PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - is it ever coming?

jspike
05-14-2002, 10:02 PM
Why wont this game come out already. wasn't it scheduled for the 15th of may now i'm seeing 23rd of may. It may only be a week but the wait is killing me. meanwhile the pc version has been out all month long.

does anyone know why it keeps getting pushed back?

any other morrowind info would be greatly appreciated as well.

Bakeman
05-15-2002, 02:27 AM
don't know man

I just went and got it for the PC today... I figured being able to download new stuff would be worth it..

Alien
05-15-2002, 06:20 AM
Yeah, I'm anxious for it to come out too...better hurry up.

studepaber
05-15-2002, 08:33 AM
They just like watching us Xbox RPG'ers squirm with anticipation.

Bakeman
05-15-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by studepaber
They just like watching us Xbox RPG'ers squirm with anticipation.

LOL squirm little ones squirm! lol

Has anyone checked their local store? is it out today?

cyclaud
05-15-2002, 05:58 PM
hmmm this seems familair

AppoX
05-15-2002, 08:06 PM
hehe after i read the reviews this game is sounding quite similar to project ego. and i am really looking forward to project ego. so it looks like imma have to go and pick up morrowind asap =P
i am also really looking forward to this game because i hate games where i cannot find out what to do next. this game looks like it will never matter.

Adema
05-15-2002, 09:30 PM
If it doesn't matter what you do next then whats the point of doing it in the first place. I'll have to wait and see what morrowind is like b/c im broke as a joke.

Shiz_96
05-16-2002, 05:43 PM
Don't you realize that is the trend with XBOX games. Why do we have to continue to get 2nd's and 3rd's when it comes to releases. Now even the PC is getting 1st priority over XBOX. Everytime they give us a release date it's pushed back, and back, and back. What's going on? I wouldn't mind so much if they were actually using that extra time to take advantage of the so called "xbox capabilities" as they all claim they do on the game descriptions. But that is not the case. We know what our box can do. Bunjie showed us that. Just shut up and do it already. Personally I don't think it matters one bit how much more powerful the system is if Microsoft ain't gonna make em use it for crying out loud. If I wanted all my games to look like PS2 games I'd buy a freakin PS2 and get all the games a month earlier.
Now am I right or am I right?

Shiz_96
05-16-2002, 05:54 PM
Don't you realize that is the trend with XBOX games. Why do we have to continue to get 2nd's and 3rd's when it comes to releases. Now even the PC is getting 1st priority over XBOX. Everytime they give us a release date it's pushed back, and back, and back. What's going on? I wouldn't mind so much if they were actually using that extra time to take advantage of the so called "xbox capabilities" as they all claim they do on the game descriptions. But that is not the case. We know what our box can do. Bunjie showed us that. Just shut up and do it already. Personally I don't think it matters one bit how much more powerful the system is if Microsoft ain't gonna make em use it for crying out loud. If I wanted all my games to look like PS2 games I'd buy a freakin PS2 and get all the games a month earlier.

Tkf5000
05-16-2002, 07:58 PM
I read at the official morrowind forums that Morrowind is in Microsofts hands and they are testing for bugs. EBgames said Morrowind is due on the 21st of May.

Bakeman
05-16-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Shiz_96

Well in Morrowind's case.. PC should have priority..
Elder Scrolls is a PC game.. and when Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind came about.. they decided to make an XBox version also..

And just about every other game that Xbox is getting 2nd or 3rd is because the games were designed for another system first.

Partly because Xbox is still new.. soon and it has already started games will start being developed for Xbox first..

Shiz_96
05-17-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Bakeman

Elder Scrolls is a PC game.. and when Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind came about.. they decided to make an XBox version also..

And just about every other game that Xbox is getting 2nd or 3rd is because the games were designed for another system first.

Partly because Xbox is still new.. soon and it has already started games will start being developed for Xbox first..

That's what they said about Halo. I need say no more.

Bakeman
05-17-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Shiz_96

That's what they said about Halo. I need say no more.

Then talk to bill, tell him to payoff other companies

Bakeman
05-17-2002, 02:04 AM
and as far as I know halo wasn't a sequel to anything..
where Elder Scrolls is..

Elder Scrolls fan base is on the PC..

Calve
05-17-2002, 08:19 PM

Example:

Wreckless

Peace

X-Ray
05-18-2002, 06:02 PM
...I hope anyway. I preordered my copy today at Software Etc. When I asked them when it is going to be released, they said that they get it next week!

