PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if the Xbox...

faceoff508
05-15-2002, 03:43 PM
I am just wondering...

What would you do if the Xbox lost the councel wars?

EDIT: FOR THE LAST ONE ITS SELL NOT SEE!! SORRY!

khaos2005
05-15-2002, 03:49 PM
I'd go get laid, and upon my return, engage in some Halo action.

Kraft
05-15-2002, 03:52 PM
I'd probably wake up, since it was all just a dream anyways.

OEM Alien
05-15-2002, 04:02 PM
hah! since you failed to list the obvious, i'll state it for you.
I WOULD KEEP PLAYING PC GAMES BECAUSE THEY'RE STILL BETTER ANYWAYS!
*firecrackers go off, confetti flies everywhere.*
no i'm not going to buy a ps2 because they are 199.99 either. but i might very well buy a gc if:
a. they go down to 149.99
and
b. xbox doesn't get the resident evil remakes (which i think they will, and they will announce it at e3)
so i i just keep playing the best games in the world (pc games) and if xbox doesn't get r.e. then i get a gc just for the r.e. remakes.

DZNUTZ
05-15-2002, 04:21 PM
lol...what rock did you crawl out from under OEM?
Xbox is not gonna get the R.E. series
and not that your not entitled to your opinion....but y are u on the xboxboards instead of a pc forum? if ya luv gaming. regardless of what console/pc is..thats terrific...but i would think someone who has that outlook would come to the respected board and talk about those issues..and not compare them.:confused:
anyways..i don't know where u got that info on RE..but i stay pretty up on my games...and i'd bet MS aint gonna get any RE titles...expect maybe ps2 to finish out a couple...but their gonna be offsprings and not the same format of game we're used too

l Maximus l
05-15-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
I'd probably wake up, since it was all just a dream anyways.

BWAHAHAHA! That's what I was going to say until I read this!

Hey, good minds think alike :D

OEM Alien
05-15-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
lol...what rock did you crawl out from under OEM?
Xbox is not gonna get the R.E. series
and not that your not entitled to your opinion....but y are u on the xboxboards instead of a pc forum? if ya luv gaming. regardless of what console/pc is..thats terrific...but i would think someone who has that outlook would come to the respected board and talk about those issues..and not compare them.:confused:
anyways..i don't know where u got that info on RE..but i stay pretty up on my games...and i'd bet MS aint gonna get any RE titles...expect maybe ps2 to finish out a couple...but their gonna be offsprings and not the same format of game we're used too i have an xbox but theres hardy any good games out right now, and pc games are still better than xbox games are as of right now, soooo.
i don't know what kind of temper issues you have but maybe you should daeal with them in some other way then getting all huffy puffy over a person with a kick arse pc and loves it's gaming capabilities just like he loves his xbox gaming capabilities.and btw there's a very good chance r.e WILL come to xbox. capcom has already publicly stated this over and over. so you might want to think about doing that rock thing you mentioned. :cool:

wweomaniac
05-15-2002, 04:40 PM
i said that I'd throw it in the trash...
what happened to everyone who owned a Dreamcast and was devoted to it?? eh eh??
I'm a bit skeptical about its performance right now...
to be serious...
if xbox doesn't do well after Project Ego...
I might hafta take actions.

So far PS2 is outselling XBOX by 10:1.
PS2 has sold more than 20 M so far... and XBOX has only sold 2 M worldwide.

I'm not biased. I love the box... buts thats reality.

Kraft
05-15-2002, 04:40 PM
I have to admit, PC gaming is better. Heck my PC only cost me 1,500 dollars so I can play top of the line games while my box cost an outrageous 300 dollars so I could do the exact same thing! Who the heck do these MS guys think they are charging 300 dollars when I could save money and spend a grand and a half on a pc?!

*note: all math was done by blindfolding self and drawing random numbers out of a bag*

DZNUTZ
05-15-2002, 04:42 PM
hey OEM...wasn't trying to get all huffy puffy..sorry if i came off that way....

what i was trying to say is...even though i love my xbox the most..it doesn't prevent me from buying/playing ps2 and Gc games....( i've just never been into PC gaming) But i wouldnt' go to ps2 or gc boards saying how xbox was better then them.
anywho as i said sorry if i came off all pi$$Y.

anyways..do u have a link by chance in regards to capcom saying their gonna bring RE to the XBOX? Its my understanding, that their might (or probably will be) some off-shoot re titles be finished for ps2 and a previous contract, but besides that..its also my understand that Big N has a RE exclusive contract for quite sometime.

