PDA

View Full Version : Sony slashes prices. Price Wars Begin!

Anonymous
05-14-2002, 10:42 AM
Sony slahes price of PS2 in US to $199.99 TODAY!

MS better get on the ball quick while Sony plans to steal away the thunder!

Sony Slahes Prices (http://www.msnbc.com/news/751908.asp?cp1=1)

l Maximus l
05-14-2002, 11:16 AM
Wow! That's really interesting that Sony did it as soon as TODAY :eek:

I know that Microsoft is going to cut the price of the XBox during E3...I guess Sony wanted to win the psychological battle. If you ask me, personally, I think this price cut for Sony makes a lot of sense considering that all of the add-ons for a hard-drive and on-line support will cost the consumer.

Dudes...when the XBox cuts their price and both Sony and XBox are at $199.99 here in North America, there's almost no point to purchase a DVD player since they cost about the same for a middle-of-the-road player! Of course, people that want progressive scan will buy them, but, this is a major value for consumers! :)

CoMATOSE
05-14-2002, 11:18 AM
its better that sony did it first, cause now microsoft can better evaluate wot price 2 bring it down too...

its all so exciting ain't it:eek:

sinizuh
05-14-2002, 11:57 AM
and only a few days ago, Sony denied all rumors about a PS2 price cut... ****ing corporations lying to us.

oh well... now i might be able to afford a ps2

DrUnKtAnK
05-14-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by sinizuh
and only a few days ago, Sony denied all rumors about a PS2 price cut... ****ing corporations lying to us.

oh well... now i might be able to afford a ps2

It's all a game....But it is interesting that Sony did it before Microsoft, it surprised me along with alot of people....

We will just have to wait and see what the folks in Redmond plan on doing, this will get interesting.....;)

FuNkY mOnK
05-14-2002, 12:39 PM
at e3 M$ should step up and state that xbox from such and such date will sell for 150.00 for a period of time. At that price I’d buy another.