PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind on the PS2???? *proof inside*

faceoff508
05-14-2002, 04:08 PM
i thtought it was only for the xbox and PC???

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280378

CALzinger
05-14-2002, 04:11 PM
ARGH!!! our one of many good rpgs is going to the ps2!!!! well hey, its no prob, we gettin all their good games too (gta 3, mgsx...so on)

DrUnKtAnK
05-14-2002, 04:12 PM
I think something is screwed up somewhere....If it's true, we can now say that the PS2 is getting our old games...whenever it gets here.:cool:

l Maximus l
05-14-2002, 04:16 PM
BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!! Morrowind will look like crap on the PS2! Oh man, what a PERFECT game to compare the XBox with the PS2! :D

khaos2005
05-14-2002, 04:19 PM
I don't understand how that's possible. It will be a challenge as it is to get it going perfect on the box. That's bull, the PS2 couldn't handle anything but a super toned down version of the game. It has to be fake.

CALzinger
05-14-2002, 04:19 PM
graphics ... key word is graphics ...

Spaztic
05-14-2002, 04:26 PM
morrowind is going to be pretty lame on the ps2....I hope they enjoy it.....Any game that comes out on the ps2, xbox will kill it! look at max payne for example!

jschelm
05-14-2002, 05:09 PM
Gamestop royally messed this one up. Look at the name. It is elder scrolls adventures....It is not Morrowind, and the description is for the PC version of Morrowind.

"* The Elder Scrolls Construction Set ships with the game and allows you to create and import plug-ins that extend gameplay almost indefinitely with new items, characters, dungeons, and areas to explore. "

There is no friggin way that this can happen. Especially if they are up in the air on an XBox construction set.

So, doing some research, there is an elder scrolls game coming to the PS2, but it is NOT morrowind. That will never happen (at least from what I have been reading/hearing)

monkeyman
05-14-2002, 06:10 PM
that would suck if its true

actually no it wouldnt cause it would be all ****ted up and stuff if it was on the ps2

Anonymous
05-14-2002, 06:43 PM
Looks more like "wishfull" thinking on GameStop's site. :) I really don't think it'll happen.

Masterchief1018
05-14-2002, 07:27 PM
Myabe Gamestop is pullin a Gamenow on PS2 owners. If morrowind is going to the PS2 all I can say is LMFAO. If they actually expect a game like morrowind to run on such an inferior system Sony has got another thing coming.

(For those of you who don't know what a "Gamenow" is here is a description:)

In the April edition GameNow featured a preivew of MGSX. In this preview they claimed that one could play through the entire game with Snake and not Raiden. This was thier little idea of an april fools joke. REAL FREAKIN FUNNY GUYS. They are such big PS2 fanboys it's not even funny. I beleive it was totally unprofessional. They did not even have a disclaimer besides a feeble little date in one of the screens.

Calve
05-14-2002, 08:58 PM
it wont happen!!! if it cant run smoothly on 733 mhz console......try running it on a system thats 733mhz divided by 3......this equals impossible......

Peace

RadRider
05-15-2002, 10:22 PM
This is obviously a fake. Until Bethesda officially announced a PS2 version, and Gamestop puts up a preview for an actual PS2 version (not the PC version, with the wrong title), then I will simply discount this. Go to IGN, you'll see the Halo is still in the previews section for IGNPS2. Does this mean that Halo is coming out on PS2? Hell no. It's just old information they never got rid of.

Toast
05-16-2002, 06:12 PM
That is a human immpossibility...how can that be right...*goes into hobbit hole*

y2kash_14
05-16-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Masterchief1018

(For those of you who don't know what a "Gamenow" is here is a description:)

In the April edition GameNow featured a preivew of MGSX. In this preview they claimed that one could play through the entire game with Snake and not Raiden. This was thier little idea of an april fools joke. REAL FREAKIN FUNNY GUYS. They are such big PS2 fanboys it's not even funny. I beleive it was totally unprofessional. They did not even have a disclaimer besides a feeble little date in one of the screens.

quit your whining....Gamenow is a great mag. It was a great April Fools Joke. Every mag has an April Fool Joke in April, its tradition. Just because they make a joke about MGSX you take them to be PS2 fanboys?? EGM made a joke about SSMB does that make them Xbox Fanboys? no....so bes you just shut yo mouth.

y2kash_14
05-16-2002, 09:00 PM
oh yeah,.........welcome to XBA :mad:

Icey_Princess
05-16-2002, 09:06 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if it came to the GameCube...

Dre
05-16-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Icey_Princess
I wouldnt be suprised if it came to the GameCube...

LOL...

HAHAHAHA

....oh.. you were serious.. sorry..

Icey_Princess
05-16-2002, 09:42 PM
Original quote from Yoshiki Okamoto of Capcom
Igncube: Why did you choose the gamecube as the platform for the next generation of resident evil games? Yoshiki Okamoto: The system is just so small and cute who wouldnt want to develop for it? [laughs] Get my drift :rolleyes:

Dre
05-16-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Icey_Princess
Get my drift :rolleyes:

Do you own an xbox? I'm curious because every single one of your posts that I have seen so far is "Nintendo this" and "Nintendo that". You might be at the wrong site...

Anyways.. take a look at Morrowind's graphic capabilities, then look at the Xbox and Gamecube hardware. If you still think that Morrowind will go to the cube....well.. something's wrong.

It would be fun to see though.. a good comparaison for the different hardware capabilities of each system. Vertex and pixel shading is used in Morrowind.. cube can't do that stuff. Oh well.. once again.. I'm glad I didn't buy a cube :)

Icey_Princess
05-16-2002, 09:57 PM
Yes i do have an xbox and i post on nintendo and xbox forums alike. Btw Since the ps2 is the weakest of the 3 consoles it would be a total discrase to Morrowind to be running on such a weak system...

y2kash_14
05-16-2002, 10:06 PM
hey yo Dre, easy on the newbie :)

Dre
05-16-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
hey yo Dre, easy on the newbie :)

Right... umm.. no. If someone has 1000 posts or 5 I don't care. I never have and never will. Its the opinions of people I argument, and I'm not biased towards someone's post count like most people here.