2002, 11:34 PM
Shame, Shame! =(

darianX
05-13-2002, 12:26 AM
How come we never see anyone actually playing the games on these videos, instead of just starting it?

DIGITAL
05-13-2002, 12:39 AM
great point ,i still think its bull o****

Liquid Gears
05-13-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by darianX
How come we never see anyone actually playing the games on these videos, instead of just starting it?

(Duh) XBox Hacked Video #2

DrUnKtAnK
05-13-2002, 09:26 AM
Unless I missed something on this vid.....it really dosen't show anything that the xbox as been modded?

Why don't they show the actual chip installation?

JJaX
05-13-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by DrUnKtAnK
Unless I missed something on this vid.....it really dosen't show anything that the xbox as been modded?

Why don't they show the actual chip installation?

Well he did put in a CD-R............

Which is the...ummm....errr...the point of the video.

DrUnKtAnK
05-13-2002, 10:26 AM
sorry, I didn't realize it was a cd-r, I just saw the bottom of some sort of disc....I'll watch it again.....:(

How do you know it was a cd-r? The only thing that shows (in this video) what type of media, was the opening shot of the bottom of a disc, and hell it could of been an orginal of DOA3....

(Unless you can confirm it by the color of the dye of the disc)

JJaX
05-13-2002, 10:29 AM
sorry, I didn't realize it was a cd-r, I just saw the bottom of some sort of disc....I'll watch it again.....:(

No need to be sorry......

I just figured that was the point of the video. To show a CD-R booting up.

DrUnKtAnK
05-13-2002, 10:32 AM
How do you know it was a cd-r? The only thing that shows (in this video) what type of media, was the opening shot of the bottom of a disc, and hell it could of been an orginal of DOA3....

JJaX
05-13-2002, 10:38 AM

i just know most my CD-Rs have a green tint on the bottom.

Hmmmm, Come to think of it i never looked at what color a Xbox disc is. But im pretty sure its silver.

Unreal
05-13-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
I still wish I could burn games.
I am going to pretend I didnt read that :(

Spaztic
05-13-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

i just know most my CD-Rs have a green tint on the bottom.

Hmmmm, Come to think of it i never looked at what color a Xbox disc is. But im pretty sure its silver.

bottom of my doa3 disk is gold! It is a cd-r!

JJaX
05-13-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Motoko S9
I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT! (I think) :D

There is no controller connected to the Xbox used in this video, yet they skip the team ninja intro.

Here me out.

My guess is that in all of these videos, or at least this one, there are two Xboxes. We'll call Xbox A the one they put the CD-R into. Now, if they plug this into just an electrical outlet, it'll still turn on and you still have the ability to open the disc tray. Now let's call Xbox B the real one. Before the video starts, they open the disc tray up and put DOA3, or whatever game onto it, but don't close it. Xbox B is the one connected to the TV, however, it is hidden off camera somewhere. On the video, they place the CD-R into the disc tray of Xbox A, and they close BOTH Xboxes at THE SAME TIME, making it appear that the burnt game is playing.

Get it?

good thinking gumshoe! but it looks like there is a controller plugged in to me.......i could be wrong though....

Kooster
05-13-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

good thinking gumshoe! but it looks like there is a controller plugged in to me.......i could be wrong though.... Yeah, it does look like a controller is plugged in.

faceoff508
05-13-2002, 03:31 PM
Shows nothing!!

yall
05-13-2002, 03:38 PM
This may be stretching it a bit, but if you watch carefully at the end the culprit holds his finger at the power button for a second or 2 before powering down. perhaps to syncronize hitting the power button at the same time someone else is? these videos prove nothing either way because there is no way to tell if the xbox on the screen is 100% for sure the xbox that is sending the signal to the tv. personally i hope they are fake, so perhaps my judgement is clouded. but then again i have a history of sniffing out fakes around this joint. *cough* infinate *cough*. oh by the way, i purchased morrowind for my pc (im trading it back at ebworld in 10 days for credit towards xbox version) and so far it is way cool!

VeNoMiZA
05-13-2002, 05:00 PM
umm...anywayz..... i still think its bull****

yall
05-14-2002, 08:50 AM
yet another intelligent reply from venom. everyone, put your hands together for him.

Plewis
05-14-2002, 09:41 AM
good call moto... but does ur guys screen blink like his does... i think he started up doa3 and recorded on a VCR then he started up the xbox and ran through the VCR recording... good call about how they faked it:) I am probably wrong... because He would have to time it perfectly... and by the way there is a controller plugged in... but the guy never picks it up off the floor. He could lay down on the floor to do this, but I doubt anyone would do that... and the cord would at least move when he grabs it