PDA

View Full Version : Who's getting Hunter: The Reckoning? POLL INSIDE!!

l Maximus l
05-15-2002, 01:28 PM
Who's getting this game? Renting it? Or not interested at all?

Personally, I can't wait! It's being shipped to retailers on May 21st :D

http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/3653.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/3649.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/3647.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/3241.jpg

Gaboche
05-15-2002, 01:36 PM
I'm buying it for sure.:cool: It's going to be a great quick fix game for between Morrowind game sessions(if it's released anytime soon).

faceoff508
05-15-2002, 01:40 PM
I will definatlty but this!!

Xtopia
05-15-2002, 01:40 PM
I don't think I will be getting it. It is just not my cup of tea...

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-15-2002, 01:46 PM
i iwll buy it after reading the reviews.a step which i take to ensure that i dont make that raw mistake again.

Kraft
05-15-2002, 01:49 PM
My g/f and I are anxiously awaiting this game. We've been looking for a fun multiplayer we can both get into, and since we both loved the styling of blood omen 2, this game looks like a great big winner for us!!

ftyards
05-15-2002, 02:40 PM
grabbed

l Maximus l
05-15-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
My g/f and I are anxiously awaiting this game. We've been looking for a fun multiplayer we can both get into, and since we both loved the styling of blood omen 2, this game looks like a great big winner for us!!

That's Super Swell! hehe..jk ;)

Actually, that's a good point. I never thought about playing Hunter: The Reckoning with my wife, however, she may actually dig this game :D In either case, I can't wait to get 3 other dudes over and start hacking away with my oversized battle axe :D

Multi-player without having to submit to split screen gaming is awesome! And, this game should be sweet considering how much blood and gore there is spraying off the moving corpses :D

Kraft
05-15-2002, 02:44 PM
Yeah, you can never go wrong with excessive gore. That movie Starship Troopers proved that. Crap acting + crap plot + tons of gore = blockbuster.

Spaztic
05-15-2002, 02:59 PM
yeah when a game is a pure gorefest you really can't loose! throw in a hooker or slut, have them show some skin, and you have a blockbuster!

I am definatly opening my mailbox on Tuesday. My friends have been waiting to dig into some 4 player mayhem for awhile!

Hey max where is the option to burn the game?.......j/k!

I already have this game preordered so it is just a matter of time! I can't stand the wait!!!! :eek: :confused:

*lets out a warrior like screem*
*notices everyone looking weirdly at me standing in cube yelling*
*sits back down*

DZNUTZ
05-15-2002, 02:59 PM
already pre-ordered!

btw max, nice screen shots..neva seen em before!

Spaztic
05-15-2002, 03:01 PM
I love the last pic.....look at all the dead stuff laying around!!!!

faceoff508
05-15-2002, 03:01 PM
Does this game have co-op???????

Kraft
05-15-2002, 03:04 PM
My g/f and I are anxiously awaiting this game. We've been looking for a fun multiplayer we can both get into...

I am definatly opening my mailbox on Tuesday. My friends have been waiting to dig into some 4 player mayhem for awhile!

In either case, I can't wait to get 3 other dudes over and start hacking away with my oversized battle axe

umm... yeah. seems it will be co/op

Spaztic
05-15-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Does this game have co-op???????

you got the game on your sig and you don't know if it has co-op?
It does 4 players on the screen at the same time.....No split screens, no online capibilitys, and no system link.

Hey if anyone can find some more reviews, screens, movies, info post it because I cannot get enough of hunter

l Maximus l
05-15-2002, 03:19 PM
Yeah, you can never go wrong with excessive gore. That movie Starship Troopers proved that. Crap acting + crap plot + tons of gore = blockbuster.

hehe...I loved that damn movie! :D

faceoff508
05-15-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls

you got the game on your sig and you don't know if it has co-op?
It does 4 players on the screen at the same time.....No split screens, no online capibilitys, and no system link.

I read about it but someone in the chat room said it didnt have it. so I was just asking!!

