PDA

View Full Version : Renting Video Games Online???

SkoalMint
05-14-2002, 06:11 AM
With Blockbuster announcing a program to allow customers to rent unlimited games for $19.95/month (max 2 games out at a time), I was wondering if anyone here has tried any of the online sites that do this. Personally, I hate my local Blockbuster. It took them 3 months after launch to finally start carrying XBox games and they charge more than the local Hollywood Video. Therefore, I was thinking about trying one of the online services, but before I do, I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys. You can check out some of the sites here (http://dealdude.com/videogamerental.html?source=spk) Thanks in advance.

Alien
05-14-2002, 06:16 AM
I wouldn't do that, I'd just go to my local video game store and rent them.

Nato King
05-14-2002, 01:14 PM
I don't really rent from blockbuster because in bermuda we don't have a blockbuster. I am going away the end of this month and I will be renting from blockbuster like running water.:) I don't think I will do it online.

melon
05-14-2002, 01:29 PM
wow blockbuster does that? i would never rent games online though..no need to really

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-14-2002, 01:40 PM
i tried netfilx it was cool for dvd's does it have xbox games?

Trusty Mutsi
05-14-2002, 02:09 PM
I was thinking about using one of the online game rental places. I tried www.redoctane.com for a free rental promotion. The game that I ordered wasn't in, even thought the site said it was, but after it shipped everything went well. If you do the $20 a month, you get 2 games you can keep as long as you want, and then send them back when you're done for your next 2 games.

My only problem with it is that it takes a while to ship. Realistically, you might be able to rent you 2 games twice a month. that's 4 games a month for $20. That's not much of a savings for me, but if it was at my local blockbuster it would be better as there is no shipping time. I think I might try Blockbusters deal once it starts, and also maybe do the rent and then buy for a discount thingy:) You rent a game, and then if you buy that same game from BB you get a $5 discount. Great idea.

Hugh_Jass
05-14-2002, 03:33 PM
RedOctane isn't good for immediate gratification, that's for sure.

Frostberg
05-14-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
RedOctane isn't good for immediate gratification, that's for sure.

lol your not kidding! I was thinking about signing up for it, but then I looked at all the expected dates and it would take like 2 months to get any games! I looked at Boomerang fron a popup here at XBA and it looks good, but I cant find where they tell you the expected ship date anywhere...