PDA

View Full Version : Is the Halo honeymoon over?

jumper
05-13-2002, 05:57 PM
Being that it's almost summer (in this neck of the woods anyway) it seems like the Halo excitement might be fading. I have read some peoples statements that suggest that they would rather be outside than playing an 8-on-8 LAN game. As if they would rather have a frisbee, softball bat or any number of drinks in hand instead of a controller. I would suggest that they take the box and the tube out in the back yard and play from there. But that's just me.

What do you think? Is the master chiefs melee losing it's strength? Is the need to kill the opponent becoming more of an "I could live without it"? Don't get me wrong, I know we could all live without it in a literal sense. I am talking about that burning need to have the most kills, flags, assists, or least deaths. Or all of the above.

Alien
05-13-2002, 06:21 PM
I still like HALO. I don't play as often, but when I do, same fun level. Cept I am better now, so it takes away the challenge sorta.

Alien
05-13-2002, 06:22 PM
In the one above, I was talking about Single Player HALO. Didnt want to sound ****y about myself being good at multiplayer, because I aint.

monkeyman
05-13-2002, 07:37 PM
yes thats me right there i have been playing halo fora longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggg time because i have been waiting for morrowind and im sad horrified and freak that im actually getting very bored with it.......:(

dear lord thats not good

Xtopia
05-13-2002, 08:22 PM
I am not, and never will be sick of Halo! Nuff said!

P.S. Online Halo is awesome!

Pakkratt
05-13-2002, 08:28 PM
I love playing Halo on-line. I don't think I can get tired of it anytime soon.

xboxman_1
05-14-2002, 08:10 PM
I'm definetly getting very bored w/ halo. It used to be back in the day, (january) that a flag capture at damnation where you partner got shot to death right as he throws the flag to you over the waterfall was justification to jump up and down and shout and laugh at the other team for failing to protect the flag. That was in a 15 capture game. Now it seems we get bored halfway through a 3 capture game. And halo online got boring w/ the lag and people making g.ay rules. (no radar, no shields, too much health, sucky vehicles, and the worst of all, 10 second respawn times in a CTF.)

ScorpionX
05-14-2002, 08:43 PM
Its definitely not as fun as it used to be. Online is still fun, but it is repetitive. Everyone wants to play the same thing and it gets annoying.

Huckleberry
05-15-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
I'm definetly getting very bored w/ halo. It used to be back in the day, (january) that a flag capture at damnation where you partner got shot to death right as he throws the flag to you over the waterfall was justification to jump up and down and shout and laugh at the other team for failing to protect the flag. That was in a 15 capture game. Now it seems we get bored halfway through a 3 capture game. And halo online got boring w/ the lag and people making g.ay rules. (no radar, no shields, too much health, sucky vehicles, and the worst of all, 10 second respawn times in a CTF.)

ha...we play 15 second respawn times, and NEVER use radar. why would you want to? having to keep your eyes open, searching for where the *$(&@*&@$ is that keeps pistol sniping you...that's the best!

Alien
05-15-2002, 06:17 AM
Yeah, me and friends usualy play with: No Shields, No radar, all vehicles (if stage supports them) and then 100 health.

Plewis
05-15-2002, 10:52 AM
i play shields, radar, infinite grenades and all vehicles... and I never really got to obsessed with Halo so I have not gotten bored with it, and I dont think I ever will:)

Xtopia
05-15-2002, 01:30 PM
If you are getting sick of Halo....

Try 'spicing' it up a little....make games with 50% health, or no-shields. They are fun! Do rocket CTF's. Do TS w/rockets. Do zero-shield CTF. Try doing doing CTF's at maps you have never done them before. Do all shotgun games. 50% heath shotgun games.