VeNoMiZA
05-15-2002, 03:23 PM
i doint know but its my opinion im renting it first..it dosnt call my attention that much because the zombies dont look that good "to me"i wouldve preffered resdient evil looking zombies (they have MORe detail) but i will try it anyways.hope its not corny

l Maximus l
05-15-2002, 03:26 PM
I love the last pic.....look at all the dead stuff laying around!!!!

hehe...exactly...check these screenies, too :D

http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/1737.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/3661.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/3659.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/3657.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/3656.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/3655.jpg

I love that last one!! :D

Spaztic
05-15-2002, 03:59 PM
here's my favorite pic

http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/3244.jpg

faceoff508
05-15-2002, 04:00 PM
here's my favorite pic

http://http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/3244.jpg

doesnt work

EDIT: NEVERMIND< SORRY!!

OEM Alien
05-15-2002, 04:06 PM
hunter isn't long enough to warrant a purchse. i'll pass. i'm getting SEGA World Series Baseball. if hunter was like 60 hrs long i'd buy it. but a 15 hour game (hunter) for $50.00.... no. :confused:

dave_m123
05-15-2002, 04:15 PM
Is'ent it like 15-20 hours a character? IF so it should provide plenty of replayability.

Does know of any links to some recent gameplay movies for Hunter?

l Maximus l
05-15-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by OEM Alien
hunter isn't long enough to warrant a purchse. i'll pass. i'm getting SEGA World Series Baseball. if hunter was like 60 hrs long i'd buy it. but a 15 hour game (hunter) for $50.00.... no. :confused:

Well, I understand that there are a lot of hidden items, codes, and there is a "Nightmare" mode that you can unlock after you beat the game. So, it should have some good replay value.

Personally, I'm looking forward to owning a game like this, that is a great multi-player, that isn't split screen. This will be my first one of this kind (I am not planning on getting Gauntlet). This should round out my gaming library.

And, after reading some reviews on this, I understand that the screenshots give no justice to this game. Graphically, this game is said to be outstanding and the gameplay, as also stated, is supposedly well done. So, I have high hopes for this game, personally. Also, there's not many games that are 60hrs out there, so, even if it's true that there's only 15 hours or so, it's fine with me. I'm sure that playing single player is dramatically different than playing with 3 other buddes :D

Ukyo
05-15-2002, 04:17 PM
I'm going to be all over this game like mustard on a sandwich. Or something to that effect.

I should probably preorder about now...

l Maximus l
05-15-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Ukyo
I'm going to be all over this game like mustard on a sandwich. Or something to that effect.

Yeah, like stink on dung! :D

I hear ya, man...I can't wait for this game! :D

OEM Alien
05-15-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Well, I understand that there are a lot of hidden items, codes, and there is a "Nightmare" mode that you can unlock after you beat the game. So, it should have some good replay value.

Personally, I'm looking forward to owning a game like this, that is a great multi-player, that isn't split screen. This will be my first one of this kind (I am not planning on getting Gauntlet). This should round out my gaming library.

And, after reading some reviews on this, I understand that the screenshots give no justice to this game. Graphically, this game is said to be outstanding and the gameplay, as also stated, is supposedly well done. So, I have high hopes for this game, personally. Also, there's not many games that are 60hrs out there, so, even if it's true that there's only 15 hours or so, it's fine with me. I'm sure that playing single player is dramatically different than playing with 3 other buddes :D i think it's gonna be killer, i just don't want to pay that much for a short game. if it was 50 hrs long that would mean i'm paying 1 doallar per hour of game play. i can live with that. but not $3.33 per hour. that (to me) is like wasting $50.00 at an arcade. well at least you get to keep the game. i don't know. i just think games should either cost less for what were getting or get more for what were paying. but hunter does look massacreterrific! those screen shots are sweet. :D

Kraft
05-15-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by OEM Alien
i think it's gonna be killer, i just don't want to pay that much for a short game. if it was 50 hrs long that would mean i'm paying 1 doallar per hour of game play. i can live with that. but not $3.33 per hour. that (to me) is like wasting $50.00 at an arcade. well at least you get to keep the game. i don't know. i just think games should either cost less for what were getting or get more for what were paying. but hunter does look massacreterrific! those screen shots are sweet. :D

but you forget it is 4 player multiplayer! so take your 15 hours and multiply it by 4 for 60 hours and all of the sudden you are only paying 84 cents an hour! Thats a bargain.

