PDA

View Full Version : a lil more on Dead 2 Rights..screen shots via link

DZNUTZ
05-13-2002, 11:46 AM
Dead to Rights Screenshots
By Cesar
05.12.2002 @ 02:44 PM

Dead to Rights debuting on the Xbox video game system from Microsoft, is Namco Hometek's largest in-house developed game to date. Namco plans to take advantage of the advanced graphics technology on Xbox by using bump-mapping pixel shaders for game characters. Other unique features planned for Dead to Rights on Xbox include 16:9 anamorphic wide screen support and real-time directional Dolby Digital sound effects.

A new maximum-velocity, supercharged Action Noir thriller, it features a never-before-seen mixture of storyline, game play elements and mechanics, as well as character interaction. Dead to Rights is the story of Jack Slate, an innocent cop sentenced to death, makes a daring escape from the Iron Point Maximum-Security Penetentiary. Driven to bring the criminal element that framed him to justice, Slate hunts the hunters in this gritty, crime-noir inspired epic. With super-charged game play, jaw-dropping graphics and hard-boiled storytelling, Dead to Rights raises the bar on the crime action-thriller genre.
follow link for pics

http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=3042

mmmm 16:9.....plus this game looks great

GRAVEDIGGER
05-13-2002, 11:57 AM
This game is gonna be great IMO, i like the premice of it, and according to the game developers(Quote from XBN) "you could theoretically go through the game without firing a single shot"

That alone shows the depth of the game.

Untill next time...:mad:

Unreal
05-13-2002, 12:15 PM
This game reminds me too much of Max Payne. A fugitive cop out to clear his name. Do not get me wrong Max Payne is a great game to be compared to. At least as of right now, Dead 2 Rights will take advantage of some Xbox features.

Duke
05-13-2002, 12:24 PM
It's definitely at least a renter. My only problem with these type of games is that they don't really have any replay value.

Don't know much about it, and if there are some out there that are fun to play through more than once, let me know.