PDA

View Full Version : do u think morrowmind's delays have killed it's hype?

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-13-2002, 04:35 PM
vote!i for one believe that it will be a great game when ever it comes out!a benchmark for DA console namely "XBOX".

faceoff508
05-13-2002, 04:37 PM
not really but it has harmed a part of it

UltraMuffin
05-13-2002, 04:44 PM
I think the hype gets stronger when you have to wait longer... just hope it can live up to the hype... I'm trying to keep my expectations reasonable.

Kooster
05-13-2002, 05:03 PM
What is the new release date? June?? I dont care about this game anymore.

UltraMuffin
05-13-2002, 05:09 PM
Well, at least we got E3 to look forward to in a week or so.

DZNUTZ
05-13-2002, 05:11 PM
well it better be good...it and hunter..if either of these games suck...it will probably be the last time i order online

wweomaniac
05-13-2002, 06:00 PM
no... now people just want it more. People tend to want what they don't have. Has anyone seen the Cartmanland episode of South Park... Thats my exapmle. Ppl want it more now.

preetz16
05-13-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
no... now people just want it more. People tend to want what they don't have. Has anyone seen the Cartmanland episode of South Park... Thats my exapmle. Ppl want it more now.

Yeah, I agree. Forgive my ignorance, but why do they want that episode now? Is it banned or something? I have seen it and I don't remember anything overly offensive in it, but maybe I missed something. Fill me in...

l Maximus l
05-13-2002, 06:06 PM
Like I've always said, if you're a person that cannot take the pain and agony of delayed games, then, how can you call yourself a gamer? I'm not referring to anyone specific, but, delayed games are the nature of the industry. Every gamer knows this.

Why would you want a game that wasn't completely finished or perfected only to find out that a great game can't be played on your system perfectly?

Take Max Payne for example. When it goes into the comic book storylines, you'll notice a quick pause. This happens because it is a direct PC port and a console doesn't have these problems. I think it's important, in regards to Morrowind, to work out the tiniest glitches just to make the game the best it can possibly be. Do we have to wait 2 more weeks to get this? Oh, forbid! :rolleyes:

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-13-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Like I've always said, if you're a person that cannot take the pain and agony of delayed games, then, how can you call yourself a gamer? I'm not referring to anyone specific, but, delayed games are the nature of the industry. Every gamer knows this.

Why would you want a game that wasn't completely finished or perfected only to find out that a great game can't be played on your system perfectly?

Take Max Payne for example. When it goes into the comic book storylines, you'll notice a quick pause. This happens because it is a direct PC port and a console doesn't have these problems. I think it's important, in regards to Morrowind, to work out the tiniest glitches just to make the game the best it can possibly be. Do we have to wait 2 more weeks to get this? Oh, forbid! :rolleyes:
well all i can say is that u have a patience of a saint.

UltraMuffin
05-13-2002, 06:11 PM
So the game you've been looking forward to for a long time gets delayed a buncha times... when the time comes that it actually is released, the fact that it was delayed is gonna make you go "Oh, I'm not interested in that anymore..." Maybe that's some sorta defense mechanism of your brain to protect itself from being dissappointed hehe.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-13-2002, 06:14 PM
bye 4 today peeps.will check in tommorow!!.

wweomaniac
05-13-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by preetz16

Yeah, I agree. Forgive my ignorance, but why do they want that episode now? Is it banned or something? I have seen it and I don't remember anything overly offensive in it, but maybe I missed something. Fill me in...
Well... Cartman buys a theme park and won't let anyone in but himself. Because he is the only person allowed in, everyone else wants to get in. Soon he starts allowing a few people to get in. This gets ecveryone in south aprk more hyped. And soon after realizing he has to let more people in to pay for the park expenses, and sooner or later... his park is a major success, but his main goal was to keep the park to himself. get it??

monkeyman
05-13-2002, 07:58 PM
god ****ing hell no if anything it has made me want to get it more you see i think about this game about every 5 seconds and i get more and more and more excited if you cant handle a few delays then you dont deserve to have the game and also you know this game will be great because of the delays because it will just keep getting better and better cause they will like fix it i right now am in pain about this game i just cant fricken wait but i am because i know it will be great trust me just because of some delays you dont want this game or something anymore??? thats pathetic you know this game will be even better because of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i need to use caps and periods and stuff

Pakkratt
05-13-2002, 08:39 PM
I am looking forward to this game. I think that the delays are hurting the "Hype" some though.

Hooligan!
05-13-2002, 09:39 PM
Well, I think that all those delays hurted the hype a bit.
In fact, I used to want this game so much, couple days ago, that I ordered a inflatable chair with FLAMES :cool: on it (It simply rock! www.bubblechair.com , look in the super bubble chair section, you can't miss it!) just to have a good seat to play Morrowind all night long. But since it is delayed, i'm not really hyped like i was before...and even my chair is now backorder so I have to wait 2 more weeks :mad: :mad: :mad:

Master Gracey
05-13-2002, 10:23 PM
I dunno... I think there's a threshold past which you should not delay the game (unless there are SERIOUS bugs).

Look at GTA3 for example. I was once so pumped about this game coming out on Xbox that it was the only game I truly wanted. Now I don't care whether it comes out or not. And the way Rockstar won't say ANYTHING either means they're toying with Xbox fans (for god-knows-what reason) or they made a deal with Sony, which is just stupid business sense. They could have easily sold a million units on Xbox with the game's hype and controversy. By the time something DOES come out, all that will be gone and better games will be on the horizon.

Morrowind hasn't quite reached that threshold yet. As the only TRUE RPG in Xbox's near future, it'd be hard not to want this game, no matter what the release date. What Bethesda needs to worry about is not whether the hype will die down, but how many people they're going to cheese off with the constant delays.

WynnFire
05-13-2002, 11:38 PM
All Hope may not be lost. This may not make sense right now but bear with me.

I work for Blockbuster Video and our computers don't say how many copies of something we are going to get until about 1 to 2 weeks before we get them. Ever since I heard about Morrowind, I have checked our computers to see if we had any on order and to see what the release date we had. Well, our release date has been the day the Xbox came out and we haven't had any on order until TODAY. I have checked just about every week for the past 4 months.

I was checking the computer to see if we had any on order just for the heck of it and there it was. 1 on order. This means that we could get it as early as Friday and Thursday for Retail shops. I just wanted to give hope to those who don't have any anymore. If or when we get it, I will rent it as soon as it comes in. :D

Master Gracey
05-14-2002, 12:11 AM
That's some cool news, WynnFire! :)

I once worked for Blockbuster, but back in '97 they didn't have very good computers. It was even hard to look stuff up like that! You'd have to know the EXACT title as it would be written on the side of the box or you wouldn't get a match. They seem to be much better now.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-14-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by WynnFire
All Hope may not be lost. This may not make sense right now but bear with me.

I work for Blockbuster Video and our computers don't say how many copies of something we are going to get until about 1 to 2 weeks before we get them. Ever since I heard about Morrowind, I have checked our computers to see if we had any on order and to see what the release date we had. Well, our release date has been the day the Xbox came out and we haven't had any on order until TODAY. I have checked just about every week for the past 4 months.

I was checking the computer to see if we had any on order just for the heck of it and there it was. 1 on order. This means that we could get it as early as Friday and Thursday for Retail shops. I just wanted to give hope to those who don't have any anymore. If or when we get it, I will rent it as soon as it comes in. :D
thnx buddy u saved my life!yeah alright i exaggerated a bit but thats some cool news,inside info is what xba is all about.