PDA

View Full Version : For those of you wondering about compensation from price cut

jschelm
05-15-2002, 01:29 PM
I went to the tech support on XBOX.com to ask and here is what was said:

Christian: Welcome to Xbox interactive online support. My name is Christian, I am here to assist you.

Jonathon: Hi...I was wondering if there is going to be any kind of package offered to people that bought their xbox before the price cut like there was overseas

Christian: Unfortunately, there is no official information indicating that there will be some compensation at this time.

Jonathon: Ok, that's what I thought, just wanted to make sure....thanks

Christian: You are welcome.

So, it doesn't look good, but at least I know I have been there for the XBox from the get go.

l Maximus l
05-15-2002, 01:32 PM
I figured that would be the case. But, the way I look at it, all of us have had the priveledge in owning the XBox already...and many of which, like myself, have owned it since last November :D

silvertrace
05-15-2002, 01:34 PM
some type of compensation for the price cut seemed unrealistic.......but its nice to dream......:eek:

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-15-2002, 01:47 PM
i am not disappointed.

jschelm
05-15-2002, 01:48 PM
Yea I wasn't expecting one, but hey, it never hurts to ask.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-15-2002, 01:48 PM
i mean we enjoyed halo moths more then they ever can.

Dre
05-15-2002, 01:49 PM
I think the best compensation they could give is 1-2 months free axs to Xbox online. Very small compensation, but it will promote their service and give us a chance to experience it for free!

Spaztic
05-15-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Dre
I think the best compensation they could give is 1-2 months free axs to Xbox online. Very small compensation, but it will promote their service and give us a chance to experience it for free!

that is a great idea Dre, but I feel, as I am sure many do, that I have gotten my $100 worth since I bought it the Xbox in Nov. But it would be cool!

Belt Fed
05-15-2002, 02:44 PM
HEY!!!!!!!! they are going to charge for online play? if so it will never make it. its free with the pc. if you had a choice of a pc or xbox game and it included online play, which would you choose? come on now surly they dont plan to charge do they ? if so i am OUT!!!!!!!!:mad:

Rowdie
05-15-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Belt Fed
HEY!!!!!!!! they are going to charge for online play? if so it will never make it. its free with the pc. if you had a choice of a pc or xbox game and it included online play, which would you choose? come on now surly they dont plan to charge do they ? if so i am OUT!!!!!!!!:mad:

Yes.

I don't think it will be a major hurdle. It's free for many PC games. I don't play much with online with my PC as everything seems to be over run with cheaters. Did do a few lan parties though.

Depends on the game, but in general I lean strongly towards sitting in my living room.

Yes, they certainly do.

Looks like you're out. Thanks for playing. :cool:

jschelm
05-15-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Belt Fed

So you don't think MS is just charging for no reason they have spent a fortune on servers and things to make the XBox online service amazing and easy to use. It is for that reason that they have to charge for it

l Maximus l
05-15-2002, 03:17 PM
Right now we can play the XBox on-line through XBConnect and stuff, however, this the people hosting are actually acting as the server. So, if you get a good host with a great connection, then, there will be minimum lag, however, with Microsoft's on-line network, a.k.a. XBox Live, there will be absolutely no lag or host advantage.

I'll be one of the first to subscribe to XBox Live and playing Unreal Championship! WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!

shererboat
05-15-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls

that is a great idea Dre, but I feel, as I am sure many do, that I have gotten my $100 worth since I bought it the Xbox in Nov. But it would be cool!

EXACTLY!!!......ive gotten my $100 worth in halo alone!!!

VeNoMiZA
05-15-2002, 03:27 PM
THATS ****ED UP!!!!I PAID 350$ for my system damn u micro...i payed that much and i got no games and no controllers.maybe i should burn down spec's music lol j/k

Fixxer
05-15-2002, 03:38 PM
there will be absolutely no lag

Your kidding yourself if you believe that. I'm sure there will still be lag like all online gaming.

Belt Fed
05-15-2002, 09:52 PM
yes there will be lag no doubt.

Crazy Joe
05-15-2002, 10:09 PM
it sucks for people that bought an Xbox like 2 weeks ago though, before word of a cut starting floating around

jschelm
05-15-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew
it sucks for people that bought an Xbox like 2 weeks ago though, before word of a cut starting floating around

Depending on where they got it they could prob. still get their money back as long as it was less than 30 days. I know most places have 30 day price guarantees so if it is ever cheaper then you get the difference.

E-Xbox
05-16-2002, 03:22 PM
o well
we had the xbox long before them
..and i really like dres idea

peace