OEM Alien
05-15-2002, 05:08 PM

but you forget it is 4 player multiplayer! so take your 15 hours and multiply it by 4 for 60 hours and all of the sudden you are only paying 84 cents an hour! Thats a bargain. haha! :) good argument. but the game wouldn't change any, just the character you were playing as. so it's basically the same thing X 4, or playing it 4 times in a row with a different character. and as for 4 player at the same time mode... i'm not into inviting a bunch of people over to hang out at my house either (heh, not at all). that's not my thing.
WSB it is for me :)

l Maximus l
05-15-2002, 05:12 PM
I guess it wouldn't make sense to get Hunter: The Reckoning if you prefer playing solo. Personally, I like to invite buddies over and engage in the consumption of flavorful frosty beverages to quench my bloodstream :D

I think Hunter will be a great multi-player/carnage game. I'm looking forward to it :D

Spaztic
05-15-2002, 05:22 PM
Well for me it is going to be a great investment.....Since I am probably going to play this game with my 3 other friends I will more then likely be only playing with all of them for a 2 hr. sitting at a time. Then I will probably be playing just a game with my girlfriend and then one once I beat it all by myself on nightmare....so for me its like 45hrs. of gameplay so I am not worried about getting my moneys worth I know I will! Plus how can cutting 20 + zombies up with a gas chainsaw get boring? Maybe it dosn't take much to entertain me...I don't know.

l Maximus l
05-15-2002, 05:25 PM
Well for me it is going to be a great investment.....Since I am probably going to play this game with my 3 other friends I will more then likely be only playing with all of them for a 2 hr. sitting at a time. Then I will probably be playing just a game with my girlfriend and then one once I beat it all by myself on nightmare....so for me its like 45hrs. of gameplay so I am not worried about getting my moneys worth I know I will! Plus how can cutting 20 + zombies up with a gas chainsaw get boring? Maybe it dosn't take much to entertain me...I don't know.

Dude, I'm with you! I can't wait!!! :D

DZNUTZ
05-15-2002, 05:46 PM
for some reason..my eb qouted me the 23rd..not the 21st.

OEM Alien
05-15-2002, 10:06 PM
I guess it wouldn't make sense to get Hunter: The Reckoning if you prefer playing solo. Personally, I like to invite buddies over and engage in the consumption of flavorful frosty beverages to quench my bloodstream :D

I think Hunter will be a great multi-player/carnage game. I'm looking forward to it :D hehe, thats the whole rerason i don't want them over. you know the routine... here comes everyone over to play ON YOUR SHEIT! then everyone gets drunks and lit up, and then someone starts hitting on your girl, then you start hitting on someones face, and then everything gets all outta hand and all that. then the next day everyones friends and you do it all over again. nah, i've had enough of that. they can go buy there own damn hunter game and xbox. plus cool stuff you just bought turns up missing, then you find it at someone house and they got it from someone that was at your house that night. and this other person got it for x amt of $ and then your on someone ass, for stealing your whatever.... nah, no more for me, 20 years of that b.s. is enough. :D

thunderkiss2k1
05-16-2002, 01:15 AM

That's Super Swell! hehe..jk ;)

Actually, that's a good point. I never thought about playing Hunter: The Reckoning with my wife, however, she may actually dig this game :D In either case, I can't wait to get 3 other dudes over and start hacking away with my oversized battle axe :D

Multi-player without having to submit to split screen gaming is awesome! And, this game should be sweet considering how much blood and gore there is spraying off the moving corpses :D

(affects his best bill&ted voice) Just step away from the computer , dude. It'll be ok. Lol. :D

MisssMolly
05-16-2002, 09:55 AM
I pre-ordered it! I can't wait!

studepaber
05-16-2002, 10:22 AM
Plus how can cutting 20 + zombies up with a gas chainsaw get boring?

Heh I love chainsaws in videogames, anyone remember playing Mutant League Hockey and exploding all the opposing mutant players with it???

This will definitely be the best party game in my game library when it comes out next week, happy happy, joy joy!!!