PDA

View Full Version : Xboxlive NTSC & PAL

CodeMonkey
05-13-2002, 04:37 PM
Hi ppl, Ok with xboxlive, does anyone know if its going to allow NTSC and PAL consoles to link up, due to MS dedicated servers? also if you have seen the xboxlive video(which is rather funny i must add) shows many ppl joining a game from all over, and what seems to be a guy from the UK..
anyone know about this one or is it a case for E3!!

Cheers for your help

:D

khaos2005
05-13-2002, 04:47 PM
I was pondering the same thing. Someone please explain the deal.

cornflake
05-13-2002, 04:49 PM
eastcoast server connect 2 westcoast server YAY AYAAY d/zc.

techie
05-13-2002, 06:55 PM
Yes, MS does plan for both formats to be able to play
online together. Here's a bit from Xbox.com.....

The gamers in North America should be playing the gamers in Japan, who are playing the gamers in Europe – all in real-time, and all with the same level of immersive game play that can only be found on Xbox! I'm not talking about jumping through hoops to get playing online, either. Xbox is about getting you into the game FAST, and online gaming will be no exception. Put the game disc into Xbox, power up, and you're there – with your friends from a different neighborhood, a different time zone, or a different continent.

Here is a link to the article:

http://www.xbox.com/news/0204/stateofxboxv-9.htm

dave_m123
05-13-2002, 07:00 PM
excellent news as i was worried that it would only be people in the same region who could play each other.

CodeMonkey
05-13-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by techie
Yes, MS does plan for both formats to be able to play
online together. Here's a bit from Xbox.com.....

The gamers in North America should be playing the gamers in Japan, who are playing the gamers in Europe – all in real-time, and all with the same level of immersive game play that can only be found on Xbox! I'm not talking about jumping through hoops to get playing online, either. Xbox is about getting you into the game FAST, and online gaming will be no exception. Put the game disc into Xbox, power up, and you're there – with your friends from a different neighborhood, a different time zone, or a different continent.

Here is a link to the article:

http://www.xbox.com/news/0204/stateofxboxv-9.htm

Cheers for the Info techie...its nice to know that MS are thinking of all gamers from all over, having great gaming pleasure know matter where u are from:D

dave_m123
05-13-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey

Cheers for the Info techie...its nice to know that MS are thinking of all gamers from all over, having great gaming pleasure know matter where u are from:D

Yep even for gamers in wales can use it ;) :D LOL only joking hehe

I think one problem with this may be coming up against people who dont speak your particular language in most cases that will be english but there may be occasions when its different. It should be a small issue though nothing major.

techie
05-13-2002, 07:24 PM
Yeah, it'll be pretty sweet to play with people from
all over the globe. Of course since I suck so badly
at online games, I'll probably learn how to say
LOSER! in a lot of different languages!! hehe..