PDA

View Full Version : if u were offered the whole final fantasy series on the xbox or halo what will u pick

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-14-2002, 02:28 PM
i will pick halo

faceoff508
05-14-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by PROUDXBOXOWNER
i will pick halo

duhhhhhhhhh!!

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-14-2002, 03:07 PM
who voted for ff????

VenoM
05-14-2002, 03:51 PM
FF sucks and always will....i HATE rpgs with the lame boring non free fighting style where you have to choose what attack to do or what spell to use on the creature...freaking stupid having to stand there looking at the enemy in the face fighting him for over 10 minutes...SUCKS!!....oh, and i choose HALO of course!! :)

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-14-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
FF sucks and always will....i HATE rpgs with the lame boring non free fighting style where you have to choose what attack to do or what spell to use on the creature...freaking stupid having to stand there looking at the enemy in the face fighting him for over 10 minutes...SUCKS!!....oh, and i choose HALO of course!! :)
thats racism no wait genreism to our rpg loving brothers.

Spaztic
05-14-2002, 03:56 PM
FF is the weakest RPG ever! don't be fooled buy it's great cutscenes! I honestly don't believe people love this game! Obviously they haven't played some real rpg's. Where seletion to smack poster upside there head for even making this poll, because that is the one I would have picked! DAMN FF!

DrUnKtAnK
05-14-2002, 04:10 PM
http://www.fantasynascarleague.com/images/avatars/halo_logo.gifAll the way, nevered liked FF

Nerrad529
05-15-2002, 01:36 AM
halo is fun is gets annoying after 100 hrs though

DVDGNZ
05-15-2002, 03:11 AM
Everyone that picked FF show yourselves!!:eek:

SkoalMint
05-15-2002, 05:15 AM
Definitely Halo. I never did like the turn-based combat system used in some RPG's. Especially FF. A game like ES3 can combine the best of both worlds - RPG + Real-Time Combat + First/Third Person = Success in my book. I for one don't care if FF ever makes it to the XBox. However, I suppose it might help to sell some consoles.

Hugh_Jass
05-15-2002, 09:24 AM
I never played FF but the offer was the ENTIRE series vs. one XBOX game. I think the entire FF series would provide many more hours of game play than one XBOX game. Thus, the logical choice is the entire FF series.

Plus, I don't like Halo.

azmodan
05-15-2002, 09:28 AM
i picked ff... and the final fantasy SERIES or just final fantasy 10 then so on when it comes out..? either way i would pick ff cuz halo is good but im not really into shooters... but the whole series would be awesome!!!!!!!!!! imagine ff2 or ff4 in xbox grafix hehe

Kraft
05-15-2002, 09:30 AM
So if I offered you a compilation of xbox games, ranging from such hits as kabuki warriors to bloodwake to RAW, you would take that over Halo? Just like the posts on this forum, quality over quantity. Besides, Halo is going to be a quality franchise with its own awesome sequels, im sure.

"This thread is good.... for me to POOP ON!"

JJaX
05-15-2002, 09:53 AM
Tisk Tisk..........

All the haters in here hating on FF games. I bet everyone of of you that posted "FF sucks yada yada yada" probaly never played more than 5 minutes of the game.

There games that tell a story in a unique way. Ive loved every FF game ive ever played. And hell, some of the FF games on SNES are better than most Xbox games currently out.

And dont say "well then JJaX never played a real RPG".
Ive played my share of RPGS on and off the PC so that kinda shuts that theory down.

FF are great games and if Square were to join and make xbox games i would be sportin wood for a good month or two. Im not talking about a mere morning boner, Im talkin bout straight up wood for a month. Yeah i said it.........

Kraft
05-15-2002, 09:59 AM
I played the original NES final fantasy's (my favorites) and 7-9. None of them stuck out as a great RPG that got me hooked on the series. My favorite RPGs? Dragon warrior :)

TheGeezer
05-15-2002, 10:07 AM
halo for me..... not that I think FF series is bad but I happen to prefer FPS genre anyway

Hugh_Jass
05-15-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
So if I offered you a compilation of xbox games, ranging from such hits as kabuki warriors to bloodwake to RAW, you would take that over Halo?

I would take you up on that offer, except that I already own Blood Wake and, yes, I enjoy it more than Halo.

I've never played RAW or Kubuki Warriors, so I can't comment on those.

OEM Alien
05-15-2002, 11:33 AM
i would take the ff series if it was redone like the r.e. series is being redone on gamecube. but if not... i'd still take the f.f. series because i've played halo till my ass is gonna fall off and it doesn't have single player deathmatch mode. man that would be awesome if they redid f.f. on xbox with enhanced graphics and a OPTION a the start screen for short, medium or long boring storyline. i would chose short and battle it out. i think the story line in most rpgs are WAAAAY to long and corny/stupid.

Spaztic
05-15-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Tisk Tisk..........

All the haters in here hating on FF games. I bet everyone of of you that posted "FF sucks yada yada yada" probaly never played more than 5 minutes of the game.

