PDA

View Full Version : Any MMORPG ever going to come?

sholmes983
05-12-2002, 10:37 PM
I'm really a huge fan of MMORPGs but don't want to upgrade my computer to play the newer ones.. I was just wondering, since the Xbox does have the capability as far as I know, are there any MMORPGs coming to the Xbox on the scale of like UO, EQ, and stuff like that? I know typing would be a real pain, but there are ways around that, and I can't think of anything better then being able to play my favorite MMORPG from my comfy couch. :)

Oh, and if they can't do this with the Xbox, please tell me why, I'm far from knowledgable on the technical limitations of the Xbox.

sinizuh
05-15-2002, 12:42 PM
There haven't been many MMORPG games annouced for xbox because online play hasn't been annouced yet... wait for E3 to see...

but i know that a japanese developer is working on one at the moment...

and i heard something about Blizzard interested in brining World of Warcraft to console (ps2 or xbox)

and i also heard of a Korean MMORPG game coming to xbox... i think it's Shining Lore... check that one out...

RadRider
05-16-2002, 03:09 PM
I've heard that Blizzard has announced an Xbox exclusive game, so after reading that they'd like to bring World of Warcraft to a console, it seems like an updated version that would be exclusive to Xbox is what's in the works. However, this is just speculation.

There are MMOG's that have been announced. The most heard about one was of course, fate. However, fate has been cancelled since it's developer went under.
-In a sense, Unreal Championship will be a MMOG, just not an RPG style one.
-I think Sega announced one a while ago, obviously not just Phantasy Star, since that's technically not "massively multiplayer".
-VR-1 are working on an MMOG that is open-ended, built on the NightCaster engine. It's been officially announced for PC, but I'm not sure if it's been officially announced for Xbox yet.

If anybody else knows of any Xbox MMOG's, post them!

OppiumNitrates
05-17-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by RadRider

-VR-1 are working on an MMOG that is open-ended, built on the NightCaster engine. It's been officially announced for PC, but I'm not sure if it's been officially announced for Xbox yet.

i feel bad for anyone who picks that up . . .the night caster engin sucked my nutz. . . . . your coulndt even fall off a cliff. . . .cheezy:o

RadRider
05-17-2002, 04:12 PM
I wasn't wholly impressed by the Nightcaster engine. But, this game looks promising. Remember, when the engine is being used from another game, it doesn't mean that the gameplay will be the same. Look at Quake 3 and American McGee's Alice. Same engine, two vastly different games.

bjones7259
05-18-2002, 03:17 PM
i dont know where i saw it but ive seen an MMORPG for x box let me find the info for it and ill post

edit
ok i found the info: go to games and look for the game DOMINION. It looks kinda like a 3d diablo. Oh and here is the offical web site

http://www.pharaoh-productions.com/dominion.html