PDA

View Full Version : Next-gen console: what will it be?

Hooligan!
05-14-2002, 09:22 AM
Hey guys,

I hardly figure out how will look the next-gen console's graphics, do you?
Please if you have any ideas/suggestions/infos on next-gen consoles, write it! :) It could be a good thread :)

Ninja Scroll
05-14-2002, 09:37 AM
Welcome the Xbox Addict's awesome forums Hooligan!:)

But im a little confused as to what you are asking.:confused: Are you wanting to know what we think of how the prospects of the next wave of console will be like? As how you we think the graphical ships will be with power ofr something like dat?:eek:

Hooligan!
05-14-2002, 11:18 AM
duh! I knew that my poor english would cause me troubles to explain my self heheh, I'm sorry!

Well, I mean, what will be the next features on the next-gen console? Will we play game like Halo and the graphics will be so much better than the one we have actually that the game itself will look like a real-life movie? I hope you catch what I try to ask.. hehe :)

l Maximus l
05-14-2002, 12:09 PM
Personally, I think that down the road, probably several years from now, we will see games that will not even need televisions! They will be more of a hologram. Basically, I'm trying to say that there will be a console that will sit level on a table or the floor that will produce an image that will hover above it as if it's really there. It will look as if the images are real, however, we will be able to pass our hands through it :D

Hooligan!
05-14-2002, 12:21 PM
yeah I guess holographic consoles would be kinda kool but I dunno I would'nt feel "into the game" as much as I can on my 32 inch Wega TV (Sony kick asses for tvs :D)
I would go for something like the Nintendo Virtual Boy, kind of "virtual glasses" with a suit and gloves and all the kit to "feel" the action in the game (like having a Covenant grenade on you, burning your skin then exploding :P)
That would be rad!

DZNUTZ
05-14-2002, 12:21 PM
i think the next console will be the DZNUTZANATOR5....it will be fully VR with a optical headset that will fully engulf you in the new realm of gaming.

my first killer app is gonna be a rpg where your put in life of me....so i hope ya'll like voilence, sex, money and drugs...and lots of Guinness. ( hmmm i wonder if rockstar will file a case?)

Dre
05-14-2002, 12:29 PM
I think that as technology progresses we'll be seeing graphics rivaling those of Toy Story, Final Fantasy the movie and Monsters Inc. CG is the way of the future for console games if you ask me. It looks close enough to real without it looking real. I personally don't want a game that looks real-life unless its something like racing or some other "sim" type game. I think that maybe 1 or 2 consoles down the line (5-10 yrs) we should be seeing graphics like this. Imagine playing a game that looks just like the final fantasy movie.. sweetness...

Dre
05-14-2002, 12:30 PM
Oh! And as for holograms.. we won't be seeing those for a LONG time. BUT its going to be soo cool when we do have that technology!! I'm a trekkie and seriously I would trade my left nut for a holodeck :D

l Maximus l
05-14-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Oh! And as for holograms.. we won't be seeing those for a LONG time. BUT its going to be soo cool when we do have that technology!! I'm a trekkie and seriously I would trade my left nut for a holodeck :D

Well, I wouldn't go that far...maybe the right one for me, though :D

FuNkY mOnK
05-14-2002, 12:51 PM
The future of gaming, data manipulation and online service interaction will come in the form of virtual reality he who capitalizes on this form of interaction first will benefit far beyond any 2D console.

DZNUTZ
05-14-2002, 01:13 PM
eXactly funky monk !!!..so how many Dznutzanators5 ( yea i know the name needs work)..should i put u down for?

GokuX
05-14-2002, 01:18 PM
The logistics of the Holodeck in Star Trek are whacked. I mean the room is only like 50 feet square and yet somebody is able to walk hundreds of feet away from another person. They never hit the walls.

Dre
05-14-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
The logistics of the Holodeck in Star Trek are whacked. I mean the room is only like 50 feet square and yet somebody is able to walk hundreds of feet away from another person. They never hit the walls.

floor kinda like a massive 360 degree treadmill maybe?

ShannonX
05-14-2002, 05:23 PM
who knows how that works =) i'm a trekkie also, love watching all the episodes again and again, wish the collector sets weren't costing so much though.

Dre
05-14-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
who knows how that works =) i'm a trekkie also, love watching all the episodes again and again, wish the collector sets weren't costing so much though.

Hehehe, yeah.. collector anything seems expensive now. So.. I'm curious.. Voyager, DS9 or TNG or all? :)

kornavs19
05-14-2002, 07:09 PM
holograms would be insane............
I think it would be cool if the graphics were like real..
Example:
( in the begining of a sports game how they have real clips of things... they should make a whole game like that.)

LynxFX
05-15-2002, 11:39 AM
Hologram game playing would definately be interesting and they are getting close to it happening. They already have hologram advertising displays setup in malls. Very cool stuff.

The prospects of the next and next next gen gaming systems make me want to drool but there is still SOOOOO much that can and needs to be done with this gen first.