Basiclly, get creative! You will find something you love! Or, if you have been playing a lot Halo M-player, go back to the campaign.:)

silvertrace
05-15-2002, 04:54 PM
i've been playin halo online forever.........since late january to be precise, and its getting kinda old, but its still too much fun to put down.........like xtopia said, changing the gametypes up makes for interesting games........king of the hill sounds stupid, but try it in gulch with all vehicles and rockets and infinite grenades.......or try all shotguns koth in longest or chiron............the gametypes are endless............don't even get me started on ctf..............:eek:

**silvertrace fires up his xbox preparing to play some more halo.......... :rolleyes:

its like crack, i gotta have it...........:eek:

jumper
05-15-2002, 09:45 PM
We played for about 15 hours this past Saturday. Any where from 2 on 2 to 8 on 8. We did our usual 5 hrs on Monday too. I just finished the single player and have no desire to do it again but multiplayer, that I can't get enough of.

I love hearing my name cursed in frustration and when someone is so on that I can't move a few steps without being killed. I love it when the team works so well that the runner never gets touched or the flag gets returned one step from the opposing team scoring it. I love when the teams equal out so well that there is no score until someone has to get up to use the bathroom.

Good times. I just hope that people hang on to it at least till a new and possibly better (Bungie, I'm counting on you) game comes along. I hope it goes longer but I'm realistic.

Like the Marathon series(many,many hours with that game), I think Bungie will continue to entertain us for a few more rounds. Except this time it's not just the awesome Mac users that get to participate.

RadRider
05-15-2002, 10:29 PM
In response to the original post, I was bored with Halo after I beat it on Legendary. I beat the last level first, then worked backward, and you get nothing at all! This severely ****ed me off, and kept me away from the game for some time. I've played it a few times over the last couple months, but the game just doesn't seem to be as revolutionary as everyone says. Maybe it's the severely segmented levels, un-cooperative style of play in the coop mode, lack of any extras at all, lack of bots in multiplayer, or lack of online. Or maybe it's because I'm anti-Xbox (which I'm not). Quite frankly, I don't know. Obviously I'm not one of many here, but I just figured that I should voice my opinion - as I often do. :)

silvertrace
05-15-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
In response to the original post, I was bored with Halo after I beat it on Legendary. I beat the last level first, then worked backward, and you get nothing at all! This severely ****ed me off, and kept me away from the game for some time. I've played it a few times over the last couple months, but the game just doesn't seem to be as revolutionary as everyone says. Maybe it's the severely segmented levels, un-cooperative style of play in the coop mode, lack of any extras at all, lack of bots in multiplayer, or lack of online. Or maybe it's because I'm anti-Xbox (which I'm not). Quite frankly, I don't know. Obviously I'm not one of many here, but I just figured that I should voice my opinion - as I often do. :)

its cool u have an opinion, i respect that.........but if u have broadband and haven't played halo online ur missing out.........:D

being able to play halo without having ur friends looking at ur split screen is without a doubt one of the funnest experiences...:eek:

RadRider
05-15-2002, 11:01 PM
I have, and quite frankly, I think online Halo is sub-par. It's one thing to play online games online, but when you're playing Halo online, something's missing. You can't talk, or type trash to anyone. Everyone looks identical - hence, the game lacks personality online.
Personally, I think 8 player Halo over a LAN was awesome, and the online experience doesn't come close. That's particularly why I'm hyped for Brute Force - because it's built specifically for online. So hopefully the experience will have more personality.

Dilr0y
05-16-2002, 12:37 AM
I have, and quite frankly, I think online Halo is sub-par. It's one thing to play online games online, but when you're playing Halo online, something's missing. You can't talk, or type trash to anyone. Everyone looks identical - hence, the game lacks personality online.
Personally, I think 8 player Halo over a LAN was awesome, and the online experience doesn't come close. That's particularly why I'm hyped for Brute Force - because it's built specifically for online. So hopefully the experience will have more personality.

Perfectly put. Well done man!

RadRider
05-16-2002, 03:04 PM
Ha! Thanks. I'm glad you guys aren't crazy rabid fans who want to kill me now. :)

jumper
05-17-2002, 01:21 AM
Ha! Thanks. I'm glad you guys aren't crazy rabid fans who want to kill me now. :)

Only in a game...only in a game of Halo.:cool:

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
If you are getting sick of Halo....

