PDA

View Full Version : I got a Morrowind Release Date!!!!

Toast
05-14-2002, 05:11 PM
well kinda, it will be out this month. I e mailed bethesda and they finally replied-here it is-

The Xbox version hasn't been delayed. The official release date is May and we are still on track to release this month. I'd love to hear who those EB employees are and how they got that information.

-endquote.

yup,
our morrowind is not mid-june

Master Gracey
05-14-2002, 05:14 PM
Thank you for breathing more life into my day... :D Cheers!

ShannonX
05-14-2002, 05:19 PM
just got an email from ebgames.com its now a 5/23 ship date. Hope this is the last push back, i'm really looking forward to this game.

monkeyman
05-14-2002, 06:04 PM
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that makes me happy:D

i swear there better not be anymore delays:mad:

Englishguy
05-14-2002, 08:48 PM
check my thread as well in here.

DVDGNZ
05-15-2002, 03:56 AM
Good News!!

Trusty Mutsi
05-15-2002, 09:25 AM
Thank you:) I needed to hear that:)

Brevity
05-15-2002, 12:48 PM
Good to know dude! Hunter then this wow

Shiz_96
05-16-2002, 06:01 PM
Why do we have to continue to get 2nd's and 3rd's when it comes to releases on XBOX. Now even the PC is getting 1st priority over XBOX. Everytime they give us a release date it's pushed back, and back, and back. What's going on? I wouldn't mind so much if they were actually using that extra time to take advantage of the so called "xbox capabilities" as they all claim they do on the game descriptions. But that is not the case. We know what our box can do. Bunjie showed us that. Just shut up and do it already. Personally I don't think it matters one bit how much more powerful the system is if Microsoft ain't gonna make em use it for crying out loud. If I wanted all my games to look like PS2 games I'd buy a freakin PS2 and get all the games a month earlier.
Now am I right or am I right?

Toast
05-16-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Shiz_96
Why do we have to continue to get 2nd's and 3rd's when it comes to releases on XBOX. Now even the PC is getting 1st priority over XBOX. Everytime they give us a release date it's pushed back, and back, and back. What's going on? I wouldn't mind so much if they were actually using that extra time to take advantage of the so called "xbox capabilities" as they all claim they do on the game descriptions. But that is not the case. We know what our box can do. Bunjie showed us that. Just shut up and do it already. Personally I don't think it matters one bit how much more powerful the system is if Microsoft ain't gonna make em use it for crying out loud. If I wanted all my games to look like PS2 games I'd buy a freakin PS2 and get all the games a month earlier.

well those two choices are hard..il have to pick you are right....but morrowind will be good. WE will have project ego, and then i will stop crying

OppiumNitrates
05-16-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Shiz_96

umm no your wrong. . .first off if u have been keeping up with this game u would know that there were some small probs that the xbox game cant be shiped with simplyy because we wont get the construction set that the PC version has to fix these problems. . .

also Bethesda finished both game at the same time but since the xbox version has to be quality approved my MS it takes longer for it to be released. . . .

Also ill wait for this game and i hope they use this time to make sure that the game has no problems i want this to come out and be perfect. . . but of course i get ****ed when they delay it but thats just another problem that the game wont have when it comes out

AppoX
05-16-2002, 07:30 PM
will the release date b the same for the USA and Canada?

jschelm
05-16-2002, 10:01 PM
The only people that keep pushing back the date (at least in the last 2 months since I have been following the game) is the sellers. Bethesda has NEVER said an exact XBox release date. Not to mention the fact that this game was in development for the PC for years before the xbox even came out. I too am getting anxious waiting for this game and getting irked that we aren't getting the attention that we deserve on it, but the game will use the xbox hardware to the fullest and be well worth the $40 I spent on it.

