PDA

View Full Version : Spring Tokyo Game Show Possibly Cancelled!

DOOM
10-05-2001, 12:09 PM
According to Coremagazine, the Japanese Computer Entertainment Software Association (CESA) made the announcement today that they have plans to cancel the Spring (not the Fall show. I repeat, not the Fall show) Tokyo Game Show 2002. They are citing falling attendance in terms of overall visitors and corporate participants, and have decided to make the Tokyo GameShow an annual event instead. The cancellation is expected to hit Microsoft the hardest as they are gearing up for the launch of the Xbox in Japan in February and were expected to have several major announcements planned for the show. It's believed the Spring Tokyo Game Show would have factored heavily in Microsoft's Xbox launch promotional plans, especially for Japan.

It Might Happen, But It Doesnt Really Matter though... M$ Will Most Likley Rent A Stadium & Run Their Own Show SOLO!
It is believed, that Microsoft will host an independent event for the Xbox to make up for the loss.
This Is M$ Here People...
It's Not Like They Couldnt Do It!
$$$$$$$$$$$$!

"One More Thing" if anyone is behind this it's Sony. Most people don't realize that SONY is just as bad as Microsoft when it comes to a monopoly. Someones Getting Paid Off Somewhere...

Could Also Be That The Japanese are afraid of Micrsoft U.S.A. taking over the market, I Smell Conspiracy.

Then Again This Could Just Be Another Rumor Spread By Dam Ps2 and Cube FanBoys!

Laterz!

http://www.coremagazine.com/news/5006.php3

sinizuh
10-05-2001, 01:08 PM
possibly? nope. it's canceled.

http://www.fgnonline.com/industry/news/20182.html

DOOM
10-05-2001, 10:36 PM
Sadly, we received word from the Japanese CESA (Computer Entertainment Software Association) today regarding plans to cancel the Spring Tokyo Game Show 2002.

PLANNING TO CANCEL DOESNT MEAN CANCELED... It's Still Under Discussion...

Aaron
10-06-2001, 03:36 PM
No, its cancelled. But microsoft plans to hold its own show

DOOM
10-07-2001, 11:55 PM
Yeah, thats what i figured...
Will be better like that anyway!