There games that tell a story in a unique way. Ive loved every FF game ive ever played. And hell, some of the FF games on SNES are better than most Xbox games currently out.

Ive played my share of RPGS on and off the PC so that kinda shuts that theory down.

FF are great games and if Square were to join and make xbox games i would be sportin wood for a good month or two. Im not talking about a mere morning boner, Im talkin bout straight up wood for a month. Yeah i said it.........

Yes I actually have played and owned quite a few of them. The last one I played was final fantasy 8. This is the game that really turned me off of the entire FF series...I just expect more from a game! Turn based combat sucks...I am sure most will agree. The way you encounter enemies buy walking barren land then being sucked into a battle sucks. I want to pick my fights, and avoid the ones that will not benefit me. I don't like the concept on finishing the entire game up to the last guy and then have to walk around for 5 hrs. gaining levels just so you can beat him....The ff series lacks ingenuity(just release the same game with suttle changes), balance, and open endness. It does have some great visuals and sound but that by no means can carry the game. Move over FF here comes morrowind and project ego!

sinizuh
05-15-2002, 12:18 PM
10 games to 1?! you got to be kidding me... A great game for about 15 hours... or 10 good to bad games for about 4 - 6 months.... :P

*votes FF*

Crazy Joe
05-15-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls

Yes I actually have played and owned quite a few of them. The last one I played was final fantasy 8. This is the game that really turned me off of the entire FF series...I just expect more from a game! Turn based combat sucks...I am sure most will agree. The way you encounter enemies buy walking barren land then being sucked into a battle sucks. I want to pick my fights, and avoid the ones that will not benefit me. I don't like the concept on finishing the entire game up to the last guy and then have to walk around for 5 hrs. gaining levels just so you can beat him....The ff series lacks ingenuity(just release the same game with suttle changes), balance, and open endness. It does have some great visuals and sound but that by no means can carry the game. Move over FF here comes morrowind and project ego!

if something works, you stick with it until it doesn't work anymore. people were getting bored with the final fantasy series, so alas, they are changing it, Final Fantasy XI is going to be nothing like any of its predecessors.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-15-2002, 01:09 PM
i like ff but halo is way better plus it has a better storyline!

Gaboche
05-15-2002, 02:01 PM
I love halo alot but I would take the entire FF series over it. I know it was a linear story but at least it was a good one. FF8 did suck though, the rest were great.

kornavs19
05-15-2002, 02:08 PM
i hate ff.

Ukyo
05-15-2002, 02:11 PM
FF is the weakest RPG ever! don't be fooled buy it's great cutscenes! I honestly don't believe people love this game! Obviously they haven't played some real rpg's.
Word!

koobz
05-15-2002, 02:12 PM
FF is the weakest RPG ever! don't be fooled buy it's great cutscenes! I honestly don't believe people love this game! Obviously they haven't played some real rpg's.

Got some examples?

sinizuh
05-15-2002, 02:41 PM
Grandia II is the best non-square RPG i've played.

tech
05-16-2002, 01:38 AM
I choose FF
I don't own FF
I don't own Halo
I want an RPG on the Xbox.
Six months is long enough.
The PS2 is tempting me to the darkside.

DVDGNZ
05-16-2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Tisk Tisk..........

I played all the way through FF3 and 7 but thr FF series is old now. Opinions are just that.

OppiumNitrates
05-16-2002, 10:58 AM
well i played FF 1 for NES and like a few minutes of FF7 didnt really get into 'em but i know that there r better RPGs out there i dont really like taking turns if ya know what i mean. . . besides u cant play FF online

gimme my halo fix Damn It

Kraft
05-16-2002, 11:08 AM
Ahh! This is one of those analogies I wish I would have thought of when the thread started... yeah, final fanstasy is a ton of gaming hours... by yourself... in your room... with no friends... Sorry, I will take the equivalent amount of hours drinking beer and having a halo-fest with my friends :) And if you don't think I will get as many hours out of halo as you will out of your FF series, you are dead wrong. Im still loggin hour after hour on quake, and halo is following its lead.

Software2
05-16-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by VenoM

There's an XBOX RPG comming out soon, and it's not gonna have that. It's gonna be a real battle! And it has the equiv. of 6 full novels of text! Oh yeah, and did I forget to mention that XBOX games can be upgraded with new content (Case and point: DOA3)? FFX has NOTHING!

Shorezy
05-16-2002, 08:12 PM
I havn't had much experience with Final Fantasy, so i would definitely pick Halo (Cuz it's the best of course). However, I would like to give FF a try.

faceoff508
05-16-2002, 08:18 PM
What are you talking about... is this an accident or something??
I think you clicked the wrong button...

Scarlet Spider
05-16-2002, 08:30 PM
yeah, he ment to put it in that one about FF vs. Halo thing

i love that alien!!

Sin015
05-16-2002, 09:56 PM
Halo!!