PDA

View Full Version : By the power of greyskull

DIGITAL
05-14-2002, 05:55 PM
i just read the article on the main page about masters of the universe an im in shock that one of my favorite shows as a kid is making a come back in video games,oh i can not wait,now all i need is a gi joe game an of course a thundrcats game,i would allso love to see the smurfs make a comeback

DaturaX
05-14-2002, 06:02 PM
Yup I watched those cartoons when I was a kid myself.I still catch Smurfs on Cartoon Network when I get a chance hehe.Remember the Masters of the Universe movie?

A current G.I. Joe game would also be cool.

l Maximus l
05-14-2002, 06:09 PM
You know what could be a killer game? Remember the cartoon called "Mask"? If not, that was the cartoon in which several dudes had their own vehicles that would "transform" into a fighting machine equiped with guns and the like and they would also have special abilities when they put on their "Mask". Remember?

Man, I loved that damn cartoon! :D

DIGITAL
05-14-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
You know what could be a killer game? Remember the cartoon called "Mask"? If not, that was the cartoon in which several dudes had their own vehicles that would "transform" into a fighting machine equiped with guns and the like and they would also have special abilities when they put on their "Mask". Remember?

Man, I loved that damn cartoon! :D i had all of those mask toys im shocked some one even rembers that show ,they had the coolest trucks in that show

Master Gracey
05-14-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
i had all of those mask toys im shocked some one even rembers that show ,they had the coolest trucks in that show

I still have about 30 Mask cars, with the drivers and masks, and I have the Boulder Hill headquarters. :D

Also, I'm curious to see what Masters will be like, because I loved that as a kid. Still have about 100 of the figures, 2 Castle Grayskulls, 2 Skull Mountains and something like 10 vehicles.

Smurfs would be AWESOME on Xbox!!! :D

DIGITAL
05-14-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey

I still have about 30 Mask cars, with the drivers and masks, and I have the Boulder Hill headquarters. :D

Also, I'm curious to see what Masters will be like, because I loved that as a kid. Still have about 100 of the figures, 2 Castle Grayskulls, 2 Skull Mountains and something like 10 vehicles.

Smurfs would be AWESOME on Xbox!!! :D do you have the purpule castle with the wolf microphone that was one of the best birthday presents i ever got

Master Gracey
05-14-2002, 06:47 PM
do you have the purpule castle with the wolf microphone that was one of the best birthday presents i ever got

Yeah.. that was Snake Mountain (I said Skull Mountain in my earlier post, but I've looked it up and that was wrong). I have two of them. One at my mom's house, one at my dad's. :D Same with Castle Greyskull.

Robmx250
05-14-2002, 07:00 PM
i have been wantin to see a gi joe game since halo came out it would look awesome on the xbox and bring life back to my childhood hero's..

BlaZeR2
05-14-2002, 07:35 PM
The best game they could bring out for the xbox would be a brand new Transformers's Game...Based off the original Transformers....

You remember....Optimus Prime, Megatron, Jazz, cliffjumper, Starscream, Sideswipe, Soundwave....
the whole gang!!!

how pimp would that be???

BTW, M.A.S.K. was awesome...the cartoon rocked. I used to have all sorts of the toys....man, that brings back some memories!!!!

Kraft
05-15-2002, 12:25 AM
hey, its the old people thread! I didn't have much MASK stuff, just the jeep that turned into a boat and the motorcycle that turned into a helicoptor. Had about 20 transformers and had a crazy amount of heman crap. 1 grayskull, 2 snake mountains and about 100 figures.

Punkbob
05-15-2002, 01:08 AM
Man, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) was my favorite. I have the theme song, which rocks! "Masked crusaders, working overtime, fighting crime!....fighting crime!"

Check this link out! (http://pulse.wyldware.com/mask1.html)

DIGITAL
05-15-2002, 02:01 AM
good look on that link punkbob ,heres another link you guys should check out ,this site got all the old toys we use to play with make sure you check out the heman section http://www.timelesstrinkets.com/

SkoalMint
05-15-2002, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
hey, its the old people thread! I didn't have much MASK stuff, just the jeep that turned into a boat and the motorcycle that turned into a helicoptor. Had about 20 transformers and had a crazy amount of heman crap. 1 grayskull, 2 snake mountains and about 100 figures.

Definitely one for us old fogies. This is great news though. I'm glad to see developers breathing some new life into some old franchises. One can only hope we get to see a GI Joe game. There was another cartoon I really enjoyed as a kid but I can't remember the name. There was this warrior type guy that had this big white sword. He had a wookie-like partner and there was a girl. They all rode around on horses. Voltron was another classic. A cartoon that I think would make an excellent game on XBox would be Speed Racer. Assuming of course that you get to play as RacerX.

E-Vader
05-15-2002, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by KraftSLU

The old people yeah hehe

Voltron (the one with the tigers that was my fav)

Any one remember Ge-Force (it had diff names in other countries, the one where they were dressed in bird outfits and had the awsome firebird for there main ship) that was the coolest cartoon.

And the one that was like transformers but not ??? heh umm... Cy-Kill was the main bad guy , was it it go-bots I can't remember.

