PDA

View Full Version : All this disk error readin is worrying me

hardline28
05-16-2002, 01:31 AM
As some of you know, I just bought an xbox today and love it. I bought Halo and rented ssx. Both are really fun. I have read some post about about people *****ing about the disk error. Are these people serious? Or are they jealous PS2 fans? Does it happen a lot? What do you do when it happens? I bought it from the local software store at the mall and they didnt offer an extended warranty. Is this going to be a problem?

On a side note, I bought an S controler and it seems to be broke already. This isnt a problem because I know I can return it tomorrow.

Peace

My generic signature

Nerrad529
05-16-2002, 01:35 AM
Hmmm I don't know what to tell you. The only problem I ever had was it froze a bunch of times.

Azazel
05-16-2002, 03:52 AM
Ive never had a single problem. Dont worry so much.

However, do get a 2 year warranty with Microsoft just in case.

Gaboche
05-16-2002, 07:44 AM
Never had a problem here :cool:

Kraft
05-16-2002, 08:54 AM
Mine locks up about once every 3 hours while playing Blood Omen 2. Since this happens no other time at all, I'm guessing its probably just the disk. And since I haven't heard anyone else complain about their BO2 disks being weird, its probably just my disk. Oh well, one game out of 10 acts a little funny, not too bad.

DrUnKtAnK
05-16-2002, 09:09 AM
I have had probably 2 'disc errors' total since I've had the XBOX from launch date in November 2001. Besides that, smooth as silk.....

I also would recommend the 2 year protection plan from Microsoft, hell it's another $50.00, and it's worth it....

If you get errors or it's not preforming to your liking, take it back and they will replace it with one right off the shelf....Same with any accessories that you have purchased also. If the store gives you are hard time about them, call up XBOX and they will ship you a replacement promptly.

(My brother had a problem with the standard a/v cord, called and they sent a replacement within 24 hrs., it turned out the cables were not bad, he's VCR that he was running it through was a piece....)

Highlite23
05-16-2002, 09:48 AM
Not a single glitch since i bought the system.:cool:

OppiumNitrates
05-16-2002, 10:17 AM
had a few Dirty disk errors while playing online but that happends alot when playing on XBC for some reason. . .. . .other then that no problems