OEM Alien
05-15-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
hey OEM...wasn't trying to get all huffy puffy..sorry if i came off that way....

what i was trying to say is...even though i love my xbox the most..it doesn't prevent me from buying/playing ps2 and Gc games....( i've just never been into PC gaming) But i wouldnt' go to ps2 or gc boards saying how xbox was better then them.
anywho as i said sorry if i came off all pi$$Y.

anyways..do u have a link by chance in regards to capcom saying their gonna bring RE to the XBOX? Its my understanding, that their might (or probably will be) some off-shoot re titles be finished for ps2 and a previous contract, but besides that..its also my understand that Big N has a RE exclusive contract for quite sometime. no. i don't save links like that. but i've read them a bunch of times before and i remember one was on msnbc as well. but i was at xbox.com a while back and there was a guy named chris (i know this dude from a few years ago) and he works for capcom and said that dino 3 was going to be a platformer... ugh! and i tried to tell him that was a bad idea, but then we were talking about genma onimusha and he said that if genma did good in japan and here (they did) that capcom would not be as hesitant to re release the r.e. series on xbox because good sales of genma onimusha would indicate to capcom that people are still interrested in survival horror games with a pre rendered backgroun. in other words, since genma sold so good on a next gen console (xbox) and even though it has soooo much power to do more they would do r.e. on xbox because although it's a "to" superior machine fo pre rendered background games, they'll make them anyways because everyone wants them and they will sell big time. so i have a very good feeling that r.e. will come to xbox. and that's why i'm waiting till e3 before i go and buy a gc just for r.e.

TheGeezer
05-16-2002, 10:21 AM
For me it would depend on the situation at the time i.e what games were out for it, were any games still due out for it and what the state of the other consoles was at. If M$ suddenly pulled the plug on it tomorrow I would start thinking about a GC & aslong as a reasonable price could still be had, then Id sell the Xbox. Aint going to happen though so Bum Cheeks is all I can say really.

OppiumNitrates
05-16-2002, 10:30 AM
RE isnt even that great

PC games may be better then xbox games but. . . .

for the PC game to looks and play better u have to have a super nice computer $$$$$ and upgrade is all the time $$$ and the keybaord and mouse just dont have the feel of the controller . . .also when u buy an xbox game theres no intalling or setting up ur video and sound u just play it and a PC cant compare to that

TheGeezer
05-16-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
RE isnt even that great

PC games may be better then xbox games but. . . .

for the PC game to looks and play better u have to have a super nice computer $$$$$ and upgrade is all the time $$$ and the keybaord and mouse just dont have the feel of the controller . . .also when u buy an xbox game theres no intalling or setting up ur video and sound u just play it and a PC cant compare to that

I agree.... thats why I only use a PC at work

Highlite23
05-16-2002, 01:05 PM
I build systems for a living, and i would rather play games on a council.

Yes, you can get some killer graphics and sound from a PC...For a price.

There is always some glitch or conflict if you run different programs on your PC that need to be altered depending on the game.

Keyboard & Mouse doesn't compare to a controller.

I would rather have a unit devoted strictlly to running a specific type of software and nothing else for my gaming experience, regardless of the system. XBOX, PS2, GC.

Let me state for the record: THESE ARE MY OPINIONS!

Xtopia
05-16-2002, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE]So far PS2 is outselling XBOX by 10:1. [/QUOTE

Fear not! The POS2 has also been out a lot longer! The XBox has been out for 7 months...while the Pos2 has been out for 19 months! That is a ration of 3:1! 6:2, 12:4, 24:8, 48:16, 96:32, 192:64, 384:128! Get the picture! Be patient man, it will be ok.;)

silvertrace
05-16-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by highlite23
I build systems for a living, and i would rather play games on a council.

is a council the same thing as a console:rolleyes:

Highlite23
05-16-2002, 01:30 PM
Actually No............I have a group i play catch with.;)

Yes, can you EVER forgive my errors..........;)

silvertrace
05-16-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by highlite23
Actually No............I have a group i play catch with.;)

Yes, can you EVER forgive my errors..........;)

*silver ties highlite23 to the stake and pours gasoline on him as a warning, next time a match is lit.............. :eek:

Highlite23
05-16-2002, 01:54 PM
LOL:D