PDA

View Full Version : Xbox sales remain high

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-13-2002, 02:14 PM
XBOX sales have kept momentum in the second week since the price drop from $649 to $399. Figures from market research firm Inform show retailers sold 6997 Xbox consoles last week, compared with 3566 PlayStation 2 consoles. Xbox sales were down from 12,681 the previous week, when the price cut took effect.

But before the price cut, retailers were selling just 1500 Xbox consoles each week. Xbox is now $100 cheaper than the PS2 but $70 more expensive than Nintendo's GameCube, due to launch next week. Inform research manager Phil Burnham said the price drop had "definitely" paid off for Microsoft.

three cheers for m$ hip hip hurray!

faceoff508
05-13-2002, 02:16 PM
Looks like the Xbox is doing well.... but ProudXboxowner can you slow down on the posts..it looks like your spamming(sp) the forums!

Ninja Scroll
05-13-2002, 02:18 PM
Well price drops will boost anyones console numbers.
I think my MS doing to this soon shows some weakness in their sales.
I mean, my beloved Dreamcast didnt drop it's price this soon when it first came out.
This has got to be a record for a new console to drop in price soooo soon!

If MS would just buy eXclusive 3rd party games for Xbox they would not have anything to worry about.

I dont look at the drop in price as something exciting, it's more of giving in to the pressure to sell systems if you ask me.:)

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-13-2002, 02:19 PM
yeah i realize that but i was so overwhelmed with these good news that i could'nt stop myself!sorry!

Xtopia
05-13-2002, 02:20 PM
That is great news!

And I don't think he is spamming...all of his posts (unless I have missed some) have been of high quality. I.E. Cool news, well written, etc. Keep up the good work!

Ninja Scroll
05-13-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Looks like the Xbox is doing well.... but ProudXboxowner can you slow down on the posts..it looks like your spamming(sp) the forums!

I think he just took his daily dose of XBA posting machine pills!
:D

But as long as he's posting worthwhile threads and post I have no problems. But if it's just for da sake of posting then we have a problem Houston!:cool:

Xbox Owner
05-13-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
That is great news!

And I don't think he is spamming...all of his posts (unless I have missed some) have been of high quality. I.E. Cool news, well written, etc. Keep up the good work!

Yeah, I agree, but he does have to lay off the exclamation marks.:rolleyes:

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-13-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner

Yeah, I agree, but he does have to lay off the exclamation marks.:rolleyes:
i will try too but believe me its not as irritating as ur siggy's size!plz resize it.no offence.

Nerrad529
05-14-2002, 02:03 AM
yeah yeah xbox keep up the good work I like to see we actually out solded ps2. Even if it was just one week.