PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Demo Disk....Nice!

DOOM
10-04-2001, 10:02 PM
http://www.funxbox.com/images/label.jpg

http://www.funxbox.com/images/sleeve1.jpg

I Cant Wate To Checkie This Out!!!

Dan Livingston
10-04-2001, 10:32 PM
Does anyone have it? did it come out with the preveiw version of xbox mag? because it's only DVD video, and they've been claiming for months that the stuff will be interactive.

Maxthndr
10-05-2001, 08:56 AM
No, this "demo" disc is not interactive because it is being released before the xbox launch. I really doubt that this will be the case with future discs, tho. When it sez that you need a xbox dvd kit to play the disc, it contradicts what i sed earlier about the disc being released before xbox launch, right? Wrong. Since this is the first disc, it would be completely wasted if you had to wait a month to play its games. So, it put it into video format so that those of us with dvd players (and eventually xbox dvd kit) will be able to watch these movies. So, this "Video Only" thing will only be for the first disc, and you can expect further discs to include playable demos, cool movies, info, and other things.

To answer your question, Dan, the preview issue does not come with a demo disc because it is just that, a preview issue! The preview issue is like half-issue, half-preview, just combined to make "PREVIEW ISSUE", lol. It has a bunch of games and stuff, along with cool features, but everything else is still PREVIEWED. Things like cheats and reviews, along with FEATURE COLUMNS are just previewed (like, in the real issue, cheats would go here!). I dunno if I would recommend it, as it's really short, and the shrek, obi-wan, and thing pictures are blown up way too much (and yet they still say, "see, no jaggies!"). I kinda liked the 70 reasons to get xbox and the bashing of ps2 and gamecube they did, but I dunno. I'd rather get the real issue.

DOOM
10-05-2001, 09:05 AM
Dude There Were Jaggies In Those Pix Because they Were Taken From Developer Kits Which Dont Utilise FSAA...