Shiz_96
05-17-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by jschelm
The only people that keep pushing back the date (at least in the last 2 months since I have been following the game) is the sellers. Bethesda has NEVER said an exact XBox release date. Not to mention the fact that this game was in development for the PC for years before the xbox even came out. I too am getting anxious waiting for this game and getting irked that we aren't getting the attention that we deserve on it, but the game will use the xbox hardware to the fullest and be well worth the $40 I spent on it.

You're kidding yourself if you think the xbox version will be improved over Pc version. They always say "We're taking the extra time to take full advantage ox the xbox". End result is the same game, just took longer for us to get. You are doing exactly what developers are banking on. You're willing to forget about the treatment we're getting just because you're excited about a particular game now.
Stop being a sheep. I'm gettin tired of it.

OppiumNitrates
05-17-2002, 07:15 PM
maybe not improved over the PC version but hopfully some problems that people said they encountered will be left out of the Xbox version

Calve
05-17-2002, 07:51 PM
Yo Opium props on your sig!!!

Its one of the best yet!!!!:D :D :D

Peace

Hellraisr
05-18-2002, 02:09 PM
that's great to hear.. this looks like a great title ever since I started following it for the PC. Although I think the PC version has a few more options (design your own levels etc), I still think the XBox version will be great. I hope XBox gets some more RPG games soon though.. maybe a port of dungeon seige?

RadRider
05-18-2002, 02:32 PM
A port of Dungeon Siege is highly unlikely. More RPG's would be good, but typically console RPG's suck. Just look at Final Fantasy. The only other ones I'm looking forward to are Project Ego and Xavier Fox. Morrowind should take long enough to play that by the time I finish, those two will be out. :)

Calve
05-18-2002, 02:53 PM
Morrowind has been delayed to June 6!!!!!!

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:mad:

RadRider
05-18-2002, 04:00 PM
That's only like three weeks man. If you had bought the PC version on it's launch, then you'd be laughing like I am. Mwuhahahahahahahaha!

monkeyman
05-18-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Calve
Morrowind has been delayed to June 6!!!!!!

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:mad:

GOD ****** YOU ARE LYING I SWEAR AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAN IM GETTING PRETTY ****ED :mad:

i cant wait that long......:eek:

X-Ray
05-18-2002, 04:29 PM
I (and my brother Xtopia) preordered Morrowind today. The guys at Software Etc. said it was coming out next week. Are they wrong? I hope not. :eek:

RadRider
05-18-2002, 04:46 PM
probably are wrong. Often software stores will just make up a release date so that people will put preorders down. That way, the people are garanteed to buy the game from that store, so the Software store always wins. It's kinda of dirty and irrespectable, but what can you do?

Knothead
05-18-2002, 05:00 PM
MS is holding back the release of morrowind, because it wants to show it off as its pride and joy at the E3 convention in L. A. like it had Halo last fall.MS hopes that morrowind will help it to sell many xboxs with the now lowered price oh $199.99 It used halo to sell the first batch of xboxs......so in short, we have to wait so bill gates can stuff his pockets with more cash, while we sit on our thumbs. Thats why the pc version came out 5/3/2002 xbox users have to wait for5/24/2002, 2 days after ms shows it at E3 in la on 5/22/2002. So fellow gamers, hang in there, and we all will be playing morrowind in a few more days.:D

Calve
05-18-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Knothead
MS is holding back the release of morrowind, because it wants to show it off as its pride and joy at the E3 convention in L. A. like it had Halo last fall.MS hopes that morrowind will help it to sell many xboxs with the now lowered price oh $199.99 It used halo to sell the first batch of xboxs......so in short, we have to wait so bill gates can stuff his pockets with more cash, while we sit on our thumbs. Thats why the pc version came out 5/3/2002 xbox users have to wait for5/24/2002, 2 days after ms shows it at E3 in la on 5/22/2002. So fellow gamers, hang in there, and we all will be playing morrowind in a few more days.:D

Really????

I called EB taday and they said it was just delayed again today to June 6!!!!

Man i hope your right!!!:confused: :confused:

Peace