PDA

View Full Version : Response From Bethusdela>on Morro Date!

Englishguy
05-14-2002, 08:36 PM
Ok, so I was tired of d i c k ing around with this damn release date stuff regarding the xbox morrowind. I decided to go straight to the source with an email. I DID get a response believe it or not. First here is what I emailed them:

To whom it may concern,

I work in a public relations department, let me state that right off the bat. I just felt the overwhelming need to tell you that there is a mountain of unwelcome press you are getting in ALL videogame related forums as far as Morrowind Xbox is concerned. You really have some angry people on your hands. Now I understand that you all have to tend to your needs as of present, fixing bugs and such.

But really, is it worth it to completely ignore a whole segment of the public that will be buying your software? Most of these people don't care if its delayed, they are just tired of being told a release date, and having it yanked over and over again. I can sympathize with this rational. If I don't meet a deadline with a project many people become quite unhappy with me needless to say.

What you need to understand is, you are ignoring a whole community out there. There is a thread on team xbox with over 300 replies on Morrowind with over 22,000 views! No joke. That is one site alone.

How many people have this game preordered? Quite a bit. Having already spent their money, it would be a good move on your part to at least provide a conservative release date. If you give a late date, then release it early, you will look good. If you keep pushing it back, you're going to loose people, and excitment generated by the PC version.

Your solution? 1) Provide a date, whatever. Something saying the Xbox version should be ready by so and so. 2) Tell WHY you are releasing it late. Make something up if you have to, just give people something.

Thats it. I just had to say something. It is too hard watching a good company ruin a good thing just by simply not speaking up.

Thank you for your time.

Here is what I got as a response:

We do not have the final say when the Xbox version is released. We have to go through the same process as every other game that comes out on a console. This process takes time, and since we have a particularly large game, it takes even longer for us.

We aren't allowed to say anything about the process or the date, which is why we aren't saying anything. We aren't releasing it late. Both versions were completed at the same time. One just has to go through a process to be released, the other does not. Therefore, getting on forums to tell people that we aren't allowed to say anything really isn't going to make anyone LESS angry, if all that want is information.

I realize people are anxious for the game to come out. So are we. I can assure you that we are going above and beyond the norm to get this game out as fast as we can.

I'm not going to give the name of the guy that responded simply because I don't think that would be appropriate. So I hope this helps you guys out a bit. Doesn't really say much, but at least its something.

Peace.

Englishguy
05-14-2002, 08:46 PM
Gonna bump this for a bit.

DrUnKtAnK
05-15-2002, 08:19 AM
Well I'm sure the process they are refering to is the XBOX's and they are making sure that the title is going to be completely ready....Interesting post, just my $.02 worth.

I am wondering if they are saving it to debut it at E3, that wouldn't surprise me....hell e3 is only, what 7 days away! Can't wait.

JJaX
05-15-2002, 08:43 AM
i PRE-ORDERED mine and im having it delivered to my door step. The problem is i dont know what F'n Day i should Be on the look out for it. I hate this.............

I want my morrowind :(

l Maximus l
05-15-2002, 10:36 AM
I'm sure that the Microsoft Quality Assurance department is examining the game making sure that it is in solid working condition before they let it out in the market. And, the representative reminded us that it's an extremely long game and it simply takes longer. So, that is my understanding why Morrowind is taking a little while to come out. I think the "bugs" are just rumors that carry no validation unless they come from the actual developers of Morrowind (or any game for that matter).

Just be patient, gentlemen...it'll be out very shortly :)

By the way, Englishguy...excellent post :)

JJaX
05-15-2002, 11:00 AM
I just think when the PC version was released the game really got put to the test. You cant compare a small group of beta testers to 1000's of people playing the game inside out at home.

I feel the PC version was the real beta test. And we are gonna get the bug free xbox version.

But even of the xbox did have a few bugs, Couldnt they just leave "hooks" and make patches available?

OEM Alien
05-15-2002, 11:28 AM
i decided to get SEGA WORLD SERIES BASEBALL instead. and from what i hear, i made the right choice. :)

DZNUTZ
05-15-2002, 11:44 AM
thats not what i've heard..

in fact i don't think any xbox baseball title this season broke or will break the 8.0 score...morrowind is already recieving an average of 8.5 for the pc versions ( and thats taking into account the bugs!!)

Brevity
05-15-2002, 01:01 PM
Good post. Has anyone seen the one like it in the RPG forum?

Englishguy
05-15-2002, 08:30 PM
yeah actually, someone said it was coming out the 23rd for sure. But who knows with these things.

Crazy Joe
05-15-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
But even of the xbox did have a few bugs, Couldnt they just leave "hooks" and make patches available?

that is definitely not the sort of thing that Xbox should start doing, console games should never need patches, upgrades are acceptable, but patches are one of the main reasons i prefer console gaming to PC gaming.

OppiumNitrates
05-16-2002, 01:04 PM
nice job Englishguy. . . . glad to see someone over a bethesda has a pulse

i think that it will be out on the 24th cauz now almost all the websites and stores i check out have similar release dates give or take a day

Englishguy
05-16-2002, 01:38 PM
a little update. Rumor has it that it has gone to microsoft packaging and shipping. Some dude in this forum said that a buddy of his works there and they recieved the game and it is shipping out shortly. So we could possible see it anywhere from tormorrow to the 24th. That would be really, really nice I might add. Then I can stop posting and start playing this damn game.

Kraft
05-16-2002, 01:42 PM
Wow, this is good news. Depending on what is said about this game in the 48 hours after it is released on these message boards, I might upgrade it's status to "must have" and go pick it up...

Spaztic
05-16-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

that is definitely not the sort of thing that Xbox should start doing, console games should never need patches, upgrades are acceptable, but patches are one of the main reasons i prefer console gaming to PC gaming.

i completely agree. patching games is not a trend Ms wants to start. There will be alot of PO'ed people if this happens! That is why i prefer console gaming over pc.

RudedogX
05-16-2002, 01:46 PM
One of those reviews will probably be from me since I still have this game on preorder from about 4 months ago!

OppiumNitrates
05-16-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
Wow, this is good news. Depending on what is said about this game in the 48 hours after it is released on these message boards, I might upgrade it's status to "must have" and go pick it up...

u should already be at that status just read this http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/357/357267p1.html and u should read a few other Q&As from there i read them all and all r very interesting. . .but i though this was the best