PDA

View Full Version : XBOX, $200. By Friday!!!

DOOM
05-14-2002, 08:11 PM
Yep, That's Rite Folks... THIS FRIDAY!!!
I Have Been Informed By My Game Distributer That FRIDAY, XBOX's Price Will Drop!!! I Am Sure Glad I CUT My XBOX & PS2 Orders... I Would Have Been Stuck!
Wate & See!!!
;)

DrUnKtAnK
05-14-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by DOOM
Yep, That's Rite Folks... THIS FRIDAY!!!
I Have Been Informed By My Game Distributer That FRIDAY, XBOX's Price Will Drop!!! I Am Sure Glad I CUT My XBOX & PS2 Orders... I Would Have Been Stuck!
Wate & See!!!
;)

Friday will be a good day.....:D

spiderman_13
05-14-2002, 08:35 PM
is that 200$ american? how much is that canadian

faceoff508
05-14-2002, 08:54 PM
I also learnt this too!

Belt Fed
05-14-2002, 09:13 PM
will there be any refunds also?:D

Vteck3000
05-14-2002, 09:15 PM
Thats $300 canadian. The XBOX and the PS2 will be that price from now on............ wonder how GameCube is going to do after that anouncement ???????:cool:

E-Xbox
05-14-2002, 09:28 PM
i hope we get refunds too...
cuz thats crap if we dont....
we paid so much more...
300 canadian will be the new price..
and i paid 450 ..... :(
ill prob be picking up a used ps2 soon...

peace

JohnB
05-14-2002, 10:26 PM
Why is everyone complaining about refunds? Everything depreciates. I'm not surprised the Xbox is dropping its price quickly. The price of computer parts of course depreciate very fast. I think I will be the last one to complain about some kind of refund. It would be nice if they did that but back to reality guys... there's a slim chance.

LynxFX
05-14-2002, 11:30 PM
Exactly JohnB. The most you could hope for with electronics is a 30 day price guarantee which most stores actually have if you ask. Otherwise all is fair in retail.

This is also why we NEED 3 consoles in the market. Look how long Sony kept the PS2 at $300. They didn't even budge for a year and a half. Now that the Xbox is stealing some thunder they lower the price. To keep competitive MS does the same. Had the Xbox come out at the same time as the PS2 I bet we would have seen a price drop a year ago on the PS2.

The funny part is Microsoft was finally breaking even with the Xbox but looks like now they will be losing $80-$100 again.

DVDGNZ
05-15-2002, 03:19 AM
Actually the price drop is official as of right now.

Hickboy
05-15-2002, 03:43 AM
How come a person that posted saying it will drop by Friday is getting all the responses like "alright, can't wait". When myself and another person post an hour ago that the price cut is already done, I even provided USA and Canadian buying links!

Hehe, craziness i tell ya!

DVDGNZ
05-15-2002, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Hickboy
How come a person that posted saying it will drop by Friday is getting all the responses like "alright, can't wait". When myself and another person post an hour ago that the price cut is already done, I even provided USA and Canadian buying links!

Hehe, craziness i tell ya!

LOL

FlyBoy
05-15-2002, 07:30 AM
Will there be a drop in game prices too? I've heard that Sony lowered the MSRP on their games to 39. Just curious, this would be a great way to save some bucks!:cool:

dmasini
05-15-2002, 07:53 AM
I feel a little cheated by the price drop but I'm not suprised by it. I think it would be nice to have the same deal the Brits got though... Didn't they get compensation for the price cut in Europe??

LynxFX
05-15-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by dmasini
I feel a little cheated by the price drop but I'm not suprised by it. I think it would be nice to have the same deal the Brits got though... Didn't they get compensation for the price cut in Europe??

Don't expect a deal like that. For one it was only out a month in Europe, and second it was retailing for alot more than it was in the States to begin with.