PDA

View Full Version : Well I got my xbox and.....

hardline28
05-15-2002, 06:08 PM
All I have to say is its amazing. Halo is unbelievable. I can't wait till I get acustomed to the controls. I have a couple of questions for you vets.

Is there anything I need to do when turning it off? I remember the dreamcast you had to make sure not to turn the power off while the disk was spinning or something like that. Can I just turn it off?

What games do I need to get? I got Halo and thats all. I was going to get HNL but its a port and my buddy has it for ps2 (Can't wait for him to get a look at HALO, he will be buying one tomorrow). What games are not ports? Here are some games I am thinking of. Max Payne, Nascar. What else are "must haves"?

I am sure I will have more questions later, but I am off to play more Halo. That Warthog thing is a beast.

Peace

My generic signature

faceoff508
05-15-2002, 06:12 PM
1. First take the disk out, then turn it off! Just to play it safe dont leave the CD in the cd case!

2. Wait for Hunter and Morrowind, thier comming out May 21, or if you dont want to wait then get Amped or Project Gotham racing!

Pakkratt
05-15-2002, 06:13 PM
Well, you should always take the game out before turning it off anyway.

hardline28
05-15-2002, 06:14 PM
so while the game is running just eject it and then turn the system off? Is that correct?

faceoff508
05-15-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by hardline28
so while the game is running just eject it and then turn the system off? Is that correct?

Yep, but first go to the menu screen and then take it out ( well i dont think you have to do that, but I do it just in case)

Boomer
05-15-2002, 06:22 PM
(pay close attention to bold)

1. First take the disk out, then turn it off! Just to play it safe dont leave the CD in the cd case!

You mean that as a joke right? hehe... :confused:

wulff
05-15-2002, 06:30 PM
From reading all this .
I now know that i abuse my box.
And to think i've had ZERO prob's since launch day..hhmmpphh.

jschelm
05-15-2002, 06:34 PM
Why do you guys say not to leave the games in the XBox? If you aren't moving it around I would think there would be less wear and tear on the xbox by just leaving it in the drive. Now, when I move my xbox I always take the games out.

Pakkratt
05-15-2002, 06:36 PM
Well, it says in the book that came with it to take the games out. But, I always did that anyway before I even looked at the book.

Snoopy7548
05-15-2002, 06:37 PM
i HATE the default halo controls, theyre so horrible. on the new oxm disc, and in the mag, it says that u can change the controls for the halo demo, but u cant. i cant even play the demo with those controls. i wanna beat that level on the demo disc cause it has a "special demo ending".:D

l Maximus l
05-15-2002, 06:39 PM
I have a habit of ejecting my games after I'm finished with them and simply putting them back in the case. Then I turn it off.

By the way, hardline...in my humble opinion, you need to buy Rallisport Challenge as your next game. Then, Amped Freestyle Snowboarding. Those three games (Also, referring to your current masterpeice of a game, Halo) alone will make your PS2 buddy salivate like crazy! :D

But, make sure you get used to the controls for Halo. Admittingly, it took me a good 5 minutes to finally get the hang of things. Now, I find the controls to be second nature. I consider myself a "pro" at Halo since I have been playing it on-line for so long. I love this game and rarely does a day go by that I don't play it...and I've owned it since November 15th, 2001!!!! :D

Make sure you check out the multi-player function on Halo...it's a must. Also, if your buddy gets an XBox, get a Crossover cable (also known to be referred to as a "System Link Cable" that Microsoft puts out - it's just a Crossover, that's it). Hook up two XBoxes and get a total of 8 dudes going at once in multiplayer! Also, Halo can support up to 4 XBoxes and 16 players if you want to get extra rowdy :D You'll need a HUB and four standard RJ45 CAT 5 patch cables for that...not crossovers. Anyway, have a blast and make sure you also check out all of the customizations you can create for multi-player!!! :D

GokuX
05-16-2002, 12:16 AM
Welcome aboard Hardline

JJaX
05-16-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i HATE the default halo controls, theyre so horrible. on the new oxm disc, and in the mag, it says that u can change the controls for the halo demo, but u cant. i cant even play the demo with those controls. i wanna beat that level on the demo disc cause it has a "special demo ending".:D

Hhehee i love inverted Default controls. So i zipped throught the demo to see the "special ending"

Its not big deal. Its jsut the seargant sitting at the 1st entrance of the silent Cartogpher telling you to go and buy this game if you wanna kick more alien ass etc............

Spaztic
05-16-2002, 11:31 AM
i didn't care for the default controls as well. Then I bought max payne and played it for awhile and now I can only play halo w/ the default setup!

Duke
05-16-2002, 12:01 PM
I really like the default controls (inverted) They were pretty much how I've always wanted FPS controls to be set up.

Snoopy7548
05-16-2002, 02:36 PM
i have my controls so that the left thumbstick moves you forward and backward, and strafes you left and right. the right thumbstick is for looking up and down, and looking left and right. my friend hates that setup, but i love it:D