Is this reliable? I really hope so! I don't see why not. They obviously ordered it and are probably eagerly tracking it on ups.com every day! Of course, they could have ben BSing me, but I instincts tell me they weren't.

Marc
05-18-2002, 06:45 PM
You should get it on the 24th.

Shiz_96
05-19-2002, 06:56 AM
Now I'm renting this game first. Why should we have to wait and wait forever?

Tkf5000
05-19-2002, 08:08 AM
The people at EBgames said it is due in by the 21st.

Shiz_96
05-19-2002, 10:23 AM
They're saying June 6th now. Unbelievable.

cyclaud
05-19-2002, 11:13 AM
who says that?

Shiz_96
05-19-2002, 12:28 PM
Eb said it.

cyclaud
05-19-2002, 01:17 PM
i went to their site it still says the 23rd

Shiz_96
05-19-2002, 01:27 PM
Sometimes theyare slower on sites but when I called they said it is scheduled for the 6th now. Try your local store.

RadRider
05-19-2002, 01:44 PM

That's not true for Morrowind. The PC and Xbox versions were finished at the exact same time. The only reason the Xbox one isn't out yet is because it has to go through Microsoft testing. On PC, you simply release a product when you think it's sufficiently ready, or when the publisher forces you to. With a console, you have to go through quality control.

jspike
05-19-2002, 04:07 PM
I've got it preordered at gamestop and they said it will be out on the 24th.

If they moved it to the 6th I'm gonna be really ****ed off.

Tkf5000
05-19-2002, 04:25 PM
This is starting to happen with all xbox games. MGSX,GTA3...

Shiz_96
05-19-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
This is starting to happen with all xbox games. MGSX,GTA3...

That's what I been saying. We get second rate treatment when it comes to to game releases and options everytime. I just hope Morrowind comes out soon cause if Hunter, Major League Baseball(Sega), Outlaw Golf, and Test Drive come out first, this game might end up a rental for those tired of waiting.

Masterchief1018
05-20-2002, 02:33 PM
EB Games.com now says the 31st, but that just sounds like one of thier temporary dates. June 6 sounds realistic.

Tkf5000
05-20-2002, 05:19 PM
They cant decide on one release date and they keep changing it , they need to decide on one day and realease it .it aint that hard.

AppoX
05-20-2002, 05:41 PM
They cant decide on one release date and they keep changing it , they need to decide on one day and realease it .it aint that hard.
well it is if they don't have the game finished by the date they said they would release it on =/

Tkf5000
05-22-2002, 02:31 PM
o, well microsoft will probaly make bethesda fix all the bugs and that would take 4 ever

cyclaud
05-22-2002, 03:28 PM
there is an E mail going around saying thats what they r doing

Shiz_96
05-22-2002, 03:34 PM
If the delays are due to problems with the game, it's better to have them fixed now and wait, than to be disappointed(because of bugs or whatever) with this game as good as it should be.
Grab World Series Baseball while you wait, it's off the hook.

cyclaud
05-22-2002, 04:13 PM
very ironic how the xbox version might be the better one

Tkf5000
05-22-2002, 07:28 PM
no it wont because you cant have any mods and it doesnt have the TES construction set. I heard there will be a MOD for bug fixes. But the xbox version is easier to play because the controller and all. The controls for the pc sux bad.

cyclaud
05-22-2002, 08:12 PM
we will be able to get mods because of xbox live

Tkf5000
05-22-2002, 08:14 PM
maybe. it all depends.

Bakeman
05-22-2002, 08:22 PM
no it wont because you cant have any mods and it doesnt have the TES construction set. I heard there will be a MOD for bug fixes. But the xbox version is easier to play because the controller and all. The controls for the pc sux bad.

Okay if you says so. I have it on the PC. What's wrong with the controls? They seem pretty basic to me. If you play games on the PC the controls shouldn't be hard to learn or anything.

zfBRAT
05-27-2002, 06:17 AM
don't know man

I just went and got it for the PC today... I figured being able to download new stuff would be worth it.. I'm impatient too, but it's not even avalilable on pc here in Juneau, AK :(

zfBRAT
05-27-2002, 06:17 AM
available even

Tkf5000
05-27-2002, 11:55 AM

Okay if you says so. I have it on the PC. What's wrong with the controls? They seem pretty basic to me. If you play games on the PC the controls shouldn't be hard to learn or anything.
well I read a review and the game site said they suck and they said some of them, it was some crappy site like gamemania.com, nothing like ign or gamespot.