PDA

View Full Version : Question for Madden fans

Dub
05-13-2002, 09:14 AM
I always use the strong saftey on defense, but I rarely can intercept the ball. I know the 'Y' button makes you jump and the 'X' button makes you dive, but do you even have to hit a button to intercept the ball? Anybody out there good at getting interceptions got any pointers for me? Thanks.

PURPLEKUSH
05-14-2002, 02:30 AM
Hey thats funny dont mean to be rude but it is !!!!

but for your question you had asked about you said!!!!

I know the 'Y' button makes you jump and the 'X' button makes you dive, but do you even have to hit a button to intercept the ball? Anybody out there good at getting interceptions got any pointers for me? Thanks.

well you do have to press the Y button it is really easy to intercep a pass by pressing Y and staying under the pass....and another thing they would be times when your defence will intercep a pass over his head BUT they dont do it all the time....I say the best way you are going to intercep the pass is when the player you are playing with is looking towards the ball and press Y at the wright time when ever the ball is close by....and if you press Y to early he will put his hands up to early and then when he
puts them down the ball gets there and the next player has it in his hands running with the ball.

CharlieHustle
05-15-2002, 04:31 PM
You should also not wait on the yellow circle to catch the ball, cuz the receiver will catch it over you all the time. Catch the ball at its highest point, or shall i say, about 3 feet in front of the circle, so you can jump to catch the ball, its more convenient. I have had a ton of pickswith the SS (also who i play with), and with the MLB (who i play with when playin cover 2 , 3, or cloud).

Sidewinder727
05-17-2002, 03:55 PM
My team also has trouble intercepting the ball. Sometimes the ball is coming right at my defensive player, instead of catching it they deflect it.

Marc
05-18-2002, 12:32 PM
I hate when that happens. The ball is gonna hit the guy right on the numbers and he makes a big deal out of smacking it down instead of picking it off. I don't know how to prevent it either.

PURPLEKUSH
05-19-2002, 07:57 PM
So what teams do you gamers usually play with on the game of football????

Marc
05-20-2002, 12:26 AM
tennessee titans...always.

Dub
05-22-2002, 10:30 AM
I always use the 49ers when I play.

I've had 3 INTs in my X-Box Madden career and they've all came using the 'Y' button to jump for the ball, but they are so hard to come by. I really hope they make the next Madden a little better at intercepting the ball. One more thing I don't like is that the hits I make with the SS don't look as real on Madden as they do on 2K2 for some reason. I may have to eventually switch to 2K2.

PURPLEKUSH
05-22-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Dub
I always use the 49ers when I play.

I've had 3 INTs in my X-Box Madden career and they've all came using the 'Y' button to jump for the ball, but they are so hard to come by. I really hope they make the next Madden a little better at intercepting the ball. One more thing I don't like is that the hits I make with the SS don't look as real on Madden as they do on 2K2 for some reason. I may have to eventually switch to 2K2.

lets talks about the INTs part you said you only have had 3 in your madden franchise seasons....well how many years have you been playing in the game and how many minutes to play a game....
In order to INT a pass you have to learn your defence first....as in your audible and not only just your audibles you have to learn it all....read the offence ..flip your play..Defensive line shift..Linebacker shift and the last one Coverage audibles....and you probably already know how to pump up a crowd that ones not that hard....
and on the last one you had mentioned is that you hope they make Madden a little better at intercepting to ball....well what i think is you need to just get better....I have been playing my franchise seasons at 7 minutes a "Q" and i like playing it on All Madden as the skill level. and I am on my fourth year playing....but what i am trying to say is every game i play i have 2 to 3 INT every game and it never fails....one more thing try playing one of your friends on the game ....But make sure when you play any body at any time put the skill level up to All Madden....the reason for that is like you should know by now every player plays at there very best.... OH yeah and about that other football game you also mentioned " 2k2 " i have never played it so i couldent say nathing about it till i play it....BUT what i can say is every football game i have ever played are not like the Maddens games....what i mean by that is Maddens games are more realistic like a football game should be....I am not saying that the rest of the football games out there are fack or weak or nathing I just like to play a game that reasembles the real thing NFL football.... and Madden has that in his football games.!!!!

I NEVER PLAY WITH NO OTHER TEAM THEN THE DALLAS COWBOYS

Dub
05-25-2002, 04:52 PM
Like I said earlier, I always use the SS on defense and always play 5 minute quarters on All-Madden level. I just finished year 4 of my franchise and I've never intercepted the ball personally versus the computer. My 3 career INTs have come playing against friends. It's like when I play the computer, they hardly ever throw to my side of the field, or if they do, they will throw deep when I'm up closer, or throw short when I'm playing deeper. My INT chances are few and far between it seems.

My team usually gets at least 1 INT a game, but me personally, none versus the computer.

PURPLEKUSH
06-20-2002, 11:44 PM
SO hey gamer how is it going on your INT on the game..GOOD i really hope.. have you been playing Madden alot lately or have you cut back on it.. just courious :) ..I really cant wait till Madden 2003 comes out though ima have that game quik im am needing that game.. lol ..I really like playing Madden every day but if i am not challenging no body i'll often play another game....