Kraft
05-15-2002, 07:37 AM
it was gobots, they were a transformer rippoff, but still cool in their own right.

Dre
05-15-2002, 08:13 AM
Yes.. this He-man announcement definitely rocks. I can't wait to hear more about this game!!

DZNUTZ
05-15-2002, 11:14 AM
SAAAWEEETTT!!!

i remember awhile back, i started a thread asking about which old shows/cartoons would u like to be made into videogames....

my 2 picks were He-man and G.I. JOE...

wooowhooo...my requests was answered!!! now just for the g.i.joe title and i'd be stoked...

i honestly think they could make g.i. joe not only a much better game then he-man...but also a game that would revive the license and be a top-seller if they did it right.

Kraft
05-15-2002, 11:17 AM
DZ... could you image the remake of the GI Joe theme song? That would be tytework! man... cobra commander on my xbox... just so long as I could play as Sgt. Slaughter!

And now you know! Because knowing is half the battle.

DaturaX
05-15-2002, 12:38 PM
SkoalMint I remember the cartoon you are talking about the guy with the sword(sorta like a lightsaber)and the wookie-like partner.I cant remember the name of it for the life of me though even though I watched it all the time as a kid.

It was like a post-apocalyptic barbarian type deal and the bad guys stayed in a swamp in a skull type structure(i think).

Times like this I regret abusing my brain so much.

DZNUTZ
05-15-2002, 12:50 PM
i'd want to play as snakeeyes or shadow ( i think that was the white,bad guy, ninjas name)

DIGITAL
05-15-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
i'd want to play as snakeeyes or shadow ( i think that was the white,bad guy, ninjas name) Dude his name was Storm shadow,i would want to play as buzzsaw or jinix the red ninja girl,or that dude who lived by the swamp with the hood whos face changed i cant rember his name but buzzsaw was part of his crew

E-Vader
05-15-2002, 03:31 PM
A Masters of the Universe game ..................... I wanna play She-Ra .................. lol j/k:D

Kraft
05-15-2002, 03:37 PM
Why has there never been a thundercats game for any system? That would make for an awesome game!

Englishguy
05-15-2002, 03:54 PM
I'm only 25, but in here I guess that's considered ancient huh.

Anyways, loved that stuff. Heman, G I Joe, Transformers.

The "cool" kids had transformers, the poor kids had Gobots. haha.

Englishguy
05-15-2002, 03:55 PM
By the way, I don't dislike poor people. I was poor for quite some time and had a couple gobots.

SkoalMint
05-15-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by DaturaX
SkoalMint I remember the cartoon you are talking about the guy with the sword(sorta like a lightsaber)and the wookie-like partner.I cant remember the name of it for the life of me though even though I watched it all the time as a kid.

It was like a post-apocalyptic barbarian type deal and the bad guys stayed in a swamp in a skull type structure(i think).

Yea. That's the one. I wish I could remember the name. Too much beer I guess.

Master Gracey
05-15-2002, 07:55 PM
Dude his name was Storm shadow,i would want to play as buzzsaw or jinix the red ninja girl,or that dude who lived by the swamp with the hood whos face changed i cant rember his name but buzzsaw was part of his crew

I know Mer-Man lived in the swamp... but I can't think of any others.

The guy whose face changed was Man-E-Faces. :D He had three faces depending on which side was controlling him... there was the good face, the evil face, and one that was a robot. I never could figure out what the robot one was for.

Personally, I'd like to bash my way through a He-Man game with Ram Man! Or you could be stealthy Teela.

Master Gracey
05-15-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by E-Vader
And the one that was like transformers but not ??? heh umm... Cy-Kill was the main bad guy , was it it go-bots I can't remember.

I had a whole bunch of Go-Bots... their base and everything.

Remember when they came out with the huge Go-Bot figures? I actually have the huge Cy-Kill sitting right here on my desk as I type this. :D The regular sized one is over at my dad's...

E-Vader
05-16-2002, 05:55 AM
The good guys
Battlecat
Buzz Off
Catrina
Cringer

Dree Elle
Fisto
Granamyr
Great Bird

He-man
Jeremy
King Miro
King Randor

Malactha
Man-At-Arms
Man-E-Faces
Mekaneck

Mossman
Orko
Prince Adam
Queen Marlena

Ram Man
Roboto
Stanlan
Stratos

Sorceress
Sy-Clone
Teela
Yuckers

Zodak

The bad (good) guys
Azrog
Batros
Beast Man
Clawful

Count Marzo
Evil-Lyn
Evilseed
Fakor

Gorgon
Hexxon
Icer
Jitsu

Kobra Khan
Masque
Merman
Modulok

Morning Star
Negator
Nepthu
Panthor

Rattlor
Reptile Men
Screech
Shokoti

Skeletor
Sleeping Beast
Spikor
Two Bad

Trap Jaw
Tri-Klops
Webstor
Whiplash

koobz
05-16-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Maximus

Man, I loved that damn cartoon! :D

Yeah I remember that cartoon as well. I even had some of the toys. I had the big Semi. :)

koobz
05-16-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Englishguy
By the way, I don't dislike poor people. I was poor for quite some time and had a couple gobots.

