PDA

View Full Version : Instant plus with the price drop...

Highlite23
05-15-2002, 08:09 PM
Well out of my group of 7 gamers that i play with, there were 3 PS2 followers sticking to there guns.

Needless to say i got messages on my machine this evening informing me of there new XBOX purchase.

I'll say it agian yall'

COME THE HOLLIDAYS THIS SYSTEM IS GOING TO BE A MUST HAVE

I can't wait for xbox live just to cap it all off.

VIVA LA BOX!!:cool:

MixMasta
05-15-2002, 08:39 PM
now that there is a price drop, im telling everyone with ps2 or gamecube to get an xbox!! i told like everyone at school.....just doing my part for the best system in the world!!!!!

faceoff508
05-15-2002, 08:55 PM
We must preach more!

TheDemyelinator
05-15-2002, 09:06 PM
ms rules, how long did it take for ps2 to price drop??? lol and MS drops their xbox after how long?? lmfao this is grrrreat

xbox is the owner of video games

OEM Alien
05-15-2002, 09:47 PM
so i went to cd warehouse tonight to get no doubt rock steady used (they didn't have it) and i asked the dude if they had xbox games. and he was like "DID YOU HEAR WHAT THEY DID?!!?!?!?!" all hyper like. and i said "yeah, you mean the price drop to 199?" and he said yeah. so i was like oh hell yeah, thats killer. and he was like... oh... is it better than the ps2 ??? (i guess he had a ps2 and seemed interrested in a xbox since the price drop) and i said oh man, its not even close! it blows it away dude. and we shot the sheit for a few and he was saying how everyone thinks the gamecube sucks and blah blah bla (heh). so then i go into EB to try and see if i could get dungeon seige used (didn't have it used :mad:) but while i was looking there were about 3 different people that came in and were asking about the xbox and the new controller etc.. sounds like they were all gonna buy one to. i couldn't find a used copy of dungeon seige so i went to best buy (broke down and bought both rock steady and dungeon seige new) and they had a ps2 and a xbox sitting next to each other on a table and some kind of rebate from msn with purchase of one of the to systems !!?? but anyways the xbox was 79.99 after $200.00 rebate with remote, and ps2 was 89.99 with remote after rebate. weird sheit! and umm yep xbox was 10.00 cheaper.

the end. :)

sinizuh
05-15-2002, 09:54 PM
Took sony 18 months for a PS2 price cut...

Innotech
05-15-2002, 11:22 PM
I was in Wal MArt the exact moment they were marking down the consoles. They were also marking down Nintendo controllers I think....

Kraft
05-16-2002, 12:02 AM
Lol, thats a funny news story

(puts on his news reporter hat)

This just in! Microsoft and Sony have drastically slashed the prices on their next-gen video game consoles! Not to be left in the dust, Nintendo sprang into action moments later by cutting the costs on their... controllers...

(takes off hat)

Hugh_Jass
05-16-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by sinizuh
Took sony 18 months for a PS2 price cut...

MS cut the price because they HAD to, not because they wanted to. Sony had the same motivations. The timing was not a coincidence.

l Maximus l
05-16-2002, 11:14 AM
Personally, I believe that Sony cut the price of the PS2 because they feel threatened by the XBox.

Duke
05-16-2002, 11:19 AM
Of course they felt threatened. Xbox is PS2's main competitor (at least in the US). Especially with the add-ons coming out they couldn't afford to be charging $100 more per console.

Kind of wish I had waited, but I think the extra time playing cancels out the $100 I would have saved.

Kraft
05-16-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Personally, I believe that Sony cut the price of the PS2 because they feel threatened by the XBox.

Of course they felt threatened. The only arguement they had against the xbox is they have a bigger game library, and that is trivial considering the quality of a lot of the games. That, and the xbox price drop was immanent to begin with. So why not drop the price and try to milk a little extra out of the cosole sales before the xbox takes over completely?

TheDemyelinator
05-16-2002, 11:40 AM
ms is doing all the right things so far, now let's just hope online play is as good as we hope it to be :) and CHEAP!

Highlite23
05-16-2002, 12:52 PM
I know this reaks of FanBoyism, but i gotta go with Max, Sony jumped the gun to keep the perception of MS "Having" to cut there price.

I do beleive that Sony is threatened by Xbox, and they should.

MS did the right thing, your competitor is selling for $300, you put out a better system for the same price.
Your competitor drops, to force the "value" issue, MS follows suite.

What does Sony do now?? Who's really winning the battle here, think about it.

I'm glad MS hasn't said too much about XBOX live, Sony says it's launching soon, but according to some PS2 owners, it doesn't really sound that appealing, as opposed to braoudband, Hard Drive, and the right games right out of the gate.

Let's face it, if your a PS2 fan you interpret this in a different way, only time and software will tell.

Huckleberry
05-16-2002, 01:53 PM
as stated in the interview you linked to in a different thread, highlite, ms announced their price drop a few weeks ago, at which time sony said they had no need and no intention of following suit.

of course, sony would not have stated at that point that they were going to do the same...it would have seemed reactionary. by waiting a couple of weeks, they were counting on the average joe forgetting that they had said they would not drop their price...and they would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those darn kids! doodily do...doodily do...doodily do...

E-Xbox
05-16-2002, 03:26 PM
i still cant beleive the price drop
ps2 price drop: 18 months after launch
xbox price drop: like 6 months after launch!

and m$ was already loosing 100 on every system...
hehe
hoora!

peace