Try 'spicing' it up a little...Basiclly, get creative! You will find something you love! Or, if you have been playing a lot Halo M-player, go back to the campaign.:)

Much thanks to the kinky marriage counselor.;)

I agree try new things.

I don't think the honeymoon is over. Halo has nearly infiinite replay value, and I think its made itself a legend. I'll never grow tired of multiplayer halo. And I'll almost never grow tired of campaign halo.

OppiumNitrates
05-21-2002, 02:03 PM

no trash talkin . . .
no personallity . . .

r u sure ur playing Halo online . . . everyone has their own name and plating style . . . thats personallity
i think u got it backward Halo online gives u the chance to play people accross the country 8 player LAN only lets u play people that r there with u, which if u get to know there styles of play can get boring, so i think that the LAN experiance cant match the Online

NightCapper
05-21-2002, 02:39 PM
Doesn't seem like u people are too sick of the game if u have a whole THREAD about it. . . LOL u people online crack me up always complaneing, if u dont like the game trade it in for a better one and stop talking about it. Halo. . . Halo. . . Halo. . .Hmmm. . .lets see here. . . .Halo:cool:

jumper
05-23-2002, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by NightCapper
Doesn't seem like u people are too sick of the game if u have a whole THREAD about it. . . LOL u people online crack me up always complaneing, if u dont like the game trade it in for a better one and stop talking about it. Halo. . . Halo. . . Halo. . .Hmmm. . .lets see here. . . .Halo:cool:

This is funny. You obviously spent the money your parents gave you for comedian school, on comedian school. I realize you wrote this for the response/reaction factor but it truly is funny and a reply is in order.

"u people online"? And you were off-line when you posted this and your other 38 posts to xboxaddict?

Anyways, thanks for the humor. It was entertaining.

P.S.
Halo...Halo...Halo...Halo...Halo...Halo... and Halo. It is the only xbox game.:p

Brando131
05-23-2002, 07:03 PM
I've played Halo a lot and i loved it at first but then it just sort of got boring. Guess we'll just have to wait for #2.

NightCapper
05-23-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by jumper

This is funny. You obviously spent the money your parents gave you for comedian school, on comedian school. I realize you wrote this for the response/reaction factor but it truly is funny and a reply is in order.

"u people online"? And you were off-line when you posted this and your other 38 posts to xboxaddict?

Anyways, thanks for the humor. It was entertaining.

P.S.
Halo...Halo...Halo...Halo...Halo...Halo... and Halo. It is the only xbox game.:p
As long as u are laughin' bro it's cool. Yeah, i was offline when i posted it. . .LOL
no harm ment to "u people online" i just ment that the Halo honeymoon will never end as long as humans thurst for violence. And with that said it could be a long long time before that happens. . .LOL
Keep killin' em:cool:

Anthony4sho
05-26-2002, 09:34 PM
I dunno bout the rest of u, but i'm never gonna get bored of halo, espcially not the multiplayer modes. Lmao i get a kick when i splack ma friendz 4rom behind.

Alien
05-27-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by NightCapper
u people online crack me up always "complaneing"
No one was really "complaneing" about HALO, just saying their opinions on if it's getting boring or not.

Warthog
05-27-2002, 06:07 PM
One of my freinds got a xbox and we played a two hour game of halo and not only that whenever we are togeter we always play halo, we have evan invented our on game inside of halo, screw aroud or play co operative and try to get warthogs in places that our unrealistic, i have gotton a warthog in a tree half way down to silent cartogrefer out of blood gulch base thats just warthogs,
HALO WILL ALWAYS BE FUN FUN FUN

manhole
05-28-2002, 12:23 AM
I started losing interest in Halo, and then I decided to buy the prequal to the game "The Fall of Reach". Believe me, after reading this book, the whole game makes so much sense (especially the intro). I can not get enough Halo again, and especially can't wait for Halo 2 to come out so I can see what happens next. I hope they focus on continuing the story, rather than only online.

