PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster selling Previously Played - $25

jschelm
05-15-2002, 01:31 PM
Ok, I just got back from my local Blockbuster and they are selling previously played games for 29.99 with 25% off!!!!

It is a heck of a deal!

l Maximus l
05-15-2002, 01:33 PM
It appears that I'll be dropping by Blockbuster on the way home today :D hehe

Thanks, Jschelm!!!

silvertrace
05-15-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by jschelm
Ok, I just got back from my local Blockbuster and they are selling previously played games for 29.99 with 25% off!!!!

It is a heck of a deal!

are we talkin Kabuki Warriors and Shrek:( or is Blockbuster liquidating some quality titles...........i'm too lazy to walk up in and be faced with a stack of Azurik copies.......:(

Xtopia
05-15-2002, 01:38 PM
I would love to buy there but...

A few months ago, I went there and rented JB:AUF. I returned it(or so I though) a few days later. I went home, and then a few hours a got a phone call from Blockbuster saying that I returned the case and not the game. I immeaditly searched my whole house and car, but found nothing! I believe they made the mistake, and not me. So I just ignored the calls. They call me about every week now. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO???????:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

jschelm
05-15-2002, 01:40 PM
They had, Max Payne, Genima, Inside Drive, Oddworld, Amped, Wreckless, Bloodwake, and a few more that I can't remember.

Also, as far as mess ups with blockbuster, usually if you talk to someone there they will just wipe it off your account. They are pretty lenient on that stuff.

Xtopia
05-15-2002, 01:42 PM
Also, as far as mess ups with blockbuster, usually if you talk to someone there they will just wipe it off your account. They are pretty lenient on that stuff.

But I've been ignoring their calls for months! And if I go in now, there will be a HUGE fine waiting for me!:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

jschelm
05-15-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia

But I've been ignoring their calls for months! And if I go in now, there will be a HUGE fine waiting for me!:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

That will make it a little tougher then....Well, as long as they don't know your face just don't give them your card when you buy the new stuff....you don't have to.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-15-2002, 01:44 PM
pay the huge fine and get on with life.i am getting my dreamcast soon.tahts so sweeeeet.

Xtopia
05-15-2002, 01:45 PM
That will make it a little tougher then....Well, as long as they don't know your face just don't give them your card when you buy the new stuff....you don't have to.

Oh ya! I would buy the game...not rent it! They would not have to see my card!:p

DZNUTZ
05-15-2002, 03:40 PM
hey yo..my girl is a manager at blockbuster...and ususually their not to lienent....i'd take care of it asap. In fact the same thing happned to my cuz..they said he didn't return his game and that he was gonna have to pay...they gave him the run around for like a month but finally took it off fully..ya want to take care of it before they send u to a collection agency!! ( don't mess wit your credit, or your folks)

anywya..the following are the tactics ( legitimate ones at that to) that we used to get the fee removed.

1. throw in their face your age, how long you've been a blockbuster member, your history as a member ( hopefully good) and be forceful without being rude ( by all means be rude back tho if they are to u, don't take no chit)..say first if the don't remove the fee, you'll stop doing biz with them and make sure to tell them you'll strongly advise all of your family members and friends how they screwede u and you'll persuade them to cancel their memberships as well. and if your 110% certain you did return it (make sho)....then say u will not pay and you'll even take them to small claims court over it....its more principal then $$ ...at least in my book.

belive me..their are many un saviorery characters employyed at blockbuster..and either do to their ignorance or dishonesty....its probably their fault.

xboxmaster2002
05-15-2002, 04:08 PM
i work at blockbuster so i get them for 18 $ its great

plpkb
05-15-2002, 04:16 PM
I found that blockbuster doesnt take the best care of their games. They stick stickers on them and wipe them down any kind of way. If I rent a game thats been out any amount of time they are scratched up.

Taranis
05-15-2002, 04:27 PM
Yes, but they also guarantee the preplayed merchandise for 30 days, so you can play it for a while and make sure it's ok. If not, just return it. I returned a DC game once and they didn't have anymore, not only did they give me all of my money back (not credit but cash), but they also gave me another $10 store credit towards another game.

I'd say that's pretty good service, in this day and age.