PDA

View Full Version : Xbox $199 Immediately!

tsaiber
05-15-2002, 01:43 AM
I just browsed around and found out that the xbox will be selling for $199 sooner than expected. Actually tomorrow (Wednesday). I hope they will reduce the price on some of the games like PS2 did.

wohoooo!

Belt Fed
05-15-2002, 02:35 AM
Alright, now i wonder if Sega will cut the price on the Sega Genesis. :D j/k

Japester64
05-15-2002, 08:14 AM
Xbox has officially dropped its price to $199 effective RIGHT NOW. Found this via xbox.com

Taranis
05-15-2002, 10:44 AM
It's official: http://www.xbox.com/news/0205/xboxpricedrop.htm

What I want to know is, why can't I connect to xbox.com with my Opera browser?

Enough of that, I'm off to buy an xbox this afternoon.

Kraft
05-15-2002, 10:46 AM
Let me be the first to congradulate you on your purchase, taranis! Just remember, you saved 100 dollars on it over the rest of us so you owe it to yourself and everyone else to pick up at least 2 extra games :D

Taranis
05-15-2002, 10:59 AM
Don't worry, games will be plentiful, I hope. Even the wife is supporting this purchase. I have been talking about the Xbox since it came out. Now she has a good reason to buy one and shut me up.

In addition, let me say that I have spent the past 2 weeks combing all the XBox sites for price drop news and to find a community to become a part of, xboxaddict.com is easily the best xbox site and community.

Kraft
05-15-2002, 11:04 AM
whoa! didn't even check your post count, welcome to the XBA forums, glad you like it here. Always nice to have a fellow gamer, especially one that raises our adult demographics :)

JimmieDoogan
05-15-2002, 11:28 AM
This bugs me even more than it being at 300 because people are still too stupid to know how much better it is than the PoS2 and my children's GameCube (aww... its such a cute system...). People aren't intelligent enough to know what a good product is when they are moronically entranced by Stupid ass PS9 comercials. Odd that showing a video game (like in the Munch comercials and Halo bits) doesn't sell more than showing nothing but a bunch of morons acting foolish playing to a bit of voice over that has nothing to do with the product your selling. People are actually that frickin stupid. I have PoS2 and Xbox... and you know what... I hardly ever play my GTA3 machine... I mean playstation 2 because... well... its so damned hard to look at those horrid graphics... god the jaggies and shimmering KILL me. I mean jesus, why is it so hard to tone that down. Xbox isn't half as bad, and in most cases, such an argument is null and void with that machine. But like I said, people aren't smart enough on average to find out for themselves whats better. Too bad for them and us as it will probably kill things like it did with DC. Please say this doesn't happen, I wouldn't want any of my machines to die off.

Kraft
05-15-2002, 11:32 AM
I don't think the box has to worry about the fate of the DC. The biggest reason the DC failed was due to sony's whole sega saturn thing. Actually, sega saturn, sega CD and sega 32x were bad ideas. The only decent ideas sega has had since genesis are the nomad and the DC. Had sony's PS1 been the quality of the Saturn, you probably wouldn't be able to sell a ps2 for 5$ as an art-deco doorstop.

Taranis
05-15-2002, 11:33 AM
Since the only machines I own are a PS1 and a DC, I fully agree with you. I have been saving money for the Xbox for a while and now I can finally get one.

I think MS has done a great job with the machine and the games and I can't wait to wade in.

l Maximus l
05-15-2002, 11:39 AM
Taranis! Welcome to XBA! You are a smart man to find this place...and you were correct, this is the best XBox site on the net :D In fact, it's the best site on the net, period! hehe

Yes, it's official...I checked for myself at a couple local retailers and they have the price tag for the XBox at $199.99. Eventhough I've owned mine since November 15th, 2001, I still believe that this is an equally exciting day as that! This is HUGE news :D

LynxFX
05-15-2002, 11:48 AM
If you are happy why the the "mad" face in the title?

Just an FYI for those who bought the Xbox from Best Buy. They have a 30 day price guarantee so if you bought it in the past 30 days you can get a $100 back.