I had a birthday party where I got about 10 Go-bots and I thought they were the cats ass. Man, this thread is nostalgic.

Thundercats was also up there in my must-watch cartoons.

RudedogX
05-16-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by DaturaX

I think that was Thundar the Barbarian. I used to watch that, it still comes on the cartoon network late at night sometimes! Ah...the memories!

As for the GiJoe character with the hood by the swamp that was Zartan, and the dreadnaughts would definetly be fun to face in a video game since zartana, zaranna, and the other brother (can't remember his name), all could blend disguise themselves!

koobz
05-16-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX

I think that was Thundar the Barbarian. I used to watch that, it still comes on the cartoon network late at night sometimes! Ah...the memories!

As for the GiJoe character with the hood by the swamp that was Zartan, and the dreadnaughts would definetly be fun to face in a video game since zartana, zaranna, and the other brother (can't remember his name), all could blend disguise themselves!

I had Zartan. He came with this armor that changed color in depending on how dark it was. Zartan won many a battles on the bedroom floor with this stealth ability. That is, when my Refridgerator Perry GI Joe with his Spiked Football Mase wasn't around :)

DaturaX
05-16-2002, 11:40 AM
Thundar the Barbarian yup thats it.I couldnt remember the name for the life of me.

SkoalMint
05-16-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX

*smacks his hea *

That's it. Thanks rudedogX. I was going nuts trying to figure it out.

DIGITAL
05-16-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey

I know Mer-Man lived in the swamp... but I can't think of any others.

The guy whose face changed was Man-E-Faces. :D He had three faces depending on which side was controlling him... there was the good face, the evil face, and one that was a robot. I never could figure out what the robot one was for.

Personally, I'd like to bash my way through a He-Man game with Ram Man! Or you could be stealthy Teela. i was talking about gi joe with the guy by the swamp an storm shadow an stuff

RudedogX
05-16-2002, 12:46 PM
i was talking about gi joe with the guy by the swamp an storm shadow an stuff

Digital, I thought that was Zartan. He was always in the swamp, there wasn't anyone else in the swamp was there? Maybe the guys on the hydrofoils, but I can't think of anyone else.

Slacker
05-16-2002, 02:30 PM
As extra income I comb the second hands stores in Mexico and the U.S. for old 80's toys and sell them on ebay, I have a HUGE G.I. joe collection ,Last month I sold My Aircraft Carrier The U.S.S. Flagg , and a bunch of other vehicles I still have 305 figures 277 Complete , I also have some M.A.S.K toys transformers, Go_bots, Micronauts, Mego, Super Powers, Mego Pocket Heroes, I had a HUGE vintage star wars collection, and I had everything made for POTF2 from 1995 to 98 I sold it all though and plan on selling off all my crap, I actually was able to buy an Xbox from Toy Sales,

80's toys rule, and I am STOKED about the he-man game and the NEW He-man Figures Kick major ASS , a bunch of boys from Mcfarlane toys made them,

Slacker
05-16-2002, 02:40 PM
Zartan lived in the swamp, with his twin brother and sister Zandar and Zarana they all had a color changing gimmick that made them turn blue in the sun, the other Dreadnoks were Buzzer ,Ripper,torch Monkeywrench,Road pig , Gnawgahyde and the driver of the thunder machine was called thrasher, oh and Zanzibar the pirate was a dreadnok

the dreadnoks drank grape soda and ate Chocolate Donuts,

why were the dreadnoks created??

There was a Huge demand for teddy bear type figures for all the 83-84 toylines due to the Ewok craze, and thankfully Larry Hama the guy who wrote the file cards and the comics made them change thier minds and created the Dreadnoks in thier place,

G.I. joe came out in 1982 and was dropped in 94 and rebirthed in 97 , and now is still in the stores with a new comic , well the 3 3/4 inch ones, the 12 inch ones came out in 1964 I could give the whole history of hasbro but I am sure people stopped reading by now , yes I am a nerd,

if you wanna see all the figures and all the vehicles go to

www.yojoe.com

DIGITAL
05-16-2002, 07:00 PM
thanks guys with the zartan name,all these memorys make me feel like a kid again ,i wonder if moss man's gonna be in he man ,i still have the moss man toy but he smells http://www.brianstoys.com/acatalog/MOTU_Loose_MossMan.jpg

E-Vader
05-17-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by BlaZeR2
The best game they could bring out for the xbox would be a brand new Transformers's Game...Based off the original Transformers....

You remember....Optimus Prime, Megatron, Jazz, cliffjumper, Starscream, Sideswipe, Soundwave....
the whole gang!!!

how pimp would that be???

Ahhhhh brings it all back.
http://tfarchive.com/g1images/group.jpg
http://tfarchive.com/g1images/optimusprime.jpg
http://tfarchive.com/g1images/rodimus1.jpg
http://tfarchive.com/g1images/galvatron10.jpg
http://tfarchive.com/g1images/megatron1.jpg
http://tfarchive.com/g1images/starscream2.jpg

I'd have to say that Starscream and the Destructacons were my favs.:D