PDA

View Full Version : Whats it like to game online?

plpkb
05-15-2002, 04:12 PM
I've never played an oline game so I was wondering what you guys that have (pc or otherwise) think of it. When you play games onlie do you tend to cutdown on game renting and buying because you spend lots of time with your online games.

l Maximus l
05-15-2002, 04:17 PM
Oh man, dude...I play Halo on-line through www.xbconnect.com . Just download the software and very rarely would you probably feel the need to buy more games! It's awesome playing against people or teaming up with people that have varying skillsets. It's so much better playing this way versus playing against artificial intelligence in the form of "bots". That's my personal opinion :)

silvertrace
05-15-2002, 04:20 PM
ever since i started playin halo online i havent purchased another game, i've rented a few, but i still found myself playin halo with some buddies online, lettin the rented game waste away........tho its losing its luster after months of playin, i am still addicted to halo........its just too much fun.......:eek:

Kraft
05-15-2002, 04:25 PM
Oh my god, dude. obviously you have a computer and an internet connection, so let me offer you this piece of advice: go out and buy the starcraft set from your local electronics store. It includes Starcraft, Broodwar expansion and a strategy guide. Starcraft is by far the most fun I have ever had playing online, especially if you are into war/strategy games. All my friends play by this and I would swear on it before I ever swore on something dumb like my mothers grave.

DZNUTZ
05-15-2002, 04:25 PM
well think of it this way..if ya like perfer multiplayer games ..with, or against your buddies (like i do)....then think of it like that....times ten!! from my vary limited dc experience....it was great....but from what what xboxlive has promised us...its gonna be absolutley AMAZZZZING!!:eek:

-WorldSpawn-
05-15-2002, 05:32 PM
Simply put... online/multiplayer is the future. If I see a game that is single-player only, I will not buy it. I might rent it and beat it over the week-end but that's it. When you have multiplayer, it is endless fun! Like Maximus says, it's way better than playing some AI bots... plus you get to trash talk your friends :). Online will enhance this experience x10 since you don't have to wait until your 4 buddies come over some saturday night to play this way, let alone searching high and low for someone your skill level. You will be able to play a wide variety of people, or just in a clan if you're so inclined. It will ROCK!!!!

VeNoMiZA
05-15-2002, 05:38 PM
Playing online ot me is better than polaying your frineds becuase if they lose they cant hit you lol.or they cant ***** about how they lost.And its better and you play different people shwoing them your skillz while at the same time you are learning better skills.

ftyards
05-15-2002, 05:45 PM
online is pure fun I haven't had the chance of playing halo online yet, but i do play counter-strike and I have been playing that since my freshman year in college(98), and I still play it. Online is the best.

Pakkratt
05-15-2002, 06:00 PM
Online play is freaking amazing man. You should try it out.

Belt Fed
05-15-2002, 06:14 PM
Dude Nascar 4 and nascar 2000 for pc online is better than s-x.
Well almost but racing against 30 other people is awsome, and MOHAA aint no slouch online either, but for those you have to have a pretty good rig "a hopped up pc" i only buy games to play online cause there aint nothing like it. playing against bots dont cut it. Try it you'll like it:D Cable or dsl or something like those is almost required,to hard to play on dial up.

Boomer
05-15-2002, 06:16 PM
Online play is great. It's not a waste of time. It's double the fun playing online instead of alone.

hardline28
05-15-2002, 06:28 PM
I lost 3 years of my life to Ultima Online. Was the most fun I have ever had gaming until they ruined the game

plpkb
05-15-2002, 07:23 PM
So will a switch work without having to pay my isp more money or do I need to get a hub.

mrmp3
05-15-2002, 08:59 PM
My PC always had somethin wrong. Whether it be not enough RAM which I got now, or a terrible video card which I still have, PC games had a terrible video quality and skipped a lot. I have a 700 somethin MHZ processor so it can handle the game it's just the video card is so damn ****ty. Anywayz, I finally played my first online game today. 3 of'em actually. Counterstrike, MOH: AA, and RTCW. Let me just say, all 3 suck you in so much I literally spent the whole time at his PC. MOH: AA is amazing. The only problem is I was kicking ass and I'm a newbie so I dunno it was a bit messed up. Counterstrike was fun but you could tell there were a ton of people who've played this game since it's birth years back. As for Xbox games online, I wouldn't know yet. But system link, it adds a ton of fun. Smucks on the other screen can't see what your plotting and as a result no cheating which makes me dominate royally. With XboxLive coming though and me getting DSL, I seriously can't wait to play UC and Ghost Recon. Rogue Spear was also awesome online, but my harddrive was filled so much at the time I couldn't keep up with the MOD age. As a result, I sat there with a shotgun while some guy has a freakin automatic shotgun that kills in less than a second and some weirdo with a Navy style Grendade Laucher (kinda like a RPG [Rocket-propelled grenade]) killing me instantly so I began losing interest. But trust me if PC online is anything like Xbox will be, I suggest getting your Xbox hooked up with XbConnect. Signing off...

stingu
05-15-2002, 10:45 PM
Online gaming is where it's at. I just wish XBox Live was going to be up and running early Summer -- not late Summer or Fall.

It's always much much more fun playing human opponents. You WILL have hours of fun -- day in and day out. See ya when it's up and running!!!