So to all of you who are getting bored of Halo, read the book "The Fall of Reach", its only $6.99, and its the best $6.99 I've ever spent. Even if you don't like reading books, you'll like this one.

UnitedKingdom
05-28-2002, 09:15 AM
I could never say a bad word about halo, unless one day it wouldn't load up. I'm always playing it on co-op with the same friend and we love it as much as when it came out. We tend to drink a lot of alchol when playing so this probably helps us enjoy it more! I'm dying to play halo on-line!

The Reverend
05-29-2002, 04:04 PM
It sounds to me that the people who are bored of it are mostly bored of the actual game in which you are Master Chief, not the games in which you play against other people. Halo will never get boring when you can play against others. Too many good matchups and duels happen. Nothing like hearing your name screamed in utter frustration as you continually kill your friends.

ScorpionX
05-29-2002, 04:14 PM
I seem to be getting bored of it....very. There are levels that are getting extremely boring and are way to overplayed. It is only fun when there are a lot of people playing with you instead of only 2 or 3 people.

smokey1tightgur
05-29-2002, 10:46 PM
I don't think i could ever get bored....hehe....all those covenant to kill...

Besides i try to think of the most creative way to kill a creature
(like trying to snipe them with a pistol when they are barely dots on your screen)

I also try to go through the entire campaign using thoughs stupid blaster guns that run out of batteries (I have yet to get through Legendary on that...it took me three hours to get through the first level)

BlackDemon
05-31-2002, 02:46 PM
Even though the fun might be fadding online is always a great way to spend time and get to kill a bunch of people.

Rochey69r
06-01-2002, 08:41 AM
Halo, great name. the first time i heard the name halo i wanted to know more. i saw the gameplay from gamestock 01 and was amazed!

i downloaded a 186MB movie with a 56k modem.

when i got my xbox with halo on launch (march 14th 02)

my gaming life has changed.

the campaign mode is good. i loved playing it through the first time!!

multi is great! this mode makes almost unlim lifespan!

up to 16 players
huge levels
vehicles!!
CTF
unlim grenades!!

it rocks!!

i reccomend anyone that owns an xbox and has not played halo to go out and buy it straight away!

trust me you will love ....... Halo.

Xbox Owner
06-01-2002, 10:06 AM
Yes, I have been bored with Halo, and I havn't played it for a couple of weeks, but that won't be the case, come Xbox Live!:)

Crazy Joe
06-02-2002, 01:49 AM

sorry to burst your bubble man, but Brute Force has absolutely no plans for online, just System Link, so it'll be the same as Halo in that respect.

SpartanSniper
06-06-2002, 02:32 PM
Halo has and always will rule!!

I still play Halo every day just to keep my skill up. I still LOVE it. It's just PERFECT. I've already beat Legendary 5+ times by myself.

Halo = Heaven!!

~ SpartanSniper

jumper
06-06-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
Yes, I have been bored with Halo, and I havn't played it for a couple of weeks, but that won't be the case, come Xbox Live!:)

I can't imagine that would be the case if you were playing multi on a regular basis. I almost didn't go to our Monday night frag fest this week because I didn't feel well. I went anyway, had a blast, and did pretty good. I even felt better afterwards. Who knew? Halo has medicinal value?

XBox Owner, I have to mention your awesome sig image. I feel exactly the same way about Mario. One of the best I've seen.

SpartanSniper
06-07-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by jumper
XBox Owner, I have to mention your awesome sig image. I feel exactly the same way about Mario. One of the best I've seen.

Don't we all feel that way? I do.

~ SpartanSniper

thorpe420
06-08-2002, 01:02 AM
Halo rocks!!!!!!!!!

SpartanSniper
06-08-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by thorpe420
Halo rocks!!!!!!!!!

OF COURSE!!!!!!:cool:

~ SpartanSniper